Ulitimate Comrades offline build (without buff)

Terminus124

Hi, I've finally decided to complete Comrades dlc trophies before playing Ardyn's episode. Haven't updated the game yet so I still have Comrades - but can't play online, obviously. Chances of getting the buff by Cid appearing and cooking are miserable - happened to me like twice and he cooked only 20% buff food, so I'm thinking I'll try to craft stuff without the buff. I played very little online before it got closed so I have enough ingredients to buy 10% buff from the store - which is almost nothing.

I've seen Dragon Whisker guides and how to do them but all of them require 30% buff. Would it be possible to obtain all the trophies without it/with 10%? Wouldn't I be too underpowered by the endgame? I've just finished the base part of the game, defeated Bahamuth so I think I still have long road ahead of me. Got around 250 strength and defense stats but that's not enough for 40+ level enemies.

Would appreciate any tips, want to finish it asap. ?

Started playing Comrades on Friday (finally found a physical Royal Edition on my local store since they disappeared once they dropped to the same price as the normal version, all I see on stores is the Final Fantasy XV Day One Edition). Just finished fighting Ifrit (the boss needed for the final sigil) now all I have left is to beat the mission where we play as the main games characters.

You can beat the game without any buffs (the only buff I even took advantage off was just the drop buff when cooking and it was just to see if it helped when I was farming for materials). The build I followed was one I found on the Steam Forum of the game where it used two Dragon Whiskers and a Dancing Daggers at level 120. I only followed that build to half and I was able to clear the game with it (by half I mean that I only fully upgraded one Dragon Whisker, the one with the lifedrain power, and left the Daggers and the other one at around level 52 and 33 since I didn't have enough materials for them).

Spoiler

vnfjGU0.jpg

You can follow one of Dragon Whiskers builds available but since they rely on the Cid buff you have to do take in consideration that the weapons won't be as strong and that you have to do one change to the material formula. The change depends on the stats you would get when levelling the Corsesca (the Dragon Whisker is the weapons third form) to level 30. In order for Corsesca to transform into Harpoon (the second form before Dragon Whisker) when it reaches level 30 all the stats to the right of the HP value must be above 20. The problem is that the builds I found sacrifice the 2 rightmost stats (the Magic and Spirit) so they use the minimum number of materials needed to reach those values. When I followed the build I ended with those stats at 18, just 2 points missing for the weapon to transform so what I did was replace one of the strength/stamina materials to a material that gives those two points and then I was able to follow the rest of the build.

I was able to clear the game and the only mission I had trouble with is the one where you have to fight Yojimbo and two devil-like monsters while preventing Goblins from escaping and the reason why I had a hard time was because the AI just ignores the Goblins so you have to stop them yourself but it's hard when the game lock-on system doesn't lock in time or locks to the wrong monster.

• Like 2

For the original comrades, I did 4 honebamis, just dumping whatever +str materials I had. It wasn't even optimum stuff, I think it was mostly chrome bit (? The one you can buy the gives +2 str).

At this point, though, if you're not going to grind for the +30% buff, I would recommend not to bother crafting good equipment. You'll want to save your better materials for when you switch to the new version and can buy the buff, so that you don't need to grind them again.

Thank you both for the tips! In the end, after upgrading two Dragon Whiskers it wasn't that difficult, not even time consuming considering the amount of materials I'd need to grind to get them overpowered like in that Steam guide. Instead I went with lazier build.

This were my final stats. I'm writing it in case anybody else wants to know what's still easily doable and to comprehend how overpowered that Steam guide's gear is.

Ifrit fight - only thing I changed from gear below was sigil - to Fierce's Rampage. This way I warp striked him to death without going under 5300/6574HP. Basically you need to have high fire resistance and spend as little time on the ground as possible. While warp striking with the sigil you're invincible. Teammates died instantly, I took largest damage during his first form when he hit me with sword. Other than that his missiles were annoying but later two forms were only a matter of patience.

ALL the other fights I wasn't changing anything, only gradually upgrading this gear:

2 Dragon Whiskers, one level 99, one 109 - 109 was with Penetrator X and Lifedrain II - used only it after I got the powers

2 Black Prince shields, remnants of early game overpowered gear from some other guide, both level 70

Tall's sigil Aura - it gives 70% bonus damage, incredibly helpful and replaces attack spell with attack buff.

Final stats (with Aura equipped):

Level 46, health 5259, attack 1433 and vitality only 499, didn't care about the rest except fire resistance (92%) for Ifrit

To upgrade weapons I used whatever I had but bought 20 of sinister sharpscales and curved hollowhorns from Norduscean Garrison's shop (you have to unlock it by appointing some person as leader and pick it from the options). Very helpful to boost damage stat.

Quite lame compared to what the game offers but usable nonetheless. Steam's is crazy overpowered unless you want to defeat Ifrit fair and square. If somebody's reading this, preparing for the grind, hope it helps a bit.

All that remains for me is to get 1 mil kW trophy and I can finally go play Ardyn's episode!

Edited by Terminus124
Grammar
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...
7 minutes ago, GardenOfSouls said:

Nice tips, I'm working my way to beat Ifrit now. Which quest you farm after, to reach 999.999 KW?

I'd recommend just buying meteorite shards from the NPC (the guy who gives you fishing sidequests in the main game) who sells them old lestalum.  Otherwise the fastest way to do it is Robosurrection which gives 6.1K power for about 3-5 Minutes of the fight. 

• Like 1