CHOSEN CHAMPION?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Who will take home the champion crown?

• Dragon-Archon
    • Fabiansc83
    • Jemmie
    • Kevvik
    • Kingofbattle8174
    • Ladynadiad
    • Leon Castle
    • Sealightbreeze
    • Warped Savior
    • xZoneHunter

29 minutes ago, Leon Castle said:

Now that I think about it, Then's the end date for this mania? I know it was 2020, but which month? January or February?

We started February 1st 2019 at midnight GMT.  So to me the most sensible end time would be January 31st at 11:59pm GMT.  Obviously there would be some grace period to get trophies synced and report completed games, probably a few days to a week.

• Like 1

Got the Ao no Kiseki plat today, which also is my 100th plat and the last game in the Trails/Kiseki series that I didn't have a plat/100% somewhere.  It's my third plat from the series during this event so that's a 1.0 bonus.  That made a total of 294.44 and put me back to 2nd place and just under 5k points.

Working on CS3 and probably will be back within a week with that plat since all I have left is a quickie nightmare run whole getting all the treasure chests.

• Like 3

Next one finished, Call of Cthulhu, more of an adventure game but with light RPG stat elements trying to simulate the classic P+P RPG by Chaosium

100 + 68 (6+28+34) - 23.90 = 144.10 points

People are closing in on me, not sure how much longer I'm going to be able to stay ahead here.  Might have peaked too early as they say...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kevvik said:

People are closing in on me, not sure how much longer I'm going to be able to stay ahead here.  Might have peaked too early as they say...

I have my guesses.  Honestly with how things are going now not sure how long anyone is going to be able to retain a lead.  There are still people who need to finish up double and triple point games.

Got the platinum for Atelier Ryza today, it’s the second Atelier platinum I got in the event so that’s a beast mode bonus of 0.5. I’m assuming there’s a new game bonus as well considering the NA release date was recent.

The points should be:

100+70-29.71-0=140.29

140.29*2.0=280.58 points

• Like 2

On 11/11/2019 at 9:08 PM, Warpedsavior said:

Got the platinum for Atelier Ryza today, it’s the second Atelier platinum I got in the event so that’s a beast mode bonus of 0.5. I’m assuming there’s a new game bonus as well considering the NA release date was recent.

The points should be:

100+70-29.71-0=140.29

140.29*2.0=280.58 points

Yes, it would count as new release as well and that puts you up to 3rd place.

Also a no change in ranking update for me.  Finished up SwapQuest which is marked as an RPG on here.  Rarity is 36.14% and it's worth a total of 133.86 points.  Hopefully will also finish up CS3 tonight which may put me up to first place.

Update the second, finished up Trails of Cold Steel III which was my second double points game.  Since it's also the 4th game in the series I've completed during the event it also gets me a 1.50 beast mode bonus and still qualifies for the new release bonus since it came out on the 22nd of October.  That nets me a total of 800.70 points, and finally knocking Kevvik out of first place for now at least.

Update the third.  Just finished up Asdivine Kamura.  That also gets a 1.5 beast mode bonus and a 0.5 new release bonus.  It has a 56.52% rarity and ended up being worth 337.44 points, putting me above 6000 points.

Edited by ladynadiad
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Next game complete, Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed

100 + 70 (36+12+22) - 24.75 = 145.25 x 4 (1 base + 2 LP + 1 BM) = 581.00 points

Haven't really been able to focus on much this month, always been on the go RL wise but this worked for just sitting in the car or waiting during appointments. Laid up in bed it was nice as well because I didn't really have to pay much attention.  Console stuff has been really neglected though.

• Like 2

On 11/20/2019 at 6:48 PM, Kevvik said:

Next game complete, Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed

100 + 70 (36+12+22) - 24.75 = 145.25 x 4 (1 base + 2 LP + 1 BM) = 581.00 points

Haven't really been able to focus on much this month, always been on the go RL wise but this worked for just sitting in the car or waiting during appointments. Laid up in bed it was nice as well because I didn't really have to pay much attention.  Console stuff has been really neglected though.

That does put you back into first place for now and above 6000 points as well.  It's less than 100 points in the lead so it's still an intense battle for first.

Update: Finished up Cosmic Star Heroine for another 136.18 points, which puts me back to first for now.

Edited by ladynadiad
  • Like 2

Now that the 2rd journey in ALO is over, It's time for a little break before I start Mary Skelter 2 (PS4 JP and Switch West)

Accel World vs. Sword Art Online: Millennium Twilight

b3d860b20cbc93ae2419250777dab13215747972

A crossover between SAO and AW and somewhat a gaiden to Lost Song. While the version of SAO that is used is the Gameverse instead of "Canon" but Don't know about what version of AW was used but at least it's WAY past the Anime but not as long as the movie was. The game was fun up until the "True Grind" started but I was glad I saved "You Said It, Miss Strea!" for after the grind. Favorite ost/OP: Luna Haruna x Kotoko

Waifu and Platinum screenshot

Spoiler

b7791ab80e4f8d7f57a920e92a5f70c615747137

The rarity is 6.95% and it's the 3rd SAO game I cleared this year(and it's most likely the last for this year)

Now I gotta... if I say it I most likely won't do I what planned, so let's see where the flow goes.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

It really does seem to be me and Kevvik just swapping spots right now.  Just took back the first place with Wizards of Brandel.  It was a new release and had 57.89% rarity.  Ended up being 168.17 points.

Closing in on that Omega Quintet platinum though.  All I have left is finishing up the training facility (just hit floor 12), quests/archives, and approval grinding.  Then grinding for monster kills if by some weird chance I didn't hit 10k before I finish approval grinding.

• Like 2

Finished Smoke and Sacrifice so I've managed to jockey back in front before @ladynadiad finishes Omega Quintet and leaps way out in front.

100 + 67 (24+26+17) - 13.43 = 153.57 points

In the last month or so, RL hasn't been kind to me having productive console time barring the odd burst here and there. Handheld time has been more available to me so I'm changing my double point game. I'll hopefully still finish Hollow Fragment before the end of the event but I know the timesink might be higher than time allows.

Hence, I will switch my double game to Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 as I have no previous swaps. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Kevvik said:

Finished Smoke and Sacrifice so I've managed to jockey back in front before @ladynadiad finishes Omega Quintet and leaps way out in front.

100 + 67 (24+26+17) - 13.43 = 153.57 points

In the last month or so, RL hasn't been kind to me having productive console time barring the odd burst here and there. Handheld time has been more available to me so I'm changing my double point game. I'll hopefully still finish Hollow Fragment before the end of the event but I know the timesink might be higher than time allows.

Hence, I will switch my double game to Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 as I have no previous swaps. 

Noted the change, but I'm having some trouble with getting it to apply to the double column in general.  I did get it in there for the next few spots so hopefully that will suffice.  Just in case be sure to remind me when you finish that one so I can double check that it shows the bonus right.

Enjoy it while you got it though, only have one floor on the training facility, one billion approval and MAD kills left along with finding whatever archives I'm missing.  I got the missables, so I'm hoping the last ones are on floor 13 or else I get to go dowsing all over the place.  I'm at 350 million approval and 6500 MAD kills.

Though I do get handhelds being easier to play.  That's why a lot of my plats are games that have Vita versions and my overall Vita backlog is much smaller.  Have fun with the end game gold grind in HDN Re;birth 1!  That was definitely tedious and with a Vita game you can't just grab a turbo controller and automate battles.

7 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

Enjoy it while you got it though, only have one floor on the training facility, one billion approval and MAD kills left along with finding whatever archives I'm missing.  I got the missables, so I'm hoping the last ones are on floor 13 or else I get to go dowsing all over the place.  I'm at 350 million approval and 6500 MAD kills.

Though I do get handhelds being easier to play.  That's why a lot of my plats are games that have Vita versions and my overall Vita backlog is much smaller.  Have fun with the end game gold grind in HDN Re;birth 1!  That was definitely tedious and with a Vita game you can't just grab a turbo controller and automate battles.

Yeah, you aren't too far away from finishing.  I ended up doing a bunch of dowsing myself to find the last ones.

I actually don't own a turbo controller so all my grinding, whether on console or handheld, has been painstakingly handcrafted and done the old fashioned way with selfless sacrifice of brain cells. Spotify helps too...

We should both enjoy it. I always have this weird feeling that a dragon is going to show up at some point and drop like 5k worth of points on our heads, leaving us as charred husks on the roadside.

Edited by Kevvik

I admit, I'm kind of wondering what happened to Dragon as well since it's been quite some time since he's come by and dropped a load of finished games, but also haven't seen an earned trophy on his profile since the end of October.  Hope all is well with him.

But as far as archives go, I'm missing the Otoha, Kanadeko and Kyoka reports from the looks of things and that's it.  Still working on getting the jewels to open the way to Double X as well.  Got Total Domination at least and I did get the missable archives, so once I finish dowsing floor 13, I'll have to hit up the other areas because I know I didn't miss any treasure, but may have missed dowsing points.  It's a shame the guide's list fails to include where they are found.

And I admit to using a turbo controller for the affection trophies.  It was easy to set up while I was at work.  A shame approval grinding isn't quite so easy.

Edit: Finished up another game at least while I work on wrapping up Omega Quintet.  Punch Line happens to be listed as an RPG and ended up being worth 105.31 points.

Edited by ladynadiad
  • Like 3

Ended up plating a game that was in my backlog for around 5 years

Genkai Tokki: Monster Monpiece

4a1d1f0d3dd424d855b31dd7cc19a0ec15761774

Too bad this was the only Card Battle RPG with Plat and only Genkai Tokkai that is a Card Battle RPG as I liked the game.

The Trophies Percent was 44% before I got the online trophies, The rarity is 10.92%.

• Like 2

Also finished up London Detective Mysteria, which is marked as an RPG on here.  Rarity was 48.44 which netted a total of 115.56.

Just one trophy left in Omega Quintet now too and I have it killing monsters while I'm at work via my turbo controller so I'll get that last one soon and will add it once the last trophy and plat pop.  Rarity right now is 2.86, will edit if there is any change between now and when it pops.  Will edit with the final total once the plat is mine unless someone else posts first.

Edit: Finished up Omega Quintet and it ended up being a grand total of 996.84 points.  So glad that grind is finally done.

Edited by ladynadiad
  • Like 3

Just got the plat in the Witch and the Hundred Knight 2, mostly because I wanted to wipe out the last game I started and hadn't finished from 2018 and the last of my PS4 incomplete games as well before the year ended.  So glad to have that one out of the way because it wasn't anywhere near as good as the first game.  It ended up being worth only 108.99 points since I was about halfway done with it before this started.

• Like 2