StingX2

So the games out

13 posts in this topic

But none of the trophies are popping yet? New situation for me :|

Anyone else having this issue? I purchased it but haven't had a chance to play, and am wondering if I should wait.

1 minute ago, LordShavron said:

Anyone else having this issue? I purchased it but haven't had a chance to play, and am wondering if I should wait.

They seem to be popping now for the OP.

50 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

They seem to be popping now for the OP.

nope only those 3, Boom Box popped on the main menu for me. Everything else I can't pop at all

There definitely seems to be some issues with the trophies. I should have had the cupid one, the sunflower one, the evil elevator one and the play as old school TJ and Earl one, but nothing. 

The only ones that have actually popped for me are the ones for doing something wrong, haha. 

Well, I played one game this morning and managed to unlock 5 trophies. After the fact I took another look at the trophy list and I feel like I should have gotten the HFZ Goober, but I might just be misunderstanding how to unlock that one. Overall I'm enjoying the game so far. I think the trophy list might be harder than I initially thought, but I'm still going to try for the platinum.

Yeah, the trophies in this one are a broken mess. A user on Playstationtrophies.org seems to think he has a work around and I think he might be right. It seems if you exit the game, upload your save data to the cloud, then delete your local save, and then redownload the data trophies start unlocking again. I did some testing of this theory and I was getting the same results. The terrible part is they seem to break after every game you play. I thought it was annoying enough that I have to sit through all the studio logos after each game.  ImI'm enjoying the game but I think I might be putting it down until they seem to get this figured out.

Thanks to all for the info, and sorry for presuming, @StingX2.

Email from the devs:

Hey [Real Name] !

We are aware of this and working on this right now to fix, hope to get a patch out asap!

--
Matt Conn
Release Manager & Producer
ToeJam & Earl: Back in the Groove

That's good news, I was bummed when my no-present run was for naught.

Good news is that the patch is out, and trophies work now. 

The bad news (especially for your no present run...) is that trophies that Should have popped need to be earned again. 

13 hours ago, Batmannequin said:

The bad news (especially for your no present run...) is that trophies that Should have popped need to be earned again. 

Can't say I'm too surprised by that. I'm glad I didn't spend too much time maybe earning trophies. I'll be sure to dive back in soon. 

FYI getting hit by the drone (which uses one of your presents) counts as YOU using a present, so you will not get the No-present run trophy.