Valkyrie Queen

Veris-Luna

This 40% achievement rate is misleading.  I have tried for 2 effing days to beat this heffer.  There is no way this can be done.  I have full upgraded gear, weapons, runes, and can only get her to 1/3 down.  Im about to throw thiis effing controller though a damn window.  

12 minutes ago, Veris-Luna said:

This 40% achievement rate is misleading.  I have tried for 2 effing days to beat this heffer.  There is no way this can be done.  I have full upgraded gear, weapons, runes, and can only get her to 1/3 down.  Im about to throw thiis effing controller though a damn window.  

What's your difficulty level? Anything but easy means very hard time with this boss.

15 minutes ago, dimonemt said:

What's your difficulty level? Anything but easy means very hard time with this boss.

I was playing normal till I got too her.  Tried it once and got destroyed.  Brought it down to easy and get her close.  Ive watched the videos, just cant get her to go down.  just frustrating,  Love this game, but this boss fight just doesnt seem right to me.

yeah this boss fight is effed up. even on easy mode, it took me about 30-40 tries just to develop a good pattern on dodging and weaving and performing good combos with Atreus’ lightning arrows combined and spamming Runic attacks when she is vulnerable on top of using Spartan Rage only when close to death. using a resurrection stone with full spartan rage when resurrected helped alot too. practice and patience will be rewarded......especially if you are *this* close to throwing your DualShock 4 at the TV like i almost did lmao

• Like 1

I used Talisman of the Realms to slow down time and then went with Rampage of the Furies light runic attack followed by Fire of Ares heavy runic attack for Blades of Chaos. For axe i used Njord's Tempest light runic attack and Frost giant's Frenzy heavy runic attack. Have gear that gives you more rage per hit such as Brok's Royal Dwarven Breastplate with Raging Fury perk. Use Legendary Runic Vestment armor for Atreus which will give you chance for lifestones during the fight as well as increased lifestone potency. For resurrection stone pick one that revives you with full rage so you can regenerate your health while bringing her health bar down, if she attacks you during rage, stomp her, when she moves back, throw rock at her. It took me many tries, but eventually i've managed to beat her on normal. Good luck.

Edited by dimonemt
  • Like 1

Even on story mode it's still not "totally easy" however you can spam her to death. I had one of those revive stones that made you enraged after being brought back or gave you the meter or whatever, so I got two times to wail on her that way (obviously start the battle with it full). Plus spammed my abilities on cool down. Forget which ones, I do know I used those wolves for Boi.

She's the only one that isn't easy to just come back to later, you just have to do it. Like the one in the Mountains or on the Volcano are hard if you get there with crap equipment, but coming back it's not hard at all. But the Queen is just a bear no matter what you do. But you can spam her to death, Im' bad at the game. I literally had problems just playing normally on Story Mode... yet I beat her. So you can do it~

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Elvick_ said:

Even on story mode it's still not "totally easy" however you can spam her to death. I had one of those revive stones that made you enraged after being brought back or gave you the meter or whatever, so I got two times to wail on her that way (obviously start the battle with it full). Plus spammed my abilities on cool down. Forget which ones, I do know I used those wolves for Boi.

She's the only one that isn't easy to just come back to later, you just have to do it. Like the one in the Mountains or on the Volcano are hard if you get there with crap equipment, but coming back it's not hard at all. But the Queen is just a bear no matter what you do. But you can spam her to death, Im' bad at the game. I literally had problems just playing normally on Story Mode... yet I beat her. So you can do it~

Same here about the stones, I think I had the same rage stone, I would fall, had the boy use the stone to bring me back with rage meter and use it against her, especially when I would get close to beating her.

I was like others, tried her on normal, didn't work, so bought the difficulty down.  Granted, I also think I did that earlier in the game too for the mist area (been a while since I've played the game, so I don't quite recall what happened).

The thing that really irrates me with all of the Valkries is the more you take down their health the less damage you do when you're using the same attacks if that makes sense. For example with this video, when you activated the rage and got her health down to nothing, she wasn't in the defeated pose, which when finishing off rage you had to hit her even more though her health had already depleted to 0? Seems silly to me

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ZachBoardyHD said:

The thing that really irrates me with all of the Valkries is the more you take down their health the less damage you do when you're using the same attacks if that makes sense. For example with this video, when you activated the rage and got her health down to nothing, she wasn't in the defeated pose, which when finishing off rage you had to hit her even more though her health had already depleted to 0? Seems silly to me

yes it was infuriating.  I hate this queen with all passion. It also felt from watching previous videos on web that she was slower then too.  I want to say she is def nerfed somehow.  Im just glad its finished, but not looking for the next crazy queen in the sequel though.

I was hard headed about the Valkyrie Queen. I had played the whole game on Hard and I was determined to beat her on the same difficulty. It took me 200+ attempts, but I finally (FINALLY) beat her. The best advice I can give is... choose your moments. If you try to spam her while she is in an attack you will get hit. On Hard, 3 hits and you're done. Every time she goes airborne throw the axe to knock her down. Use arrows to your advantage and wait to use rage till the end. You have to learn to dodge every move. Memorize and you'll make it. It's hard as hell, but rewarding when you finally conquer her.