Battlefield 3 Open Beta Next Week

Dreakon139

An open beta for Battlefield 3 arrives on September 29 for PC, Xbox 360, and PS3.

The beta of the highly anticipated FPS will be available to play until October 10, giving gamers more than a week of intense multiplayer combat that utilizes all-new maps, weapons, jets, and an updated graphics engine. Those who preordered the PC digital download of Battlefield 3 (through Origin), or purchased the limited/Tier 1 edition of Medal of Honor will enjoy even earlier access to the BF3 beta on September 27.

Downloading the free beta will be simple. You'll just need to access the PlayStation Network store, Xbox 360 marketplace, or Origin on PC. You must use Origin to download the beta on PC.

To keep things fair, stats accumulated during the beta will not transition over when the game goes live, but you will be able to keep the name you used when registering. EA/DICE noted that the open beta is limited to residents of North America, South America, Europe, South Africa, Australia, and New Zealand.

Source: http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-20110334-1/battlefield-3-open-beta-lands-next-week/?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20

Who's planning on participating?

Well I was planning on participating, until I made the stupidest decision and sold MOH Limited Edition to GameStop, then I figured out that I deleted all my MOH Limited Edition data which included the beta. I'm such a fail. :(

You'll still be able to get in the beta. The article says that MoH Limited Edition owners will have access to the beta on the 27th while everyone else will get it on the 29th.

Parker

Eh, I'd like to join, but then again I wanna finish my other games (since I know for sure that I probably will get absorbed by this beta.) I'll give it a try I guess :unsure: Do you guys know how to give feedback? On battlefield.com it said that we could give feedback on the beta.

opp sorry after a good read and a friend telling me this is available to all like battlefield bad company 2 one was in that case i will be defiantly getting it. How i cannot wait for the full game but its gonna be epic Battlefields are my most Favourite ps3 games

So even though I deleted all of the game data from MOH, I will still be able to participate?

Yes sir. The article said the MoH people have access to the beta right now, but on the 29th it will be available for everyone to download, even those that never touched Medal of Honor.

Parker

• Like 1