Rollercoaster Tycoon 4?

AnRoDr

Just came across this little article:

There currently is no RCT4 game in development that we know of but the future of the series just got intensely more interesting as Atari has announced they are selling the  RollerCoaster Tycoon franchise. Atari Inc. filed for bankruptcy protection in January and now plans to sell its brands on a franchise-by-franchise basis during auctions beginning next month. The minimum bid for the RollerCoaster Tycoon franchise is set at $3.5 million.rollercoaster_tycoon_future.png

Questions remain to be answered. Will a new company revive RollerCoaster Tycoon and return the game to its former glory by finally giving us the long awaited RCT4? Or will a new company turn the series into the next Farmville by making it available on every mobile device? Or is the series simply dead and we’ll never get another RCT game?

This news makes me cautiously optimistic for RCT4. Still, even if the brand is purchased in July and the buyer begins developing a new game, we’re still probably a year or two away from RollerCoaster Tycoon 4 being released. At least we still have Theme Park Studio to look forward to (which did receive full funding on Kickstarter).

Who do you think the most likely RollerCoaster Tycoon buyer is? Who would be the most capable? Share your thoughts below!

Got my hopes up again for a 4th game in the franchise ... 

I absolutely adored the original Roller Coaster Tycoon and I bought the third one on Steam but never could get into it. I think it was because I was so used to the mechanics of the original and I never put the time in to learn how the third one is supposed to be played. 

Parker

This kind of game was always fun, but I always prefered the bullfrog games series (theme park, theme hospital, etc) they had a certain kind of humour which I really enjoyed.

I really miss games like this on ps3.

I remember i played theme park,theme hospital and simcity on ps1 so its not like it cant be done on a console.

Also spent way to many hours on all the rollercoaster tycoons on pc :ninja:

I hope Rollercoaster Tycoon gets a new game,if they can make it on ps4 that would be sweet :holy:

Edited by tw34kfr34ky

If they do make a RCT4 I hope it goes back to the style of 1 & 2 (was never a fan of 3) as they were ace. I spent hours making my own park on 2, and still do as I brought 2 from Good Old Games.

Also I think that Theme Park Studio looks pretty basic and bad compared to RCT and the older Theme Park titles.

• 1 month later...

I love RCT3 and I would love it if RCT4 comes out :wub: I do actually have RTC3 install on my laptop!!!

I do indeed remember theme park, theme park world and theme hospital for my ps1,

If I remember the cheat was bovine???? :rolleyes: