Struggling with 3 Bosses

Mokujin

Hey guys.

Been playing Ben 10 after downloading it on ps now, it's a great little game honestly, but my 3 last trophies for the plat are giving me a lot of trouble.

All 3 are the trophies for defeating the bosses without taking damage, I just can't seem to get it right. Any tips? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/1/2019 at 7:10 PM, Keidah said:

Hey guys.

Been playing Ben 10 after downloading it on ps now, it's a great little game honestly, but my 3 last trophies for the plat are giving me a lot of trouble.

All 3 are the trophies for defeating the bosses without taking damage, I just can't seem to get it right. Any tips? 

Just keep trying. That's the only tip. Or watch someone online Do it. Then follow their method. 

• 2 months later...

Heatblast. Fully upgraded he destroys everything. 

I had trouble with the final boss. Here is a tip to help you a bit... If you take damage, and void the trophy, dont beat the boss or quit. Take some time to stick around to learn his moves and how to evade them. Use it as a practice session. Its more efficient than quitting out after you get damaged and starting the level over.

R1/L1 is good for evading his plasma balls. While using heatblast, try to shoot your first 1-2 shots away from his arm then turn and shoot your bigger shot at his arm for doing more damage (this should help skip a phase of the fight).

After getting the plat... you should recommend Heatblast. Fully upgraded he destroys everything. Small enemies in 1 hit, medium in 1 or 2 [depending on if it's his third shot; which kills them in 1 hit since it does more damage] and those robots in the last 2 level which take forever to kill go down in like 3 hits with him. And his attacks go through enemies which is ridiculously OP.

In addition, use him on the final boss. He destroys everything. You can completely skip the second phase by just standing and shooting as the belly opens up and it's destroyed in a single hit. And my successful attempt at no hitting that boss I was able to also skip half the final phase too. I killed his head phase in one go, instead of the two. Previously I had him on no health [or a pixel that's hard to see] and just assumed it forced two 'waves' of that phase... but nope. You can actually get him way faster.

I only ever saw the water hose once when I didn't know what the next phase was yet. After I knew his belly opened I never saw it again. And even when I did see it, he didn't have the chance to really do anything with it.

You should also say for people to switch to that fly guy when he blows the fan, because it's so much easier to make sure you don't get screwed that way.

Source: https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/6329266-post17.html

Edited by Paradigmatica

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
On 14/04/2019 at 6:33 PM, Winds-of-Neptune said:

Heatblast. Fully upgraded he destroys everything. 

I had trouble with the final boss. Here is a tip to help you a bit... If you take damage, and void the trophy, dont beat the boss or quit. Take some time to stick around to learn his moves and how to evade them. Use it as a practice session. Its more efficient than quitting out after you get damaged and starting the level over.

R1/L1 is good for evading his plasma balls. While using heatblast, try to shoot your first 1-2 shots away from his arm then turn and shoot your bigger shot at his arm for doing more damage (this should help skip a phase of the fight).

Source: https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/6329266-post17.html

This is not true. The game was patched, and now is much more difficult, because the boss do random attacks and not sequencial. Heatblast is not OP at all, i already try last boss fight over 10 times, one of them get touched becausa heatblast is too week on the attacks and can´t take the last 1% of damage need. I´m stuck with this and the Bee.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/2/2022 at 8:45 AM, cffc8 said:

This is not true. The game was patched, and now is much more difficult, because the boss do random attacks and not sequencial. Heatblast is not OP at all, i already try last boss fight over 10 times, one of them get touched becausa heatblast is too week on the attacks and can´t take the last 1% of damage need. I´m stuck with this and the Bee.

That's not true. I got all the achievements (sans the platinum equivalent) again on Steam in 2020 and it was exactly the same. The publisher removed the plat equivalent achievement since it was broken and stated they ceased working with the developer of Ben 10. It took them 5 years to "solve" that issue and their solution was removing it, and you think they would've bothered to patched to be "harder" over a year after the game had come out? It's a licensed game. They pump them out and move on quickly. 

I got the PS4 platinum in 2018, over a year after the game released already. You think it changed since that? And just on PS4? Or do you honestly think that after 2020 they patched every version to be 'harder'? If you didn't have the tedium of running through the levels for each boss again you'd agree it's easy because it's not hard, it's just tedious and you're annoyed by the time you get to retry so are likely to make errors in playing. If bosses were their own thing on the level select it would negate that frustration and you'd agree it's easy because it is. Always has been. 

The bosses always did phases. I don't think my comment on org even mentions sequential. Everything is openly telegraphed so you know exactly what move is coming at all times. It doesn't have to be sequential. 

• 1 year later...