I hate "IW" & his 15.1 seconds -- NEED HELP ON HOW TO SPRINT

10 hours ago, ZitMeatloaf said:

I'm about ready to give up on this frustrating trophy. I guess fast precision FPS skills just aren't my forte.

This feels much more difficult than ...Becomes the Master to me. At least with that trophy I could see gradual improvement in my times. With this one I'm just stuck at 18.5-ish seconds.

The same for me. the problem is there are no improvement in my times, after more than 300 tries. :-(

15 hours ago, ZitMeatloaf said:

I'm about ready to give up on this frustrating trophy. I guess fast precision FPS skills just aren't my forte.

This feels much more difficult than ...Becomes the Master to me. At least with that trophy I could see gradual improvement in my times. With this one I'm just stuck at 18.5-ish seconds.

I felt the same way and I am not an ace at FPS games, but then I used The Blakk Vultures approach and tried to perfect it. You can see in this video. After a lot of tries I was able to do to all elements well : move smoothly, shoot the targets precisely, shoot blindly at the last two, get a good timing with the flashbangs etcetera. But I always messed up one of those things until I finally had my "perfect" run - or at least sufficiently perfect enough...

If that doesn't work for you, you can try it with the grenade launcher that you can get from the grenade training. Some report that they were able to shave of 2 seconds by using it to knock down the three targets in the first room. (But it didn't really work for me.)

Good luck!

• Like 1

You can't shareplay this so just keep practicing. I tried over 200 times to get it. 

Protips:
Turn up horizontal sensitivity - i used 8, normally i use 4-5
Practice with the pistol, maybe switch to mp5 if you cant get it with pistol, but you'll be faster with mp5 after practicing with pistol regardless. I used mp5 (hipfire) for first 3 targets and then switched to pistol (ads) for rest.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ZitMeatloaf said:

My biggest problem is with the doorways, I always seem to get hung up in them. Especially the last one that you need to strafe out of sideways. Brings me to a dead stop most times.

Yeah, doorway is 32" and character has 31" shoulders it seems. Worst part for me was nailing the run and then getting caught on a wooden box near the finish area.

1 hour ago, ZitMeatloaf said:

My biggest problem is with the doorways, I always seem to get hung up in them. Especially the last one that you need to strafe out of sideways. Brings me to a dead stop most times.

I had the same problem with the doors. I found that for the corridor I needed to position myself slightly further over to the right than I instinctively wanted to. For the last door I would take a quick look to the right while the flash bang was detonating to line myself up then look back and shoot the last 2 guys. 

I also had many runs where I would shoot guys and it wouldn’t register the hit. I even had 5 or 6 runs where my flash would go off and the targets didn’t pop up so you need to get a little lucky for everything to come together

9 minutes ago, Warlord99956 said:

I also had many runs where I would shoot guys and it wouldn’t register the hit.

Sometimes I swear that I see splinters flying away from the wood directly behind the target, but the guy's still standing there like "Ha ha, I'm ethereal! Your bullets pass right through me!"

Well hot damn, after what felt like about 8 million attempts I finally got it at 14.8 seconds. My previous best earlier today had been 15.25 and I have no idea how I shaved off almost a half second from that time, especially considering my accuracy bonus was only 2.6 on my successful attempt. My run still looks pretty sloppy when I watch it, but hey I'll take it. Maybe the extra conversation today helped me release some tension and relax a bit. Thanks for the pointers and encouragement, everyone.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

I am able to get sub 15s but only with slow-mo enabled, most probably the hectic nature of the time trial is making it even worse. I wish the person who did this trophy originally stubs his little toe on his bed-side table for a good couple of days ??

• 2 weeks later...

I kept this as the last trophy before the platinum and expected the worst. To my amazement I ended up getting 14.75 seconds about 30 minutes in. It wasn’t even a perfect run, so it does have some room for leniency. My best advice would be to watch a video, practice a bit, then carefully watch a video again to understand what you have to do differently.

Worst offenders are getting stuck in doors, missing a target although you literally shot at the damn thing point blank, and inability to resume running - because your character just doesn't feel like it, I guess ? If you manage to avoid all of this, it's almost guaranteed you'll get a very good time.

It was all with the MP5 by the way. I did try the grenade launcher, but found it extremely unhandy.

Edited by JeManquedHygiene

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
On 3/9/2019 at 0:32 PM, Fr_0zt said:

Here is my run.  Hope it helps.

This is my first post on the forum, but just wanted to say thank you so much! This video actually helped a lot, I kept trying to get the far back person in the last room with perfect accuracy, but spraying it instead allowed me to guarantee I get it and then I just sprinted it.

SECOND try after watching this video.

Thanks!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

2/3 years later and i still can't do it. My best time is 17seconds. I've tried every hint and tip and it doesn't help at all. Even the grenade method doesn't work for me. I've started playing the game about 5pm and it's now near enough 11pm. I have spent 5 hours doing the FNG without success. If its not the accuracy, its the time, if its not the time, its everything like a door or chair that gets in my way.

On 08/03/2019 at 9:29 PM, CristianX-97 said:

Well, after getting a bunch of late 15's and early 16's one time after another, I quickly searched and found out you can use the previously picked up grenade launcher on the M16 to knock the first 3 targets with one G. Launcher. This literally saved me like 2 seconds and I ended up doing it the first time. 

I tried the grenade method, it doesn't work for me. D:

• 4 months later...
On 2022-09-15 at 0:02 AM, olliebear66t said:

I really enjoy these trophies/time trials that were in MW, MW2 and T2. They're a fun little challenge. Very hard at first but they make you master a section that takes 1-2 hours so pretty short and sweet, well for most people. 

I used to enjoy them a lot. Finishing mile high on xbox 360 veteran back on the original release is one of my best moments in gaming. So much training to finally be successful. Fucking loved it. Now I'm 30+ and don't have time to perfect runs

• 3 months later...

Yeah this was a toughy. I still don't understand the trophy guide score of 5/10 difficulty as the original 360 game is rated at around 8/10.

When I first started playing I only had the knowledge from when I first got the 1000G back around 2008. So when trying the remaster I kept getting a consistent 18 seconds. After around 30 or so tries I eventually I got a 15.75 but went straight back to 18 seconds. 

That is when I did the worst thing I could have done and checked out video guides and took advice. The first vids were using the MP5 but by guys so much better than me but still there technique changed what I was doing and could no longer get out of the 25 second times. Then it was recommended to use the grenade launcher which was the worst advice because the shot you have to make is luck based. Doing this I was never able to get out of the 30-40+ times. 

Since then I haven't even able to get into the first room at all as I could no longer hit the three targets quickly enough any longer. And jumping down the stairs just wrecks the run completely for me. 322 attempts and I packed it in.

But my biggest problems was having to click to sprint. Its one of the worst features in any game it's used in and I have no idea why it's even a thing. The other problem I have is the doorways. For whatever reason I can never get through them cleanly and every single doorway I get stuck on, either at the sides or even the lip at the bottom. Then there's the flashbang issue. What I used to do was throw it and run straight into the little room between step 3 and 4, let the flash go off and quickly turn and shoot the two targets, then turn and shoot the next targets. I can no longer get this to work as the flash bang blinds even when not looking at it. 

I just never anticipated this would be so difficult, but from 2008 to 2023 I have definitely gotten a lot let responsive with fine tuning movements. Called it a day on the completion streak. Pretty gutted as I always am when a profile comes to an end, but it is what it is.

Edited by DanteIshimura

17 minutes ago, DanteIshimura said:

What sensitivity are you using? I raised mine to 10 and got used to it just for this. Anything less than 6 or 7 is probably going to be too slow.

The grenade launcher method was found by me. I posted it on this site as I'd never even seen it on YouTube before. You have to sprint jump sideways, almost away from the the room, and turn and shoot it just in front and to the right of the doorway to the stairs for it to hit all 3 targets. The launcher isn't necessary though if you don't like it.

The next thing you said was jumping down the stairs isn't good for you. What I do is as I'm sprinting through the door to the stairs, I flick the stick to the left at the same time as using the inside of my thumb knuckle to hit X to jump. Feels like I'm gliding down the stairs. I shoot the target and pull out my flash all before I even hit the ground. Then you want to throw the flash at the base of the first target. It'll somehow get caught on the base of the first target and only very lightly flash you if you continue into/towards that small room to the left. The get used to shooting the first and second target through the wall. You can stand still for half a second here if you need to line up where you need to aim through the wall. Then continue walking backwards through the door while turning to the left hitting the next two targets in the process. Immediately throw another flash into the next room, run out the door and jump towards the finish while doing a 180 (or walk, whatever is easier, jumping is just faster) and shoot the last two targets through the wall. Again, get used to where they are through the wall. There is a metal door against the inside of the very last doorway so make sure you're lined up correctly to shoot through the wall.

Things to remember.. jumping gives the speed of sprinting with the ability to perform actions, the number of bullets matter so try hit each target only once or twice. Your accuracy can take off 3 seconds max, higher the sensitivity the better. Just get used to running this on something high, mp5 is recommended as its sprint speed is the same as a pistol, but you won't have to reload.

That's a step-by-step shitty guide on how I do it. In fact, I actually went back to the game just to run this again for fun so I remember it well.

Don't ruin your 100% profile because of this trophy. Don't give up, good luck!

• Like 1

@Riiszk @pinkrobot_pb

Hi gents,

I'm putting this down to both my age and limited skill. So don't be concerned if I ditch a profile or not. I've had around 40 of them since the 360 era lol.

And because it's such a short timed task, it was why I was putting up with going through it. It's not like a 20 minute slog, but 30 seconds. It's nothing in terms of retrying. But when I knew I could no longer hit the first three targets any longer after trying for 3-4 days, thats when I knew I had hit the limit of what I could do. The old mitts cannot do finely turned moves anymore, and I always.... always struggled with the Playstation pad design. It's probably what messed my hands up in the first place lol. But thanks anyway gents, all the best to you both. 

• Like 1

Had nothing to do and won't be buying anymore games so had some more goes at this. Here are my times. Red being my best time.

Here I hit restart instead of load checkpoint so had to go through the whole tutorial again

So now even consistency has completely gone too. My main problems apart from the starting three targets is still getting stuck on door frames, then for whatever reason, it seems the hit box on the second target in the first flashbang room doesn't always register and so you have to go back and do it again. On the run that took 37+ it was because I emptied about 5 bullets into the target before it could drop. 

Another thing that threw me is having to redo the tutorial because in that mode you get to have the target snap targeting which you don't have on the obstacle course. Think I jacked it in after about another 30 attempts altogether.  

Edited by DanteIshimura

@HansPatat050 Only time I hip fire is the bottom stair and then when running into the next room from the first flash bang. That last one is a mixture of aim or hip, but the stairs is always hip.

Next set of times.

40.25 - At this point my eyes are wrecking when I get a flash bang wrong.

I don't think I will do anymore attempts today. Maybe later as I have nothing to do, but at the moment the flashes have given me a banging headache its hard to keep eyes open. 

Edited by DanteIshimura