CHOSEN CHAMPION?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Who will take home the champion crown?

• Dragon-Archon
    • Fabiansc83
    • Jemmie
    • Kevvik
    • Kingofbattle8174
    • Ladynadiad
    • Leon Castle
    • Sealightbreeze
    • Warped Savior
    • xZoneHunter

Congrats on getting the Mugen Souls plat and just in time for the end of 2019 too!  With that you're in 3rd with only a few hundred behind Kevvik.

So we got one month left.  The top three folks have a pretty huge lead over everyone and Omega Quintet put me way ahead of Kevvik, but it's still not impossible to surmount.  Plus who knows, someone else may come in and drop a bunch of games they finished over the past few months and hadn't synced yet.

By the way as far as a timezone for ending this, I was thinking of going with pacific time or whatever the latest timezone was for the US folks so everyone can have until the end of January 31st.  I'm on central myself, @Warpedsavior and @Kevvik since I think you two are the only active folks in the US, what timezones are you on?  If all three of us are on central or earlier, then I may just go with central.

No matter what, people will have until the 3rd of February to sync games.  It would be nice if any last minute completions can be reported here, but I'll be checking the profiles of the folks who haven't commented in some time just to make sure there wasn't a missed game not reported and those will be added at the rarity they are at the time I add them.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Psy-Tychist said:

Will this be a new RPG challenge for the new year?

I'm interested if people are also interested.

I'd be interested in participating, but definitely wouldn't want to handle running it again and can say that creating a spreadsheet like the one we have is beyond my skill level. Dragon created most of it, I just handle the data entry.

8 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

So we got one month left.  The top three folks have a pretty huge lead over everyone and Omega Quintet put me way ahead of Kevvik, but it's still not impossible to surmount.  Plus who knows, someone else may come in and drop a bunch of games they finished over the past few months and hadn't synced yet.

By the way as far as a timezone for ending this, I was thinking of going with pacific time or whatever the latest timezone was for the US folks so everyone can have until the end of January 31st.  I'm on central myself, @Warpedsavior and @Kevvik since I think you two are the only active folks in the US, what timezones are you on?  If all three of us are on central or earlier, then I may just go with central.

No matter what, people will have until the 3rd of February to sync games.  It would be nice if any last minute completions can be reported here, but I'll be checking the profiles of the folks who haven't commented in some time just to make sure there wasn't a missed game not reported and those will be added at the rarity they are at the time I add them.

I'm in the Eastern time zone.  Hope everyone had a great year last year and a better one this year!  

Your lead shouldn't be insurmountable if I can get around to playing more than I did during December but we'll see how things go.  It's been a great run and we'll see who finishes strongest.   I've had fun and I hope everyone else has as well.

3 minutes ago, Kevvik said:

I'm in the Eastern time zone.  Hope everyone had a great year last year and a better one this year!  

Your lead shouldn't be insurmountable if I can get around to playing more than I did during December but we'll see how things go.  It's been a great run and we'll see who finishes strongest.   I've had fun and I hope everyone else has as well.

Nah, it's not insurmountable and you still have a double points game left.  I'm honestly shocked at how quickly all those Kemco games added up for me.  I had a blast playing them too and most of my games really.

11 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

Congrats on getting the Mugen Souls plat and just in time for the end of 2019 too!  With that you're in 3rd with only a few hundred behind Kevvik.

Thanks! And my time zone is eastern standard time.

Thanks you two!  I'll go with US Central time on the 31st then for the ending of this then, so it's over as of midnight on the 1st.  That way all of us who have been pretty active have all of the 31st and it looks like I'm on the latest timezone.  Plus for checking things it will be easy for me since my profile is set for US Central.  Also made a countdown timer for you guys:

https://countingdownto.com/?c=2804193

Like Kevvik said, my lead isn't insurmountable and honestly everyone has done well so far!  Good luck to everyone in our last month of this!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ladynadiad said:

Got those added.  @Warpedsavior how did you like Alvastia Chronicles?  I found it pretty fun myself and one of the better Kemco games I played.  Looks like I should see if I can break 8000 points now with you guys closing in on me though!

For me, Alvastia Chronicles turned out to be pretty enjoyable. 

On 1/7/2020 at 10:21 PM, Warpedsavior said:

For me, Alvastia Chronicles turned out to be pretty enjoyable. 

I'm glad!  It was one of the better ones I played the past year.

On 1/8/2020 at 5:46 PM, Kevvik said:

Finished my last double points game...Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1

100 + 68 (6+38+24) - 19.62 = 148.38

148.38 x 7 (1 + 2 (LP) + 2 (double) + 2 (BM)) = 1038.66 points

Well, that now sets a record for the highest points game in this and gives me a bit of a distance to bridge, but I will do it!

Also just added a finished game for myself by lamely finishing up Heroes Trials for a measly 76.45 points.

Edit: Also just added Devious Dungeon for a measly 82.59 points.

Edited by ladynadiad
  • Like 3

Finished up Seek Hearts which was just released on Tuesday so it gets a new release bonus.  Ended up being a total of 174.00 points.

I did want to pose a question for you guys though.  One game I'm going to finish soon is a combination of two games in one platinum, both for the same series.  Those games were also released individually at one point as separate plats and the combo one does cover all the requirements to earn the plats in the separate ones.  If curious, it's Danganronpa 1-2 Reload, which is Danganronpa 1 and 2 in one package.  It is marked as an RPG (likely because the Monomi minigame is a lot like a mini-action RPG).

The wording of the beast mode bonus says if someone finishes two games during this, they get a bonus.  This is two games, but it is one trophy list.  In your guys' opinion do you think that counts for beast mode, or not because it's one trophy list?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

The wording of the beast mode bonus says if someone finishes two games during this, they get a bonus.  This is two games, but it is one trophy list.  In your guys' opinion do you think that counts for beast mode, or not because it's one trophy list?

Well you do finish two games and there's was nothing about you not getting the beast mode bonus for two or more games that share the same trophy list unless the OP did not know there was 2/3 in one games that share the same trophy list.

1 minute ago, Leon Castle said:

Well you do finish two games and there's was nothing about you not getting the beast mode bonus for two or more games that share the same trophy list unless the OP did not know there was 2/3 in one games that share the same trophy list.

Yeah. OP definitely knows, they have played Castlevania Requiem which is another game like that.  It's just that until now no one had played a collection because they are pretty uncommon for RPGs and as far as points for the amount of time spent, it's better to play single games.

3 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

Yeah. OP definitely knows, they have played Castlevania Requiem which is another game like that.  It's just that until now no one had played a collection because they are pretty uncommon for RPGs and as far as points for the amount of time spent, it's better to play single games.

Besides .hack//G.U. Last Recode, I don't know of any other RPG collection games that share the same trophy list. But since Danganronpa 1-2 Reload is 2 in 1, it's okay for me you get a beast mode bonus on it since you spent twice as much time then playing a single game.

On 1/18/2020 at 11:02 PM, Warpedsavior said:

Well Danganronpa 1-2 Reload is essentially 2 games packed into one trophy list that has the requirements of the two separate ones, so I'm okay with there being a beast mode bonus for it.

Thanks for the response on that!  Hoping to wrap up this plat soon since I just have Island Mode in DR2 and leveling Hajime to 99 left now.

Edit: And done with that incessant grind at last!  With the 0.5 beast mode for it being two games it ended up being 239.76

So with just a bit over 10 days to go, I'm just under 30 points away from taking back the lead.  Looks like it's going to be close between me and Kevvik for the top spot.

Edit: Finished up Muv-Luv which is also marked as an RPG.  It ended up being worth 108.91 points and puts me in the lead again by almost 80 points.  Also have now finished Cat Quest for another 92.81 points.

Edited by ladynadiad
  • Like 2