The Pursuit of 100% Completion Profile

8 minutes ago, Wild-Arms-R said:

Follow to my last post, but does 100% count if you have hidden trophies as well?

Coming from an OG trophy hunter, back when Sony was hit and miss with the time stamps, I believe in the idea that if it’s your profile, then you should make your own rules.  No matter how arbitrary.  If you want to go for 100% or 1%, no one cares about your profile more than you do.  If you want to play games that are clearly made to shamelessly exploit the trophy hunting community, (I’m talking to you My Name is Mayo) it’s your hard earned money and your choice.  I choose to 100% because, anything less for me, would be uncivilized.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, jpmelville said:

Coming from an OG trophy hunter, back when Sony was hit and miss with the time stamps, I believe in the idea that if it’s your profile, then you should make your own rules.  No matter how arbitrary.  If you want to go for 100% or 1%, no one cares about your profile more than you do.  If you want to play games that are clearly made to shamelessly exploit the trophy hunting community, (I’m talking to you My Name is Mayo) it’s your hard earned money and your choice.  I choose to 100% because, anything less for me, would be uncivilized.

I agree actually, only person should compare is you vs yourself.

With that said there is still kind of a un spoken rule what a 100% should have to count(at least according to some of the community.

23 hours ago, jpmelville said:

People need to understand their limits. If you managed to keep a 100% profile all these years, then I respect you. But taking a quick glance at your profile, you didn't finish ICO which has that terrible speedrun trophy, and you didn't finish New York Minute Hardcore in Max Payne 3, which is exceptionally hard due to you having to play a three hour playthrough in one sitting. Those were probably your limits, just like people who won't do Mein Leben in Wolfenstein II because they feel it is a complete waste of time. For others, they want to be challenged, and aim to complete Mein Leben difficulty. There is nothing wrong with either decision.

I see a lot of people with a high completion rate who couldn't finish Challenge 6 in Vanquish. On the flip side, there are plenty of good profiles in the 40 - 50 percent completion percentage range with some notable series completed, such as Need for Speed.

I have over 97% completion, and even if I had no unobtainables, I have no intention of finishing absolutely everything on my profile because I absolutely have no desire to. You did the Doomsday Heist DLC in Grand Theft Auto V, and that's about where my limits are set because I absolutely hate having to rely on other people to do well, so to speak. It's why I still haven't and will probably never finish Assassin's Creed Brotherhood on the PS3, not only because it's an old game on an old console but those online trophies are absolute bollocks.

Finding what you're good at, what you enjoy and sticking with it is how I keep my motivation up when I trophy hunt.

• Like 2