No platinum yet?

TenebraZero

Yes, it is time consuming. The main game itself takes 50+ hours depending on difficulty and side quests done. Post-game there's a 100 floor dungeon with a puzzle for each floor. Finally, you have to collect every skill and item in the game, both of which are exclusively RNG dependent. Personally, I gave up for now on floor 68 of the dungeon because no matter what I tried I just couldn't solve the puzzle even with online's help. As well, I've heard (but can't claim) that one or two skills are bugged and no matter how hard one tries they can't unlock them, probably just shit RNG. There's also early game glitches/oversights that prevent a player from obtaining an astral for that save file. I'd suggest getting it on Vita if you can so you can grind post-game during the small free times of the work/school day instead of using your relaxing hours at home. It's also not that great of a game to begin with. Was excited for it because the people behind El Shaddai were making it but it just didn't deliver. If you have played El Shaddai, Enoch is in the game as an astral and you get him quite early and he is a powerhouse.

Edit from Feb 3rd: see post below.

Ā 

The platinum isĀ unobtainable for players of the NA and EU versions of The Lost Child. Thereā€™s no official statement on the issue given by NISA, so as far as speculations and guessworkĀ go, it seems to beĀ becauseĀ theseĀ 2 versions could be missingĀ the latest patch that made theĀ platinum obtainable for players of the JPĀ version. Edit: could be a different issueĀ that occurredĀ during insertion of the translated text, for all I know. The file structure of the NA version of the game looksĀ different from that of the JP base game plus most recent update.Ā 

Ā 

You can take a peek at this topic/specific post, if you like:Ā https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/210362-the-lost-child/76875008?page=1#12

Edited by Fenrirfeather
tidbits added

On 3/2/2019 at 11:25 PM, Fenrirfeather said:

Platinum trophy may now be obtainable.Ā As of writing this, thereā€™re stillĀ no platinum achievers andĀ aĀ Guinea pig isĀ needed for confirmation.Ā 

Ahaha that's cool, unfortunately I have the Milestone so I can't play this game now, we have to find another Guinea pig xD

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...