50th Platinum in 365

dodgedoors

My goal In August when I got my first Platinum (soundshapes) was to get 50 in a year from then.  I am at 44 with 2 months left.  I hopefully will have 2 that I am working on done by Friday, and I have chosen Last of Us for magic number 50.  MY question is should I go easy just to make sure I make it or try my ass off for a stretch run of 3 good high difficulty games? AUG 19 is the Target for my 50th

I am leaning towards some challenging titles.  I was thinking of doing Mass Effect 2, Sleeping dogs, and Uncharted as 47,48, and 49.

this is my list.

ME2

Sleeping Dogs

Uncharted

ME3

Darksiders

Deus Ex

Zombie tycoon 2

Prince of persia Forgotten Sands

Ratchet Deadlocked

Batman AA+AC

MGS2

Dead Space Extraction

Jak collection

Vanquish

Mafia 2

R+C FFA

Fallout NV (finishing up 3 right now)

there's more but I can't remember them all off the top of my head.

Edited by dodgedoors

Uncharted is really easy, PoP Forgotten Sands is easily done under 16 hours (kinda disapointing :S)

Jak 1 is easy but Jak 2 and 3 not so much, they are very frustrating, especially 2

R&C games are all easy so you should have no problem with FFA and Deadlocked

I'm only talking about what I've platted or know for a fact so thats it, can't help you with the others, good luck on your goal! :)

Edit: Saw your game list, if you see you won't be able to finish in time you have easy half finished games to plat like:

Assassins Creed 2 (awesome game!)

Sly 3

LA Noire (probably shouldn't do this one in a hurry since it is a very enjoyable game that you should do without any guides first)

And if you are good at it you should try Spelunker, its not as hard as people think it is

Edited by HardXDXtraga

My goal In August when I got my first Platinum (soundshapes) was to get 50 in a year from then.  I am at 44 with 2 months left.  I hopefully will have 2 that I am working on done by Friday, and I have chosen Last of Us for magic number 50.  MY question is should I go easy just to make sure I make it or try my ass off for a stretch run of 3 good high difficulty games?

I am leaning towards some challenging titles.  I was thinking of doing Mass Effect 2, Sleeping dogs, and Uncharted as 47,48, and 49.

this is my list.

ME2

Sleeping Dogs

Uncharted

ME3

Darksiders

Deus Ex

Zombie tycoon 2

Prince of persia Forgotten Sands

Ratchet Deadlocked

Batman AA+AC

MGS2

Dead Space Extraction

Jak collection

Vanquish

Mafia 2

R+C FFA

Fallout NV (finishing up 3 right now)

there's more but I can't remember them all off the top of my head.

If you want a challenge, go for Vanquish. The game is easy on hard mode. The real challenge begins when you have to face Tactical challenge #4 and #6 (especially 6). Ratchet & Clank FFA and Deadlocked shouldn't be a problem (10 days in total for both to platinum). Darksiders and Deus Ex HR are very nice games with an intriguing story. Furtermore, I would advise you NOT to rush ME2 and 3 (seeing that you already played ME1) as to enjoy the story and different playthroughs. The Uncharted trilogy are great games, the only difficult thing is the Crushing playthrough.

The Uncharted titles are a joke, crushing difficulty isn't exactly crushing, I had a harder time with Terminator Salvation, Mass effect 2 gave me just a little trouble so that is a good one to go for, if you want to meet your goal, go for megamind, it's only 2 hours, same for trine 2 and counter strike, nothing wrong with being a whore, in the real word(it is a different story). Whatever you do, do not put hannah montana on your list, you can have vanquish, gta 4, mortal kombat, if you have that game on your list, I lose total respect for that person, (unless it is a girl).

• Like 1

I wanted Hanna Montana as my 100th plat.  I hear it is a true triumph of game design and a testament to the greatness of mankind. 

I have no excuse for megamind, Trine 2 I got because someone told me it was an easy plat that was like golden axe.  When I found out how bad it was that 5 bucks I spent felt like 100 with the buyers remorse I had.

Lol

I got Trine 2 because I needed to buy the Prince of Persia DLC and it wasn't available on my country's PS Store, so I had to buy a UK PSN card and buy it there, I had to spend the money on that card so I bought the DLC, InFamous and Trine 2, still have 0.01£ there :P

• 1 month later...

I wanted Hanna Montana as my 100th plat.  I hear it is a true triumph of game design and a testament to the greatness of mankind. 

I have no excuse for megamind, Trine 2 I got because someone told me it was an easy plat that was like golden axe.  When I found out how bad it was that 5 bucks I spent felt like 100 with the buyers remorse I had.

Platinumed HM for 100 like a Boss  :pimp:  (actually there are 2 of us that have it as 100...Damn you Onlyrealmatze :shakefist: )