Rate this game 1-10 in terms of how boring it is

kerck11

18 hours ago, Maaden_Swe said:

Oh it sure does. But if you cant handle a prologue you should not play open world games. And your opinion really doesnt matter if you have only played the first chapter. Its just hilarious to find out. Thats my opinion

I don't need to play the whole game to know I don't like it. I love open world games. I'm currently playing through breath of the wild for the 3rd time. I've played through Morrowind, oblivion, Skyrim and the fallout games multiple times. Those games actually leave you alone to play them. I'm not saying red dead 2 is an awful game by any means. People have different tastes. It'd be boring if everyone liked the same stuff.

• 4 weeks later...

I'd give the game a 7/10 myself.

Graphically, RDR2 is absolutely stunning. Seeing the vast canyons, swamps, snow covered terrains etc in incredible detail is jaw dropping. The Dead Eye mechanic feels greatly improved over it's RDR1 counterpart. But the game has plenty of flaws like others have mentioned previously in this thread. Things such as items picked not counting for the challenges before starting them, how easy it is to fall off your horse and have it die, (potentially losing your skinned animal goods) the pacing of the story and how it seems to drag a lot with way too much filler content to artificially increase length, and the RNG element that determines the time spent hunting animals for the related trophies.

The online itself feels like a barren wasteland compared to the story mode. Only content I enjoyed in it was playing poker and doing the occasional posse deliveries in random lobbies. Doing stuff like bounties didn't seem worth the time investment considering the miniscule payout, and hunting collectibles solely to reach level 50 with no good alternatives to offset the grind felt like a major chore.

Overall a decent game, but I still think RDR1 is superior in terms of content and pacing. Also John Marston being a ruthless badass compared to Arthur Morgan who I felt was too nice at times, and RDR1 having the undead nightmare dlc which was amazing.

Edited by CasualVariance