Server Closing - WKC and WKCII

White Knight Chronicles and White Knight Chronicles II servers are projected to close June 18th 2013.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/03/21/white-knight-chronicles-1-and-2-servers-shutting-down-in-june/

I have been debating on whether to try and complete WKC since time is limited so thought I would throw an invitation out there. Is anyone interested in bullrushing to see what trophies we can finish before that day? If so please let me know. ;)

You know, I never got around to playing these games. How were/are they? And are they online only?

edit: And I'm not interested in trophies when I ask if they are online only..

Edited by Myers
  • Like 1

You know, I never got around to playing these games. How were/are they? And are they online only?

It isn't online only but it will be near impossible to get them offline. If you haven't started yet then you have no chance of getting the platinum before the 18th.

The single-player/offline experience in either game isn't worth the purchase price.... and I'd say that if the purchase price were $20.  The story is lackluster, the characters are flat and one-dimensional, and the single-player gameplay is mediocre at best.

As for the online experience, it varies and it depends a fair amount on how much grinding and MMORPG you can stomach.

• Like 1

It isn't online only but it will be near impossible to get them offline. If you haven't started yet then you have no chance of getting the platinum before the 18th.

Judging by the 100% Club the most real time of completing this game is 2 weeks plus. Is that possible or is that fake as well?

https://psnprofiles.com/100-club/107-White-Knight-Chronicles

Edited by The Green Ranger

Judging by the 100% Club the most real time of completing this game is 2 weeks plus. Is that possible or is that fake as well?

https://psnprofiles.com/100-club/107-White-Knight-Chronicles

The game takes about 500 hours. to complete. You will need to find yourself some really good partners as well to get the higher S ranks. On top of that it is a lot of grinding to get to the higher Guild Ranks. I was at about 100 hours and didn't even make it to 8 rank yet (and you need to be at 12)

The game takes about 500 hours. to complete. You will need to find yourself some really good partners as well to get the higher S ranks. On top of that it is a lot of grinding to get to the higher Guild Ranks. I was at about 100 hours and didn't even make it to 8 rank yet (and you need to be at 12)

I take then people are hacking. Is it just a boring game?

Edited by The Green Ranger

I take then people are hacking. Is it just a boring game?

It isn't boring (I actually really liked the single player) but the problem is you have to grind the same stupid quests over and over to get enough exp and gr to play new quests. It is the grinding that makes this game a bore and it is what made me give up my quest for the platinum.

Now you can do the grinding offline but the problem is trying to S rank the harder quests by yourself is pretty much impossible as the bosses are just too tough (they are meant to be played with 4 players) so basically you have 19 days to beat the game twice (which isn't hard) and then grind your way up to GR12 (which takes a LONG time) and grind yourself to rebirth 4 times (which also takes a LONG time).

Once you S rank 50 quests and get to GR12 and rebirthed 4 times you have to keep grinding hard quests to get enough items and money to bind enough items.

Essentially the whole platinum is just one huge grind fest and it is a shame because that ruined a very fun RPG.

The single-player/offline experience in either game isn't worth the purchase price.... and I'd say that if the purchase price were $20.  The story is lackluster, the characters are flat and one-dimensional, and the single-player gameplay is mediocre at best.

As for the online experience, it varies and it depends a fair amount on how much grinding and MMORPG you can stomach.

Thanks, this was the answer I was looking for. If it was worth the story I'd be interested in playing it.

It isn't boring (I actually really liked the single player) but the problem is you have to grind the same stupid quests over and over to get enough exp and gr to play new quests. It is the grinding that makes this game a bore and it is what made me give up my quest for the platinum.

Now you can do the grinding offline but the problem is trying to S rank the harder quests by yourself is pretty much impossible as the bosses are just too tough (they are meant to be played with 4 players) so basically you have 19 days to beat the game twice (which isn't hard) and then grind your way up to GR12 (which takes a LONG time) and grind yourself to rebirth 4 times (which also takes a LONG time).

Once you S rank 50 quests and get to GR12 and rebirthed 4 times you have to keep grinding hard quests to get enough items and money to bind enough items.

Essentially the whole platinum is just one huge grind fest and it is a shame because that ruined a very fun RPG.

Thank you for the clear up about this game. When I asked people about it, they said it was too boring for them to complete and the grind may be the reason. I would say only the hardcore of JRPG or RPG fan could complete by themselves and that could take a long time. 

Thank you for the clear up about this game. When I asked people about it, they said it was too boring for them to complete and the grind may be the reason. I would say only the hardcore of JRPG or RPG fan could complete by themselves and that could take a long time. 

That's if they have access to the DLC quests (that are only unlock after login the 1st  time to the server), but ya, it would take forever to get the plat alone.

With a group of 3 or 4 persons getting to GR12 it's quite easy, if they have decent gear, since me and my current group of 4 did Big Red 2 to get from GR10 to 11 and were able to get about 3 millions in 12 or 13 hours, and then again 6 millions in about the same time with just 3 persons on Big Red 3.

I'm currently trying to get the remaining binds for the 450, as of now, I have 211, and if I use all the gold I have to bind, I can get 24 more binds done, as well as 8 extra binds from the glasses (just need to grind Diamond and Mithril), so just need to grind quests for the few items I need to make the last 7 binds.

My only problem is that I did to much binds, and now I only have 2.7 million gold, so I still have a big grind for gold ahead of myself... and my current play time it's at almost 450 hours, at this rate I may spend less time to Plat this then I did to play Star Ocean 4 :lol:

• Like 1

When I get back to the states i will probly get back into wkc2 since it is plat able (legitly since you can rebirth your story characters and take them on quest with you)

How ever wkc1 if you dont have the plat by then you can kiss the plat goodbye on cause with out help from others online you may never see it. Unless you are super luck and play as a spear. But even then it will be really hard and I am pretty sure impossable.

If the Japan servers dont shut down I will probly import a copy of that

Edit: RIP WKC you were fun while you lasted

Edited by griffthedragoon