Online pass code

Exairesi

So I wanted to get this plat before the servers close. so I purchased a sealed copy for the online pass and my code didn't work (as stated with other threads the code expired) so I put in a ticket with sony, got THREE emails saying they had not forgotten about me over the course of 3+ weeks, they finally got back to me and said they could not generate a code and they gave me $10 instead. That is unreal to me … I am newish to playstation and thought I read somewhere that there is an ability to share stuff with friends and you can do that with the online pass? is this possible? I plan on calling Sony in the morning but I'm just trying to figure out my options

21 minutes ago, Milktastrophe said:

If you have a PS4 or PC, I believe Twisted Metal is on PS Now. That version should include the online pass. You can use PS Plus to backup your save to the cloud and download it to the PS Now version so you don't lose your progress.

can anyone confirm this?

The PSN version of Twisted Metal has a different save file from the disc version, so the PS Now version would not work with the disc version's save file. Also, you can only use one controller with the PS Now version, making it less than ideal for online, since you would need even more people to start the lobby (or use another PS Now on another system/computer) and would need someone for many of the other trophies which you would otherwise be able to do alone with two controllers.

However, as noted in the post You do NOT need an online pass to transfer Warthog from physical to digital! it is possible to unlock the Warthog in the digital version after you get it unlocked with the disc version, and the digital version on your system would allow you to use two controllers, making the versus trophies easier. My suggestion is to use the $10 voucher they gave you and buy the digital edition of the game which is currently $9.99 (it was free for PS+ subscribers a few years ago, but since you wrote you were newish to PlayStation, you probably don't have it).

Edited by pasufarin

5 hours ago, pasufarin said:

The PSN version of Twisted Metal has a different save file from the disc version, so the PS Now version would not work with the disc version's save file. Also, you can only use one controller with the PS Now version, making it less than ideal for online, since you would need even more people to start the lobby (or use another PS Now on another system/computer) and would need someone for many of the other trophies which you would otherwise be able to do alone with two controllers.

However, as noted in the post You do NOT need an online pass to transfer Warthog from physical to digital! it is possible to unlock the Warthog in the digital version after you get it unlocked with the disc version, and the digital version on your system would allow you to use two controllers, making the versus trophies easier. My suggestion is to use the $10 voucher they gave you and buy the digital edition of the game which is currently $9.99 (it was free for PS+ subscribers a few years ago, but since you wrote you were newish to PlayStation, you probably don't have it).

does the digital edition of the game come with the online code?

I just want o be as clear as possible, if I buy the online/digital version of twisted metal I can play online and get all the online trophies

Edited by Exairesi

10 hours ago, Exairesi said:

I just want o be as clear as possible, if I buy the online/digital version of twisted metal I can play online and get all the online trophies

Yes, if you buy the digital version of Twisted Metal from the PSN store, then you will be able to play online and get all the online trophies. It does not require an online pass (it effectively has its own online pass built in). As Radikali wrote, just download, launch the digital version, and you can go to online multiplayer without any other download needed.

Edited by pasufarin

15 hours ago, pasufarin said:

Also, you can only use one controller with the PS Now version

Where'd you get this? I've used multiple controllers on multiple games using PS Now, Cars 2 for example. Why would it be different for this one game?

Edited by Elvick_

54 minutes ago, Elvick_ said:

Where'd you get this? I've used multiple controllers on multiple games using PS Now, Cars 2 for example. Why would it be different for this one game?

It's the online he's referring to. Have to sign in on 2 different PSN accounts to play online splitscreen, which I guess isn't possible with PS Now. Offline multiplayer is probably possible. 

17 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

It's the online he's referring to. Have to sign in on 2 different PSN accounts to play online splitscreen, which I guess isn't possible with PS Now. Offline multiplayer is probably possible. 

It is possible with PS Now to play with multiple users, even guest users. They don't need to all have PS Now. The only thing you can't do is use a single controller to log in as multiple users, ie- you need multiple controllers for multiplayer. You can even use your Vita as an extra controller using PS4 remote play.

I'm skeptical about this statement that you can't play with multiple controllers only through PS Now, but magically can on a PS3.

28 minutes ago, Milktastrophe said:

It is possible with PS Now to play with multiple users, even guest users. They don't need to all have PS Now. The only thing you can't do is use a single controller to log in as multiple users, ie- you need multiple controllers for multiplayer. You can even use your Vita as an extra controller using PS4 remote play.

I'm skeptical about this statement that you can't play with multiple controllers only through PS Now, but magically can on a PS3.

Well, I have done this recently with a game I played with a trial (SkyScrappers). I've just heard it doesn't work for this game, but I'm not sure why. I fired it up on an alt, and I don't see any way to log in the other account. Even with it logged in on the PS4, it shows the second controller as not signed in in-game.

Edited by DamagingRob

23 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

For most PS Now games, you are indeed correct that multiple controllers can be used (either online or offline/local). However, this game for ranked online multiplayer only allows for a second user on the same PS3 "system" (as shown on the far left icon of the PS3 XMB) to sign in to the associated PSN account, and unfortunately PS Now does not support the method which it uses.

• Like 1