Ys: Memories of Celceta coming to PS4 on May 16 in Japan

Venocide

Ys: Memories of Celceta is coming to PlayStation 4 on May 16 in Japan as Ys: Memories of Celceta: Kai, Falcom announced. It will cost 3,980 yen at retail and 3,500 yen via download. First-print copies of the physical edition will include a reprint of “The Collected Ys Music of Ancient and Modern Times.”

The PlayStation 4 version of the action RPG—which was first released for PS Vita in September 2012, followed by PC in July 2018—supports full high-definition resolution visuals at 60 frames per second, as well as higher quality in-game background music. Additionally, some elements such as mini-games and puzzles that required the touch screen in the PS Vita version have been optimized for PlayStation 4, and the activation of “Extra Skills” has been changed to the same simultaneous two-button press from Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana.

https://gematsu.com/2019/02/ys-memories-of-celceta-coming-to-ps4-on-may-16-in-japan#M7zRszDyL2f0Um0Q.99

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thefourfoldroot said:

It probably sounds strange, but I wish they would stop porting Vita games. I would prefer the portable version, but will feel now I'm not getting the best possible version unless I go PS4 (especially if things are added or improved like in TX for example). 

I know, options are a stupid thing to complain about. 

Doesn’t sound strange, not on this site anyway, it’s normal to want some games to stay as Vita exclusives, many people here share the same opinion when it comes to that. Ys MoC has been on Steam for about 8 months now, so I suppose this was inevitable. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, gameoverDude189 said:

Nice! Love this news.  I'll have to buy this when the English one is released.  Surely XSeed will grab this... right? 

Why would anyone want to keep this a Vita exclusive?  It's an Ys game, & IMO it's welcome on PS4.

Probably going to be nisa since they're taking over cold steel and did the last ys as well

Just now, SnowxSakura said:

Probably going to be nisa since they're taking over cold steel and did the last ys as well

Then again, XSeed is getting Cold Steel I & II onto the PS4.  So... it's kinda hard to say how this one will end up.  My guess is whichever one of the 2 brings it out will get it to us by the end of the year.  Let's say NISA does it... I'd expect them to go with XSeed's translation.  Ys IX Monstrum Nox will definitely be coming from NISA I'm sure.