The Pursuit of 100% Completion Profile

Yeah, patiently waiting for the site to update due to the name change. You can search on homepage for MrTrofyHuntr. I believe I have around 15 games or so...I just started Days Gone. Only missing Plats I need are Days Gone, Battlefront I, and Battlefront II. The rest are DLC and some I dread revisiting :)

• Like 1

The thought of a 100% complete still still lingers in my brain, even though for the moment it's 100% (lol) impossible now with the closure of the Twisted Metal servers. It's why I keep going back to games like Soul Sacrifice and Grand Kingdom, even though I'm getting NOTHING out of them in terms of enjoyment or inspiration.

As it is now though, a 100% completion profile would only be satisfying if it was comprised entirely of games I wanted to play, or did the things mentioned above.

But hey, if you can make it work, go for it!

• Like 3

Good luck on your mission - i used to have this mind set starting to trend away from it.
DLC can be upsetting.
you will need to read up about the game before hand to see if there is any miss-able trophies. or glitched ones...
The stress can be there too if the game HARD or GRIND or Time Trail.
All in all if it is what you want then go get it ?

• Like 2

I'm close to 100% completion (currently 98.24% with 106 unearned trophies across 6 games), but I'm not sure if I'll be able to do better than 99.9% due to the Doomsday Heist trophies in GTA V. At least the online is unlikely to go down for years so I've got plenty of time to practice those heists over and over again. :lol:

Good luck on getting 100% completion, MrTrofyHuntr. 

• Like 3

I don't have enough time in the world to go for %100 I have about 100 games started on this profile (most hidden just so my profile isn't so messy) Some games are just so shit that I have started I just can't bring myself to finish them or some have trophies so hard it would take me forever just to get good enough to achieve them.  I think seeing more ultra rares on a persona profile is way more impressive than % complete.

• Like 1

I have a 100% completion and I just recently finished my 50th game ?, I don't know why but it gives me satisfaction seeing my profile at 100%, The most difficult ones I got are Overwatch and GTA Online.

Good luck on your journey.

• Like 2

I would love a 100% profile but I would have to limit myself to be playing games I know I can only 100%, and there are wayyy too many games to just enjoy that i know I would never could 100%. Now before someone say, "you could play those on a different profile", but then...whats the real point in really a 100% profile? anyways I'll shut it since you probably don't feel what im saying...

I kind of stopped caring about the 100% completion on profile when I realized getting 100% on Uncharted 3 on PS3 would have required 200 hours of grinding. Then I started TxK, a game I thoroughly enjoyed on Vita, but didn't know it had glitched trophies, so I completely stopped caring from that point on.

I still have fun getting trophies for the games I like, and try to platinum/100%ing them if they're not too tedious or grindy. I look at them as a nice addition to the games, not as the main reason for playing them.

Nope, I'm certainly not. Currently on about 38% game completion with over 7000 unearned trophies, lol.

For me, life's too short to to play games I'm tired of, or don't like, and I don't keep games now anyway, I give them away or trade them in.

I do admire people dedicated to any task, but if ever the chase loses its fun factor I'd urge you to break free and just play what you enjoy.

I’m aiming for 100% but I don’t want it padded with a load of shit easy games just to keep it that way. I only play games I enjoy and if I think it’s too hard to get the plat I’ll play on a blank account first. I won’t touch anything that has unobtainable trophies. Beating Super Meat Boy made me realise that with practice and determination anything can be achieved. To me being a trophy hunter means hunting the hard trophies as well as the easy ones. If ever I lose my 100% I won’t stress out too much but I will definitely be in that top 90% complete.

• Like 2

I'm absolutely not doing this, as it harms the games in two ways:

• I'd avoid potentially great games because I didn't want to do their awful trophies, or
  • I'd do them, and then I'd hate those games in the end

Also I receive review copies, sometimes for games that I have not much interest in playing for hundreds of hours, so there's that. And of course, I have a lot of impossible lists on my profile already.

Sometimes I think about doing a secondary account for my absolutely favorite games, for a 100% profile, but that's mostly because I'd like to replay them. A 100% profile does not spark joy for me.

• Like 2

As much as I'd love to have a 100% profile it's not my goal due to two main reasons.
The first being that it's impossible for me, I have Dragon Fin Soup which has a max percent of 80% due to couple of glitched trophies and also Tetris Ultimate that seems to have an issue with one trophy. 
The other reason is I cared less about it over the years, now I strive (if possible) to complete game sets or ultra rare trophies and plats (with some easy ones from time to time). i.e working currently to have all 25 assassin's creed trophy sets (I don't count one because I don't have a vita). I actually did this kind of marathon not too long ago with God of War.

But at the end of the day you do you, and all I can say is good luck with that 100% profile.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, PhoenixIKN said:

The other reason is I cared less about it over the years, now I strive (if possible) to complete game sets 

I'm doing this as well, this is a solid compromise for a 100%-like mindset. Did this with Ratchet & Clank (all games, all platforms), and then with From Software games (since then I'm missing Dark Souls Remastered and Sekiro), currently aiming for Resident Evil, but that seems to be impossible.