Save Data Corruption Warning

Sunflower

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 03/05/2019 at 10:30 PM, Kazkari said:

Yeah I've been having issues with the crashing, it seems to be when you go back to the character select screen, its never happened anywhere else. I'm glad I seen this topic before playing Canaan's Scenario. 

Btw do you think this is an issue with European copies? 

Yeah I had the same problem when finishing a character's story in a time block too, then when forced to pick another at the selection screen it would crash roughly every 2 time blocks.

Possibly! Two that had the same problem were also from the EU, not sure about the others. I noticed some people on the Steam version also had identical issues as well. 

31 minutes ago, Tali said:

Yeah I had the same problem when finishing a character's story in a time block too, then when forced to pick another at the selection screen it would crash roughly every 2 time blocks.

Possibly! Two that had the same problem were also from the EU, not sure about the others. I noticed some people on the Steam version also had identical issues as well. 

You can make that three. I also had to replay everything up to Canaans route because my file got corrupted. Also with the German/European Disc-Version.

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 11 months later...

After experiencing corrupt saves in AI: Somnium Files earlier this year during a particular section (thankfully very easy to fix/avoid, thanks to the autosave and manual saves), as well as other save file weirdness in some other games (e.g. Shenmue remasters), I've been a little paranoid about starting games now without first looking into them to see if there's any known issues with save corruption. Many thanks for bringing this issue to light, I'll be sure to back up my save before this scenario, and just often in general.

From what I gather, it seems this VN only has a single autosave? With presumably no manual save option? Kinda sucks, I like rotating between 2-5 manual saves for reasons such as this, it's definitely saved me having to replay large chunks of a game a few times in the past when saves have corrupted/deleted themselves due to a game crashing/freezing while it was autosaving (mostly experienced this in Bethesda and Bioware games).

Edit: Just finished the problematic scenario in question. All seemed fine, when I clicked "load game" after it finished and took me back to the menu, it did crash immediately after loading, which gave me a mini heart attack, but thankfully my save seems to be okay. Did back it up beforehand, but the scenario was surprisingly long and with a VN that doesn't have skipping/fast forward, it would still be a pain getting back to that point.

Other than that, the game has only crashed on me once previously.

Edited by SuperSmexy500

• 3 months later...

Wow I didn't know about this. Glad I chanced upon this thread, no talk about this in other forums.  I'll put a mental note on that chapter and make USB and Cloud saves just to be safe... cheers folks!

EDIT: 29.08.2021 - The OP is talking about POST-GAME content, so no one has to worry if this bug affects the main game.  It unlocks after finishing the game with both Normal and Good Endings.

EDIT: 01.09.2021 - NO crash/data corruption for me. I went through the episode without incident. In fact I just set it to auto via :touchpad: and got bored with this long ass uneventful story. Left the console on and went to bed, got up and trophy was there waiting for me to sync... I played it on the UK Digital version.

Edited by Eispan
v1.2 clarifications...
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...