NG+ glitch makes apocalyptic piss easy.

Quink666

So i used a NG+ glitch which allows you to start the game with everything from another save slot.

This way apocalyptic is really easy.

Made an apocalyptic new game and loaded NG+ from an easy save and both normal and apo trophy popped at the end of the game. 

Can be fun to use if you simply want to play the game again on NG+.

The glitch can be kinda tricky to get down. but follow the video and you'll get it soon enough.

If the game glitches on Angelic Guardian and he only walks into a wall and have no hit box hit him with Salvation until he is dead. Salvation can for some reason hit him but melee attacks can not.

Edited by Quink666
  • Like 1

It worked on 1.01 and it works on 1.05 so i don't think it will. Since developer said that NG+ is no longer on the table this might be the only way to play NG+.

This glitch has some bugs though. First Angelic Guardian can bug but can be killed either way. Some people have reported that Vulgrim never spawns and if that happens you can't use Serpent Holes or level up, but luckily that didn't happen to me. If the vulgrim bug happens and he does not spawn at the 2nd location in game you best bet is to try the glitch again.

Also forgot to mention that you can pick up even more healing pots. In a new game 6 is the maximum here 10 is the maximum if you collect all 4 in game. This makes the game even easier.

Edited by Quink666

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MeatMonster12 said:

how do you make this work? I get stuck on the part where you have to force respawn, but get the popup for changing difficulty and can't get it to go away.

popup to change difficulty? There shoudnt be one.

Step 1: Create a apo save

Step 2: Load ng+ save by quickly press :cross: + :circle: on ng+ save. 

Step 3: Load Apo save

Step 4: When apo start loading load your ng+ save u started on step 2. This will be done in background kinda.

Step 5: Force respawn 

Step 6: after screen turns black after force respawn quit to main menu. (Press start)

Step 7: Load you Apo save and enjoy having all weapons/skills/enhancements

Edited by Quink666

17 hours ago, Quink666 said:

popup to change difficulty? There shoudnt be one.

Step 1: Create a apo save

Step 2: Load ng+ save by quickly press :cross: + :circle: on ng+ save. 

Step 3: Load Apo save

Step 4: When apo start loading load your ng+ save u started on step 2. This will be done in background kinda.

Step 5: Force respawn 

Step 6: after screen turns black after force respawn quit to main menu. (Press start)

Step 7: Load you Apo save and enjoy having all weapons/skills/enhancements

At step 5, when going down the list to respawn, I get a popup warning that if I change difficulty some trophies might not be attainable when I hover over apo mode.

1HRr5tw.jpg

Edit; Nvm, for some reason it worked now, thanks for the help bro

Edited by MeatMonster12

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Erkawest said:

I'm about to start this game, would it be recommended playing a normal playthrough on balanced collecting and doing everything, then use this trick for an easy apocalyptic speedrun?

I would recommend doing an easy or normal run to grab every other trophy. Apocalyptic can be quite a challenge until you get to about level 40.

7 hours ago, Quink666 said:

I would recommend doing an easy or normal run to grab every other trophy. Apocalyptic can be quite a challenge until you get to about level 40.

So basically what I said? Doing a 2nd speedrun playthrough on apocalyptic?

2 hours ago, Erkawest said:

So basically what I said? Doing a 2nd speedrun playthrough on apocalyptic?

You will get different answers from different people.. It's about how difficult it is to you.

I got everything on a single playthrough on Apocalyptic without grinding out levels at any point in the game and didn't have too much trouble. It's really not that challenging. 

Personally I'd say go for it on Apocalyptic and see how it feels. You can always restart on easy if you are not enjoying yourself!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, aZombieDictator said:

Does anyone know if the glitch still works? I can't get it to work 

Pretty sure it does. There are other video out there that might show it a bit clearer. I spent over 1 hour before i got it to work properly, the problem i had was that i didn't press :cross: & :circle: quickly enough to be able to work "backstage". Remember to back up your save before trying to get it to work.

3 hours ago, Quink666 said:

Pretty sure it does. There are other video out there that might show it a bit clearer. I spent over 1 hour before i got it to work properly, the problem i had was that i didn't press :cross: & :circle: quickly enough to be able to work "backstage". Remember to back up your save before trying to get it to work.

I guess I'll keep trying

• 1 year later...