Can you play DLC and get trophies on Demos?

Hvalpen

So i only need the Pirates DLC for Littlebigplanet(ps3) to get 100%. Since the DLC is the american version i need an american game. I dont feel like spending 20 dollars on the base game and im wondering if i would be able to run the dlc and unlock trophies by installing the demo version of LBP? Or demo games in general.

11 minutes ago, Hvalpen said:

So i only need the Pirates DLC for Littlebigplanet(ps3) to get 100%. Since the DLC is the american version i need an american game. I dont feel like spending 20 dollars on the base game and im wondering if i would be able to run the dlc and unlock trophies by installing the demo version of LBP? Or demo games in general.

You need the game to be able to play the DLC

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rwd1997 said:

You need the game to be able to play the DLC

11 minutes ago, kingdrake2 said:

DLC only works with a paid game unfortunately.

These^

You must own a copy of the full game, else the DLC will be completely inaccessible and you will have wasted your money on something you can't use. All a demo does is give you a small section of the game to play and that's it, nothing more or less.

Also, the DLC probably won't even download or even install if it doesn't detect the game is present on your Hard Drive.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

1 hour ago, HuntingFever said:

These^

You must own a copy of the full game, else the DLC will be completely inaccessible and you will have wasted your money on something you can't use. All a demo does is give you a small section of the game to play and that's it, nothing more or less.

Also, the DLC probably won't even download or even install if it doesn't detect the game is present on your Hard Drive.

What about timed trials which are the full game with a limited scope of time?

2 minutes ago, Kittet3 said:

What about timed trials which are the full game with a limited scope of time?

Those trials allow you to play the full game for an hour each year. Trophies unlock but you still need to buy the game to make them show up in your profile.

although, you already have the game, it migh work - that you play that hour, unlock those trophies and they still visible later. Worth a try, but make sure you complete the DLC under an hour, or it will stay in backlog for a full year...

15 hours ago, TurtlePM said:

Those trials allow you to play the full game for an hour each year. Trophies unlock but you still need to buy the game to make them show up in your profile.

although, you already have the game, it migh work - that you play that hour, unlock those trophies and they still visible later. Worth a try, but make sure you complete the DLC under an hour, or it will stay in backlog for a full year...

Hmm, I wonder if streaming the game from Playstation Now counts as "buying"? 

Also, I didn't know I got a whole hour each year.