Dreams Early Access coming in April 16

SuperSmash5U

For those of us who all but forgot about Media Molecule's latest title, Dreams, they announced that you can pay $29.99 on the PSN store for an early access toolkit for Dreams which will be released on April 16 and, when the true game is released much later with the story mode, you don't have to pay any extra money for it if you have early access. They are doing this to get as many people in to start making games in the engine.

For me I will get the early access. I have this idea bouncing in my head for a game based on my favorite books - all of them involving cats helping humans solve murder mysteries - and from what the trailer showed, I think I can make it work. ^_^

• Like 1

I am kind of curious as to how far you can go with this.
Don't know if it is in the games realm of possibility but would like to try and use dragons if you can create those or not would prefer making one playable, but if not I probably could work around it.
Even I can't use them still going to try the game though.

1 minute ago, Nightstream88 said:

I am kind of curious as to how far you can go with this.
Don't know if it is in the games realm of possibility but would like to try and use dragons if you can create those or not would prefer making one playable, but if not I probably could work around it.
Even I can't use them still going to try the game though.

The game will let you use dragons, you just have to create them from scratch. There will be plenty of tutorials on how to create stuff in the game so it shouldn't be too much of a problem. I am just eager to get started on my cat detective game when the early access comes out. ;)

I'm here before Mm adds a trophy called "50 Unique Dreamers" where you’ll need 50 players to dream your dream.

Edited by Skeptical69

7 hours ago, Skeptical69 said:

I'm here before Mm adds a trophy called "50 Unique Dreamers" where you need 50 players dream your dream.

I wouldn't put it beyond Mm to add a BS trophy like that. That's why I never platinumed the LittleBigPlanet series. LBP1 and 2 were just complete BS with the online trophies. :(

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just got this and it look really cool. Alot of creators share their created stuff for you to use. So you dont have to make a wizard with movement and all from scratch, you can use someone elses wizard if you like and create a game with the wizard in it. 

So if someone create a dragon, you can use that for your game. Or create your own dragon if you like.

When you go into someones dream/game, you can see which items they used, so the proper creator get some love for making it :) 

A cool concept which will help people who got great ideas for games, but arent that talented of making characters from scratch, to make their dream come true. 

And no trophies yet, guess they will release with the actual game :)