Sonic Lost World trailer + screenshots

Lady Lilith

http://segabits.com/blog/2013/05/28/sonic-lost-worlds-trailer-debuts/

http://segabits.com/blog/2013/05/28/sonic-lost-world-3ds-screenshots-surface/

28012soniclostworld3dstoprgbv22jpg-50e22

Hey for those of you that want to get Sonic Lost World on the 3DS, the trailer released earlier didn’t show this version. But hey, here are a few of screenshots showing you what to expect from the handheld version. Check it out, tell us what you think.

Also some of them are from the Wii U version. They are are separated in two galleries.

3DS
28016soniclostworld3dstoprgbv26jpg-50e22 28014soniclostworld3dstoprgbv24jpg-30b20 28013soniclostworld3dstoprgbv23jpg-50e22
28012soniclostworld3dstoprgbv22jpg-50e22 28011soniclostworld3dstoprgbv21jpg-50e22
WII U
28017soniclostworldwiiuscreenshots720p12 28018soniclostworldwiiuscreenshots720p12 28019soniclostworldwiiuscreenshots720p12
28020soniclostworldwiiuscreenshots720p12 28021soniclostworldwiiuscreenshots720p12 28022soniclostworldwiiuscreenshots720p12

28023soniclostworldwiiuscreenshots720p12

Trailer reminds me kinda of the Sonic Xtreme beta.

Edited by Sonic
  • Like 1

The pics looks like it trying to bring the old Sonic games back just newly polished. The one thing I don't get about Sega that some games are only for Nintendo while Microsoft and Sony only get multi-plat stuff. Why do it for one company and not the others? 

Because Nintendo paid a huge amount to get the exclusive. When I used to work for Sony that is how it always was, you paid a company for an exclusive and it had to be enough to cover their losses by not making it multiplatform. Other times you pay for timed exclusives like MS does with COD or ME.

What I find really funny is Iwata said they weren't going to buy exclusives and then they go ahead and do it for Monster Hunter and Sonic. The amount Nintendo lied before the Wii-U launch is laughable.

http://wiiudaily.com/2012/06/nintendo-not-interested-in-buying-wii-u-exclusive-titles/

http://segabits.com/blog/2013/05/28/new-sonic-lost-world-information-hits-the-net-and-it-sounds-good/

28019soniclostworldwiiuscreenshots720p12

The guys over at IGN had a huge preview of the upcoming Nintendo exclusive Sonic Lost World. Here are some of the exciting new things to expect in the full game.

• Sonic chases after Eggman, when he discovers a new planet called ‘Lost Hex’ along with a gang of monsters calling themselves the ‘Deadly Six’, which attack animals.
  • Sonic Team is focused on a simple story and are using the Deadly Six to give the game humor.
  • The game will feature both 2D/3D sections. (both on Wii U and 3DS versions)
  • Sonic will be slowed down, moving the joystick in one direction will make him walk. Holding one trigger will make him run and both triggers will make him run at full speed as spindash and feature ‘figure 8 sprint’ Sonic.
  • Boost will not be in the game, replaced with spindash and Sonic’s figure 8 sprint.
  • Colored powers will return along with Whisps from Sonic Colors.
  • Sonic the Hedgehog is the only playable character.
  • Knuckles, Tails and Amy are confirmed to make an appearance.
  • The world featured in the trailer is called ‘Wind Hill’ .
  • The second world not shown yet will be called ‘Desert Ruins’ and will contain cakes, cookies donuts and other variety of candies in the first stage. The second stage will drop the food/sweet theme.
  • Game will feature badniks with animals inside that need to be saved, just like the classic games.
  • Every animal you save in a stage will be added up for a total, which will unlock content when you add them up.
  • Red rings make their return again, if you catch them you unlock more content.
  • Levels will have Gold Canons that will launch you to secret passages.

Well and truly super hyped for this game!! Finally another 3D sonic game! Been ages since generations! (Which was excellent) I know its looking similar to mario Galaxy, but it aint a bad thing! I like how their focusing on speed which is obviously what Sonic should always be about. This looks like a nice fresh start after generations closed off the previous era. 

Id rather have it for the PS3 though.

Ive already pre ordered both versions on shopto...

http://segabits.com/blog/2013/05/29/sonic-lost-world-wii-u-and-3ds-box-art-and-plot-points-revealed/

8878959185_911bdbd71f_o-600x535.jpg

The SEGA Blog has unveiled the box art and revealed more information for the Wii U and 3DS releases of Sonic Lost World. According to the SEGA Blog, the plot is as follows:

Dr. Eggman has harnessed the power of six menacing creatures collectively known as the Deadly Six, but when the Deadly Six rise up against their master, Sonic has to unite with his arch nemesis in order to take on the new enemies head-on. Using his dynamic new parkour moves and improved Color Powers, Sonic must run, jump and race through a variety of ever-changing terrains in order to defeat the Deadly Six.

SEGA also mentions that the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS versions will contain competitive multiplayer modes and “distinctive features that take advantage of the consoles’ unique capabilities”. Like Sonic Colors, both the console and handheld version will have their own exclusive color powers. The Wii U version will be completely playable from the GamePad screen and will feature two player support mode, color powers will be controlled via a variety of ways including tilting and touch screen controls. The 3DS version will feature fully 3D levels, exclusive special stages, and the aforementioned exclusive color powers.

So, Sonic and Eggman team up? Reminds me of Sonic Adventure 2. After the break, check out the Wii U box art. UPDATE: Also after the break, a full press release featuring a few new details including a gadget building mode that allows players to share content between the Wii U and 3DS versions.

8878958973_a310a0823a_o-426x600.jpg

style="vertical-align: baseline; font-family: inherit; font-style: inherit; border: 0px none; outline: 0px; padding: 0px; margin-top: 15px; margin-bottom: 15px;">Rise Against The Deadly Six

Platforms

Wii U™, Nintendo 3DS™

When the Deadly Six threaten to destroy his world, Sonic’s new moves and power-ups are the only way to defeat them before it’s too late!

In his latest plot to defeat Sonic and rule the world, Dr. Eggman has harnessed the power of six menacing creatures known as the Deadly Six. However, when the Deadly Six rise up against their new master, Sonic must unite with his arch nemesis Eggman and explore the mystical Lost Hex in order to take them on head-to-head. Use Sonic’s amazing new moves and incredible Color Powers to speed across a variety of unique terrains, racing inside, outside and upside down in every level.

NEW MOVES

Sonic moves like never before. Vault over obstacles, free run up and along walls, and sky dive between islands at lightning speed. Plus the Spin Dash is back!

COLOR POWERS

New and improved Color Powers. Sonic can now fly through the air, tear up levels and explode into enemies. He’s more powerful than ever!

NEW WORLD

Speed through a variety of exhilarating levels. Explore massive mind-bending courses, vast underground tunnels and colossal structures in the sky as you run inside, outside and upside down.

BOSS BATTLES

Save the world one fight at a time. Take on each of the devious Deadly Six in dynamic boss battles which test all of Sonic’s moves and power-ups.

MULTIPLAYER

Race friends in high speed multiplayer races. Take them down across a range of ultra-competitive levels and modes – it’s the ultimate supersonic showdown!

Wii U EXCLUSIVE FEATURES:

Wield the Wii U GamePad to execute exclusive Color Powers – tilt, touch, aim and more.

Someone wants to watch TV? No problem! Play the full game using only the Wii U GamePad screen.

Share and charge up items by sending them into the Miiverse to share with players around the world.

Play together. Have a friend pilot radio controlled gadgets to help Sonic by destroying enemies and obstacles.

Race against a friend as you play on the Wii U GamePad screen and they play on the TV.

NINTENDO 3DS EXCLUSIVE FEATURES:

The first handheld Sonic game ever to feature fully realized 3D levels.

Unleash Color Powers exclusive to the Nintendo 3DS version.

Exclusive Special Stages! Tilt using the Motion Sensor to navigate hair-raising levels and obtain the elusive Chaos Emeralds.

Create and customize radio controlled gadgets to help Sonic.

Race against friends through local and online game modes.

PLUS: Share your gadgets between the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS versions.

Am I the only one that felt a "Mario Galaxy" vibe from this? (Loved that game)

I hope Sega finally got it right with Sonic since generations, makes me want to get WiiU/3DS one day soon. :P

I definitely got a Galaxy vibe as well and in fact I believe the developers were trying for that. I enjoyed the Galaxy games but since I'm a much bigger fan of Sonic I think this has the potential to be better than both games.

Parker

• Like 1

Loving the boxart!

I definitely got a Galaxy vibe as well and in fact I believe the developers were trying for that. I enjoyed the Galaxy games but since I'm a much bigger fan of Sonic I think this has the potential to be better than both games.

Parker

Agreed.