Am I understanding the online correctly?

Yinyangfooey

So I'm starting the online trophies now...and I'm a bit confused. I'm reading up a bunch of methods, and one method for the All Sales Are Final trophy, with you changing the internal clock. Should I win my first game, with the automatic clock on first, AND THEN turn it off and do the 30 days straight thing? 

Also, people say your stats glitch if you're not the host of the game....just to clarify hosting a game means creating a Game Room and waiting for 5 people to come in right? Because currently it's almost midnight where I am and I have no played a single game. Is online really that rare? I've had people come in an out of my Game Room but back out shortly afterwards. 

Please let me know if there any other tips! I'm also planning on tackling the online trophies first before I go into the campaign, so hope that works out.

• Like 1

Yes, you don't need to start advancing the clock until you've won once. That counts as Day 1. 

It's a really old game. Chances of having five people pop in and stick around long enough to start a match, are extremely slim. Playing in split screen would cut the required number down to 4, but still, highly unlikely you'd even get that many at one time. Why many choose to boost. That, and it's usually faster/easier.

One online trophy can not be earned before playing the single player portion, by the way. An online car (required for 50 kills with every vehicle) is only unlocked after beating the game on Twisted difficulty with gold medals on every level. 

Edited by DamagingRob

34 minutes ago, Yinyangfooey said:

Also, people say your stats glitch if you're not the host of the game....just to clarify hosting a game means creating a Game Room and waiting for 5 people to come in right?

Yes, exactly. To avoid the risk that the online part glitch on you, always be a host = you create the Game Room.

18 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

Yes, you don't need to start advancing the clock until you've won once. That counts as Day 1. 

It's a really old game. Chances of having five people pop in and stick around long enough to start a match, are extremely slim. Playing in split screen would cut the required number down to 4, but still, highly unlikely you'd even get that many at one time. Why many choose to boost. That, and it's usually faster/easier.

One online trophy can not be earned before playing the single player portion, by the way. An online car (required for 50 kills with every vehicle) is only unlocked after beating the game on Twisted difficulty with gold medals on every level. 

Thinking of buying this game to obtain the platinum before the server shut down. So you can use 2 controllers to boost online trophies with yourself?

11 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

And you need to be a pro or have an online pass with that..

Enough information on the forums but:

- Win while you are host, makes easier to take turns imo and you are 100% in the safe. What did happen to me and many others that wins with team mates of the host also got a win... easy count when you are not host IF it registered. Also you should be the one to farm kills when host. Also always go for wins and not kills. If you kill every win you will easily get it before having all wins.

- You need to get a gold medal with all campaign tracks on the hardest difficulty to unlock the last car. An easy way to do this is to have the physical version and the online pass. So you can activate the infinity ammo glitch. Another thing is just to be pro, but hey thats difficult as well seeing the time frame... But another thing is that the online pass is gone

- use the perma ks 3 + 4 upgrades when available. ks3 makes you have mega gun bullets after having 3 kills without dying. Will make killing a lot faster. ks 4 will give you x2 missiles. Making the hard to farm power missiles (low spawnrate) being a grind at best.

- Create a gaming session and find dedicated people that can help you. We had a group back in the day, but I already left that, so I cant help you with that...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BrettyBoy said:

Thinking of buying this game to obtain the platinum before the server shut down. So you can use 2 controllers to boost online trophies with yourself?

You need 6 to start a match. Split screen just cuts the required number in half. There's also the thing Bumperklever mentioned. With the online pass being delisted, you'd have to find a new, sealed copy or luck out with an unused code from a preowned one. Otherwise, it's beating the game on Twisted difficulty without the glitch, which would be really hard..

• Like 1

Hi everyone, thanks for giving me tips! I have a few follow up questions

1. So yes, I bought a copy of the game, but it doesn't have the online pass. As a result, I had to buy it again digitally. I read about the ammo glitch, can I save the gold medal car for last? As in, can I get every other online trophy (digitally), then play the campaign to get that last car (physically), then get that trophy that requires that gold medal car (digitally)?

2. Following up above, I have both the physical copy and the digital copy. Can I not switch between both? I feel like there would be a problem with the game's save data though...

3. Is there a dedicated boosting group? I'm looking at some threads with people looking to boost and they're about a month old...if you would be able to point me in the right direction, that'd be great.

So I decided to get buy a new sealed copy of the game off Ebay...now I have 3 copies of this game lol (2 physical, 1 digital). 

I guess I'll just play the game regularly now on my first physical copy, then after I'm done just use the online pass from the second copy (sealed), and then hopefully that progress carries over to the online part.

1. From what I understand, you have to go online with the physical copy to unlock the car. Saves are different for physical/digital, so going online with the digital version won't do any good (unless you beat the game on Twisted with it).

2. And because of what I stated above, you want to pick one version and stick with it. 

3. Boosting theads aren't allowed here, since they want to you to create or join gaming sessions. Should see a link for those at the top of the page.

51 minutes ago, Yinyangfooey said:

So I just realized...I have no idea how to play this game lol. I'm on Twisted difficulty and I can't even get past the first level. I'm using the Sweet Tooth cars. Any tips? Or do you get better gear and vehicles by playing normal first?

Do you have the unlimited ammo glitch? I'd usually just spam Sweet Tooth's special. Tracks enemies and goes though walls. It still can be pretty tough at times, though. Especially, if you're not used to the controls. Always felt they were a bit odd. Changing them in the options to a set-up you may be more comfortable with might help (I used the Racing controls).

7 minutes ago, Kasper2005M said:

should i buy this game? how hard is the plat

Depends on if you use the glitch. Without it, it will be very, very hard. With it, not a walk in the park, but a lot more doable.

12 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

Do you have the unlimited ammo glitch? I'd usually just spam Sweet Tooth's special. Tracks enemies and goes though walls. It still can be pretty tough at times, though. Especially, if you're not used to the controls. Always felt they were a bit odd. Changing them in the options to a set-up you may be more comfortable with might help (I used the Racing controls).

Actually, just got the glitch to work! Also the controls took a bit to get used to, but I changed it to Racing and it feels a lot more natural now. 

Now on the racing ones, I'm a bit confused on what I should do. Should I get first place? Or should I destroy every car? I see a placement tracker on the left, but the objective says to destroy all cars. And other threads have been saying to use Kamikaze or Crimson for races, but I only have Kamikaze so I use that. Should I switch to Sweet Tooth for races if I still need to destroy everyone? Because I keep dying with Kamikaze.

3 minutes ago, Yinyangfooey said:

Now on the racing ones, I'm a bit confused on what I should do. Should I get first place? Or should I destroy every car? I see a placement tracker on the left, but the objective says to destroy all cars. And other threads have been saying to use Kamikaze or Crimson for races, but I only have Kamikaze so I use that. Should I switch to Sweet Tooth for races if I still need to destroy everyone? Because I keep dying with Kamikaze.

Either works. If you can destroy them all, you'll automatically win. The problem with Sweet Tooth will be the other cars being too fast to catch them.. If you can hang back a bit and take them out one by one, that's a lot safer. 

Hey ever

On 11/15/2018 at 8:46 PM, DamagingRob said:

Either works. If you can destroy them all, you'll automatically win. The problem with Sweet Tooth will be the other cars being too fast to catch them.. If you can hang back a bit and take them out one by one, that's a lot safer. 

Hey just a follow p question here, not sure if I'm allowed to ask but:

Would a set up 2 PS3s+4 controllers+2 PS now subs (one on PS4, one on PC) work as a viable 6 player set up to boost?

5 minutes ago, Yinyangfooey said:

Hey just a follow p question here, not sure if I'm allowed to ask but:

Would a set up 2 PS3s+4 controllers+2 PS now subs (one on PS4, one on PC) work as a viable 6 player set up to boost?

What you're describing isn't breaking any rules here, as far as I know. But I'm not really sure.. I haven't played the game with PS Now, so don't know quite how that works.