I hate "IW" & his 15.1 seconds -- NEED HELP ON HOW TO SPRINT

Had another 42 attempts but this time trying the grenade launcher again. Out of 42 attempts the grenade went off only 3 times and even then the target at the bottom of the stairs took too many bullets to go down. 

I then checked out a video by that guy called Brian who does the PS4/5 trophy vids. It's a joke, he uses neither the aim and misses shots and barely speed runs, yet gets an accuracy bonus of -3 using the MP5. My version is now 1.15 so don't know if they tweaked it, but I doubt it. Either way his video makes no sense. 

4 hours ago, HansPatat050 said:

Is your sensitivity high enough to make quick turns? 

Try this approach, worked quite well for me, especially the collateral kill at the beginning and the backwards walk and shoot at the end:

https://youtu.be/bdSDiioMa9M

I have my horizontal set to 7 after it being suggested to me yesterday. 

I'll have a few more bouts of 30 attempts each bout today and see how I do.  But yeah, in the first room I too use the technique of getting two targets with one shot. And I've noticed you need to be in step 5 by 11 seconds to take down the two targets before using the second flashbang. I have only done this three times and on all three occasions the targets never went down went shooting the one in front. The hit box detection is odd sometimes. But thanks for taking the time to share that video. Much appreciated. 

EDIT

Times for todays session

Then I had to stop because on the 18.1 run everything was crisp and smooth and I have no idea at this point how I can better that so jacked it in.  Will probably go back later.

Edited by DanteIshimura

2 hours ago, Zavanii said:

An old Vid of my personal record back then. Hope it helps :) You can find the grenade launcher on the left side in one pit on the way to the hall. 

It's of no use to someone with my lack of skill to use the grenade launcher. Not taking anything from you or being ignorant, your skill is frikkin awesome man and I appreciate you taking the time to help, all of you guys have been so amazing but your skills are on another level.

But to get the grenade to explode requires a specific location for it to go off, and as I put in another post where I did 42 attempts using the grenade launcher, the grenade only went off in three of those attempts. 

Another things is the movement speed. Even the sprint when I am playing feels like it is moving no where near at the speed I am seeing in those vids. Not talking about the turning movements or anything as that is skill based, but the actual straight line speed even when clicking L3. That is a feature I wish you could just switch off as run at that speed with normal controls, even if stamina was involved in the mechanic. It's not as awful as GTA where you have t mash a button to run (no idea why they use that concept) but it still feels tacked on for no reason. 

Edited by DanteIshimura

It's pissing me off that in my first 30 attempts or so in one of those attempts I got a 15.75 and it was then that I started looking at guides. 

I've just finished my 496th complete attempt and I'm so far from success. I wish I could take back checking out vids but now all I have is try this 40 times, try that 40 times and it's threw me right off. 

6 minutes ago, DanteIshimura said:

It's pissing me off that in my first 30 attempts or so in one of those attempts I got a 15.75 and it was then that I started looking at guides. 

I've just finished my 496th complete attempt and I'm so far from success. I wish I could take back checking out vids but now all I have is try this 40 times, try that 40 times and it's threw me right off. 

Imo the best weapon is the MP5. Also try switching the aim and shoot to L1-R1 I found it much easier doing that as it's easier to just tap them and get the accuracy bonus. Also looking at your comments stop writing times down and just keep instantly restarting and stick with 1 weapon. Changing weapons, strategy and pausing to write a time time is killing your consistency. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GUDGER666 said:

stop writing times down and just keep instantly restarting and stick with 1 weapon. Changing weapons, strategy and pausing to write a time time is killing your consistency. 

I agree but also disagree,

The only reason I disagree is because when I fail the start, if I continue I could practice nailing the next sections. Writing the time doesn't affect me in anyway, what effects me is sometimes the targets go down when I shoot them, sometimes they don't. Sometimes the actual effects of a flashbang goes wrong that it actually effects my real vision. But most times its down to me just lacking movement skill and getting stuck in doorways etc. 

The actual course makes no sense for the most part. The start is fine, its a perfect static target scenario. But then the stairs target has to pop up, then the flashbang will only activate the targets to pop up. The whole thing is bizarre and a challenge not associated with any other part of the game. It's why I don't continue on with the campaign, because the mechanics throughout the entire game will not get you any better at this course as it plays out like not actual realistic scenario. So may as well try to get it done before moving on as only doing this over and over will gives you experience as opposed to playing the main game, being strategic and then coming back to a mini game which makes little sense. 

One thing I am definitely going to take from your advice is switch the trigger to R1 to shoot a single button. I never understood why they have so many guns which use automatic fire in the game, especially is this situation. 

I think I will also stick to Brian's video as if you watch this, his run looks messy as hell yet he somehow pulls it off and gets full accuracy bonus. As I said in the earlier posts I am on version 1.15 and I doubt when they were doing patches they changed anything for this mode, but his run looks the messiest out of all that have been suggested and his gets it done. 

Edited by DanteIshimura

Well throughout the day I have had 60 attempts but this time only continuing if I got a good start on the three targets. I only was able to do 4 complete runs this way though and my best was 17.3.

Using R1 as the trigger to see if it helps control the bullet shot per trigger didn't help, but I put that down to being so used to the actual R2 being the trigger which is the most comfortable way to play it anyway. 

I think the next time I got on I may try sticking with the pistol though that means an entirely new learning curve. But the full auto is annoying me and probably the reason for the lack of accuracy bonus. I seem to fire three bullets per pull and I think thats going against me. Then again the mode is broken just by watching Brian's video so I don't know. Tomorrow will be the fifth day of trying since starting the game on Sunday. I'll continue then. I've turned the OP's thread into a frikkin blog. Apologies OP. 

Stopping to write down times is killing your muscle memory. Just restart and grind it. Make full runs though, like you are doing now.

I am a casual defrag player on PC and especially like weapon maps. By constantly grinding a single map a mental image starts developing in your mind so that you not even really have to look where you are anymore. You just know how to angle your mouse and when to press a key. I am going to post a video of a pretty clean weapon map run in my favourite PC game:

It looks inhumanely fast and it probably is, but at hardly any point is this player doing something consciously. It's 10% visual clues and 90% muscle memory from grinding.

Edited by pinkrobot_pb
  • Like 2

@pinkrobot_pb

I had my last few goes of today. Got a couple of 17's and 16's and then I got 15.85 but after that I could no longer hit the first three targets. Mostly due to anger and frustration at that point. Will try again tomorrow. Also I used the rifle which you get at the first target practice area and on none of those attempts was I aiming, just using hip fire. The game makes no sense though because with aim or hip I only get a -1 bonus. 

• Like 2

Hi everyone,

Spat my dummy for a while there. Anyway I got it done. 

So last Thursday/Friday I was doing the same tactics as usual and getting no where. Best I got again was 15.45 and that was hip firing with the MP5 with a -1 accuracy bonus. Then Friday night I switched tactics to the pistol as other people had suggest and by this point my aiming had gotten better. I got a 15.7 and nearly lost the plot Friday night lol. 

Saturday morning I get on it and after about 7 attempts I get 14.85. Again, hip firing the MP5 for the first three targets and then using the pistol for the rest. I think the part that seals the seal is if you can shoot the target at the bottom of the stairs quick enough and have your flash bang in animation halfway down the stairs to throw into the room, take those two out and if you can get into the next two targets room in 10-11 seconds then you're pretty much golden... provided you don't mess up the last two targets from shooting through the wall.

I got as far as No Fighting in the War Room on veteran without using the exploit but I did use it for that stage before switching back to veteran for the rest. I only ever done no fighting once back in 2009 and after the crap that Best of the Best gave me, I just wanted it done. 

Now on my previous account I had Modern Warfare 2 remastered when it was given with PS+. Obviously this is a new account but could I buy a months PS+ for my old account for £6.99 and download it and just play it on this profile like I can all my other games? Or are PS+ titles attached to one specific profile that they were downloaded on?

And for that matter. Is MW2R even worth it? The visual on MWR are incredible, but the team AI and enemy AI were badly dated. I noticed aside from All Guillied Up or whatever its called, all the other maps don't seem to allow for stealth. I noticed it on the map where you're checking all the barns and houses, and at the top one where you blow up the tank, the house there has a machine gunner at the window. Even with all that noise going on, he always turns around no matter how slow you move. Other times I noticed the enemy AI would turn to fire on me the moment my crosshair was over them. 

• Like 2

On 11.05.2023 at 6:31 PM, DanteIshimura said:

I agree but also disagree,

The only reason I disagree is because when I fail the start, if I continue I could practice nailing the next sections. Writing the time doesn't affect me in anyway, what effects me is sometimes the targets go down when I shoot them, sometimes they don't. Sometimes the actual effects of a flashbang goes wrong that it actually effects my real vision. But most times its down to me just lacking movement skill and getting stuck in doorways etc. 

The actual course makes no sense for the most part. The start is fine, its a perfect static target scenario. But then the stairs target has to pop up, then the flashbang will only activate the targets to pop up. The whole thing is bizarre and a challenge not associated with any other part of the game. It's why I don't continue on with the campaign, because the mechanics throughout the entire game will not get you any better at this course as it plays out like not actual realistic scenario. So may as well try to get it done before moving on as only doing this over and over will gives you experience as opposed to playing the main game, being strategic and then coming back to a mini game which makes little sense. 

One thing I am definitely going to take from your advice is switch the trigger to R1 to shoot a single button. I never understood why they have so many guns which use automatic fire in the game, especially is this situation. 

I think I will also stick to Brian's video as if you watch this, his run looks messy as hell yet he somehow pulls it off and gets full accuracy bonus. As I said in the earlier posts I am on version 1.15 and I doubt when they were doing patches they changed anything for this mode, but his run looks the messiest out of all that have been suggested and his gets it done. 

followed this video and got it in a few tries. Just do what he does and you will get it eventually, just try to aim for headshots and set your camera so you can turn fast.

Also at the start, when the guys align, aim at they're heads to do a double headshot instead of shooting without aim. That way you guarantee the accuracy bonus.

Edited by Axterix233
add more info