[TLOU] I want to know your strategy.

OMFGWTFLOLNAJ

Hello there! Enjoying The Last Of Us? Haha. So umm let's discuss some things? How are you in playing TLOU? You find it easy or hard? I want to like know some of your strategy about managing Clickers and etc. You prefer stealth or like brawl? (OR WHATEVER YOU CALL THAT) What's your favorite weapon? Mine is bow and arrow, I find it useful because I am the stealth type of gamer. I like it because you can pretty much retrieve like the arrows but there is a chance to break. I am not finished yet with the game but umm... (Never used the NAIL BOMBS. Are they that strong? How to use it? Like traps?) :S :S :S :S :awesome:

I actually do a bit of a mixture. I try to do stealth, but I tend to get spotted by the infected before I can take them all out. The hunters I can actually take out fairly easily, though. Right now I'm really liking the shotgun, it has some great power to it, but I also use Molotovs a lot. I also use a lot of melee, especially when I'm trying to do stealth.

And nail bombs are pretty strong. They shred anything in its blast radius, and that's fairly large. They only downside is that it doesn't detonate on contact, so it's basically a mine. But if you know where a group of enemies are going to be coming through, you can throw one down and take out a few with ease.

Ive died so many times its unbelievable! Either im crap at stealth, or im just not being clever enough with distractions. Its highly frustrating when you spend 20 ish minutes on an area..only to be killed by a clicker you didnt see behind you..and have to start all over again.

Hello there! Enjoying The Last Of Us? Haha. So umm let's discuss some things? How are you in playing TLOU? You find it easy or hard? I want to like know some of your strategy about managing Clickers and etc. You prefer stealth or like brawl? (OR WHATEVER YOU CALL THAT) What's your favorite weapon? Mine is bow and arrow, I find it useful because I am the stealth type of gamer. I like it because you can pretty much retrieve like the arrows but there is a chance to break. I am not finished yet with the game but umm... (Never used the NAIL BOMBS. Are they that strong? How to use it? Like traps?) :S :S :S :S :awesome:

https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/7129-the-last-of-us-general-discussion-potential-spoilers/

I made that thread exactly for discussions like this. No reason to have duplicates to discuss the same things. 

Parker

Ive died so many times its unbelievable! Either im crap at stealth, or im just not being clever enough with distractions. Its highly frustrating when you spend 20 ish minutes on an area..only to be killed by a clicker you didnt see behind you..and have to start all over again.

What difficulty are you on? Maybe you are the type of gamer like more on not stealth type of dude? Maybe you are more like playing most of First Person Shooters? Or like more on Assault type of guy? Never played any Stealth related games?

I actually do a bit of a mixture. I try to do stealth, but I tend to get spotted by the infected before I can take them all out. The hunters I can actually take out fairly easily, though. Right now I'm really liking the shotgun, it has some great power to it, but I also use Molotovs a lot. I also use a lot of melee, especially when I'm trying to do stealth.

And nail bombs are pretty strong. They shred anything in its blast radius, and that's fairly large. They only downside is that it doesn't detonate on contact, so it's basically a mine. But if you know where a group of enemies are going to be coming through, you can throw one down and take out a few with ease.

Oh okay. I never used nail bombs when I was able to craft it already. I though it was like umm.. you can't throw it? But if you throw it the enemy must walk on it? And it will detonate?

I LOVE MOLOTOVS ALSO! So useful when Clickers and Runners or Hunters or whatever in groups.

I'm playing on survival now, and I try to be too stealthy, to the degree where I sometimes let them kill me when I get seen... haha, but when I am fighting the runners and clickers I tend to use bottles and bricks the most, throwing them at clickers and then charging in to beat them to death, then finishing the runners with guns or fists, whatever really. Fighting humans I usually use the shotgun when up close, saving pistol ammo for when I have a human shield, but I also do a bit of the bottle and brick tactic that I use against the clickers.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm playing on survival now, and I try to be too stealthy, to the degree where I sometimes let them kill me when I get seen... haha, but when I am fighting the runners and clickers I tend to use bottles and bricks the most, throwing them at clickers and then charging in to beat them to death, then finishing the runners with guns or fists, whatever really. Fighting humans I usually use the shotgun when up close, saving pistol ammo for when I have a human shield, but I also do a bit of the bottle and brick tactic that I use against the clickers.

You finished Survivor already?

Yeah, about half way through Survivor+. Haven't played in a few days but I have been finding it easier than my first (Hard mode) playthrough.  :huh:

I have a question if you manage to finish the survivor+ mode will you get the trophies easy up to survivor and easy+ to survivor+?

• 1 month later...

I have a question if you manage to finish the survivor+ mode will you get the trophies easy up to survivor and easy+ to survivor+?

Sorry haven't been on in ages, only just saw this - I'll assume you have figured it out already but if not, yes you do get all the trophies for the easier difficulties :)

• 2 weeks later...

My friend literally guns through all his situations and he often got killed. I use a mixture of stealth, melee, and headshots to get my way through. I often stealth through the first few and gunned down the last remaining survivor when there is only 1 left. If I have a group of clickers, I often found myself throwing a bottle to get them all in one place and then throwing a Molotov to catch them on fire...seems to be working so far ^_^

Well, I found it about "normal" difficulty for me even on survivor difficulty , I only used guns when needed (rarely for me though,went guns blazing on the last levels to finish it) :P but other than that its fun and easy . PSN: PhantomDreams (my new psn I'm working on with TLOUS platinum)

At first I thought you meant MP strategies, but I'll just go for both.

In terms of campaign, I played on Hard first before playing on Survivor and then Survivor +. The thing about both Survivor and Survivor + is that you don't get listening mode. At first it takes a little while getting used to, but after a while, you really don't miss it that much that you tend to forget about it when playing MP.

I try and go strictly stealth with the bow and arrows, but in areas that can't be avoided and require fire fights (the sewers right before the suburbs with Sam and Henry for instance) I pull out my shotgun. If you're playing on Survivor, obviously you've beaten the game so laying down nail bombs as traps and using molotovs to ambush enemies is useful as well. Also, try and learn the patrol patterns of enemies and take them out when they're alone.

In terms of the MP, my friends and I play almost exclusively the Survivor Mode. I've been partying up with some of these guys since 2010 so we know how each other plays and thinks. But first rule is to be a team player. Also, go to the Red Boxes and get some movies, uh, I mean supplies. Stick close together, but not too close that you all get molotoved. I play support, I have one that flanks and plays stealth. Another is a sniper and trust me, you don't want to face him...