PSNP Boosting Threads

2 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

OK the thing about "being in the rules vs not being in the rules"

If I posted something about Saints Row IV in the Final Fantasy 15 forum then the mods would move my thread to the correct forum.

So if someone posts about boosting when there are the gaming sessions then the mods close that thread and point to the game sessions.

They are just directing people to where they should be putting their threads.  So it isn't a rule, but it is following the flow of the site..

Isn’t that a straw man argument? One is very obvious and a mistake while the other one is something some people want. I’m just stating the obvious. If you don’t want boosting threads, state that they will be closed upon discovery. No punishment, but all of the semantics about allowed or not allowed goes away. Boosting threads just become prohibited at that point and it eliminates the back and forth about why a thread was deleted.  You can point to that “rule” without it appearing that things were deleted arbitrarily.

4 minutes ago, VoidVictorious said:

Isn’t that a straw man argument? One is very obvious and a mistake while the other one is something some people want. I’m just stating the obvious. If you don’t want boosting threads, state that they will be closed upon discovery. No punishment, but all of the semantics about allowed or not allowed goes away. Boosting threads just become prohibited at that point and it eliminates the back and forth about why a thread was deleted.  You can point to that “rule” without it appearing that things were deleted arbitrarily.

Sure, I really don't see why you care so much about this though. How does this affect you in anyway? You know about game sessions and aren't creating boosting threads...so what is the problem.

In the end the people with 1 post aren't looking up the rules of the site. They are just doing what they want and the mods are closing it. If they point them to a rule saying "no boosting threads" or they point them to the game sessions...what is the difference?

I really don't get what is being discussed here. The only thing that needs looking into is what DJ said and people with less than 25 posts shouldn't be allowed to create a new thread (unless it is an intro thread) that would eliminate most of the problems.

But if all you want is a line in the Forum Rules I am sure a mod can throw a line in there (despite it never being read by a new member)

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Sure, I really don't see why you care so much about this though. How does this affect you in anyway? You know about game sessions and aren't creating boosting threads...so what is the problem.

In the end the people with 1 post aren't looking up the rules of the site. They are just doing what they want and the mods are closing it. If they point them to a rule saying "no boosting threads" or they point them to the game sessions...what is the difference?

I really don't get what is being discussed here. The only thing that needs looking into is what DJ said and people with less than 25 posts shouldn't be allowed to create a new thread (unless it is an intro thread) that would eliminate most of the problems.

But if all you want is a line in the Forum Rules I am sure a mod can throw a line in there (despite it never being read by a new member)

Really it comes down to me simply thinking it’s easier to justify any action by anyone of authority if there is a rule allowing it. That’s it and that’s all.