This platinum just got MUCH HARDER!

You

I posted this in the guide section, however, it's now no longer to use modifiers to help get you S ranks for 15 levels on HARD or EXPERT.

Due to a bug, it was possible to slow down the song and remove all obstacles without affecting your rank.

Now if you choose to slow down the song your max rank is an A, so you can't play the song on slow anymore. This has been patched in when adding new songs, if you haven't downloaded the patch yet, don't let your PS4 near the Internet until you get those 2 trophes!

The only "easy" way to get an S rank on songs now, is to play on no note mode and use the disappearing notes and battery that allows you to die in 4 hits.

Alternately you CAN play on slow mode but you must equip disappearing notes and insta fail....

As with PS4 games you can't roll back patches, so if you already downloaded the patched and installed, bad luck for you (and me)

You sure about that? How do you do this?

Back when camping spots were patched out of Killing Force 2, and an extra hard difficulty added to Mortal Blitz. It was impossible and nobody ever spoke of just rolling back.

Unlike VIta and PS3 where the installer file and downloads are separate. PS4 games download the latest version automatically.

This game is a digital only game, unlike a disc where you could install back to v1.0

Edited by enaysoft

I just deleted the game, redownloaded, one file installed, whipped out the Internet cable when it was at 100% incase it was installing patches, however booted up and it's still the 1.04 version.

12 minutes ago, IDiivil said:

It's a pretty recent development. Basically you find the patch files, then set up a computer so it fools the PS4 into thinking it's the Sony update server.

That sounds complicated and doesn't sound very safe. So you're saying this is something you can't do legimately on your PS4 then..

The new patch adds new songs which will make your save data larger, pretty sure running an older version might corrupt your save data.

Edited by enaysoft

1 hour ago, Armored Squirrel said:

Dont care what others do but just curious if this isnt against tos? Pretty sure i read somewhere that circumventing the network is a breach against sonys tos.

i personally wouldnt risk my account for something like that. Are people really that lazy to put in the time and effort for a platinum trophy?

Edited by UlvenFenrir

2 hours ago, UlvenFenrir said:

Dont care what others do but just curious if this isnt against tos? Pretty sure i read somewhere that circumventing the network is a breach against sonys tos.

i personally wouldnt risk my account for something like that. Are people really that lazy to put in the time and effort for a platinum trophy?

I don't know much about the game, just tryna help out. As far as I see it, these were prior updates, and couldn't been installed already before the 1.04 patch. You're not pirating, you're just going back to an earlier patch, which Sony shouldn't have much issue with, since these patches are legitimate. 

• Like 1

I searched and couldn't find anything either. Suffice to say that this can't be considered something legitimate, it's borderline cheating although technically not.

Besides even if you did manage to roll back, that's a long time you need to have your PS4 offline and since the devs have promised free music for the foreseeable future that's a whole lot of content you miss out on. At any rate, the guide needs updating.

9 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

I searched and couldn't find anything either. Suffice to say that this can't be considered something legitimate, it's borderline cheating although technically not.

Besides even if you did manage to roll back, that's a long time you need to have your PS4 offline and since the devs have promised free music for the foreseeable future that's a whole lot of content you miss out on. At any rate, the guide needs updating.

I mean you only have to be offline till you reach the plat, no? It's not cheating, considering you're using legitimate patches given by the developers. It'd be cheating to use someone else's save. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 14/01/2019 at 4:10 PM, Asmund89 said:

I can full combo every song on expert.....but i have yet to get a damn SS rank its pretty bullshit.

I had a little trouble myself going for the SS ranks as I was learning to play.

I personally found that the song "I Need You" with the biggest, full swing I could do made a great difference and gave me a SS rank.

I got the game at xmas, so didn't experience this easy version. I enjoy actually earning the trophies and not looking for an easier way. Gives the trophy more meaning. I worked damn hard for the SS one and currently working on 15 expert full combo, half way there. (I don't use modifiers).