Trophy Thoughts?

Burgins

There's a review from Playstation Universe. Joe Apsey gave it a 8.5/10. There's 35 levels.

https://www.psu.com/reviews/the-hong-kong-massacre-ps4/

From Joe Apsey

"Every single moment I spent playing The Hong Kong Massacre I never wanted to stop. Every time I narrowly missed a bullet, killed the enemy that shot that bullet and cleared a level, I just wanted to keep playing. Similarly, whenever I died I wanted to have another run through a level and try to succeed where I had just failed. At the end of every level, I breathed a sigh of relief upon succeeding as the camera zoomed in on my final enemy as they slowly fell to the ground, lifeless."

Edited by Ghost

8 minutes ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

yeah .. I understand that 100% Maybe next week here in the US?

Fingers crossed :)

EDIT : Delayed for unknown reasons, devs say before the 31st

https://www.gameinformer.com/2019/01/23/hong-kong-massacres-ps4-release-slightly-delayed-for-america

Edited by SecondGenesis
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, SecondGenesis said:

Fingers crossed :)

EDIT : Delayed for unknown reasons, devs say before the 31st

https://www.gameinformer.com/2019/01/23/hong-kong-massacres-ps4-release-slightly-delayed-for-america

ok thks

13 minutes ago, z-Blazee said:

The US version delayed to jan 31

13 minutes ago, z-Blazee said:

The US version delayed to jan 31

thks for the info as well

• 3 years later...

Only one remaining obstacle in the way of my platinum now—to grind another 3000 kills. Joy. ?

Thank goodness the boss levels don't have challenges. Shotgun is definitely the preferred weapon for Perfect Aim, although it can be infuriatingly inconsistent at landing hits. There were so many instances where I had the "X" filling my reticle to indicate that it was lined up properly, and fired a nearly point-blank blast, only to hit nothing whatsoever. Other times, I took a poorly-aimed shot which somehow eliminated three dudes simultaneously. Makes no sense! Fortunately, as long as your shots always show an "X" in the reticle, they won't invalidate Perfect Aim even if they end up missing (often because the enemy rolled).

It's amazing how the AI is usually braindead, but can randomly become The Terminator at any given moment, instantly pre-firing you to death as you round a corner and other such bullshit. The shotgun enemies are insufferable assholes, and the armored guys are nearly as bad; prioritize them mercilessly. You can literally just follow armored guards with your reticle when they roll after the first hit, and finish them off just before they stand up again, in an identical manner to the strategy for bosses. Personally, I found the final level to be much harder than the police station, but the entirety of the last day is a pain.

Took a while to sink in, but once I realized just how much you can actually get away with by abusing slow motion dodges and strafing, the game got a lot easier. I quickly learned that it's best to commit to a direction when strafing, because doubling back typically leads you right into a bullet. The deathless trophies didn't take long with save backups; I earned them first.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2022-09-09 at 8:26 AM, StraightVege said:

Only one remaining obstacle in the way of my platinum now—to grind another 3000 kills. Joy. ?

Thank goodness the boss levels don't have challenges. Shotgun is definitely the preferred weapon for Perfect Aim, although it can be infuriatingly inconsistent at landing hits. There were so many instances where I had the "X" filling my reticle to indicate that it was lined up properly, and fired a nearly point-blank blast, only to hit nothing whatsoever. Other times, I took a poorly-aimed shot which somehow eliminated three dudes simultaneously. Makes no sense! Fortunately, as long as your shots always show an "X" in the reticle, they won't invalidate Perfect Aim even if they end up missing (often because the enemy rolled).

It's amazing how the AI is usually braindead, but can randomly become The Terminator at any given moment, instantly pre-firing you to death as you round a corner and other such bullshit. The shotgun enemies are insufferable assholes, and the armored guys are nearly as bad; prioritize them mercilessly. You can literally just follow armored guards with your reticle when they roll after the first hit, and finish them off just before they stand up again, in an identical manner to the strategy for bosses. Personally, I found the final level to be much harder than the police station, but the entirety of the last day is a pain.

Took a while to sink in, but once I realized just how much you can actually get away with by abusing slow motion dodges and strafing, the game got a lot easier. I quickly learned that it's best to commit to a direction when strafing, because doubling back typically leads you right into a bullet. The deathless trophies didn't take long with save backups; I earned them first.

I see this game on sale again, and have considered buying so many times. How is the difficulty compared to Hotline Miami?