'You Win!' Didn't Unlock

tylerh1701

• 2 months later...

Same problem :(

Edit: After trying 3 times the trophy wasnt unlocking so i checked the archievements in game and the you win was unlocked...

I download my save file before the boss to make sure the "you win" wasn't unlocked in game and after winning the fight i finally got the trophy

So to make you sure its worth uploading your save before the final fight to avoid that

Edited by DnS_No_scope

• 2 weeks later...

I used cross save to get this trophy.

Delete your save file then start the game, it will automatically download your save file and reset in game achievements. Then load your save and defeat the final boss again and the trophy will pop.

Edited by z-Blazee
  • Like 3

On 7.8.2019 at 6:42 AM, z-Blazee said:

I used cross save to get this trophy.

Delete your save file then start the game, it will automatically download your save file and reset in game achievements. Then load your save and defeat the final boss again and the trophy will pop.

That actually helped. Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

This is still an issue. Just got this problem myself, unfortunately the safe file I can go back to is from ages ago, so it'll probably be a new playthrough for me.

Still have to do a couple of trophies anyway, but it's something to look out for. Make sure to save before the final battle and backup that save just in case.

I've tried reaching out to the dev about this issue. I'm waiting for his response.

Edit: No response yet, but there is a way to retry popping this trophy as described before in this thread. I'll elaborate a bit more because it was not immediately clear to me how to go about it.

If you have a save near the end (regardless wheather the "you win!' in-game achievement is unlocked or not. I only had a save with it already unlocked):

• close the game
  • backup your save
  • delete your save
  • start the game, this will initiate a cross save load. All the in-game achievements are reset, but your save games are pulled from the cross save.
  • select continue from the main menu and finish the game

It looks like your save games are stored on their cross save server (and will always be downloaded), while the in-game achievements are not.

Just obtained the trophy this way.

Edited by Ric
  • Like 2

• 11 months later...

Just came across this somewhat old topic, and remembered that the dev did get back to me eventually. I contacted him august 2019, and he replied december 2019. 

He said he was aware of the issue and he'd have it fixed for the next patch.

Just thought I'd share this in case anyone is interested :).

• 1 year later...
On 8/2/2020 at 4:30 AM, Ric said:

Just came across this somewhat old topic, and remembered that the dev did get back to me eventually. I contacted him august 2019, and he replied december 2019. 

He said he was aware of the issue and he'd have it fixed for the next patch.

Yet the patch never came. :(

• Like 2

11 hours ago, zizimonster said:

Yet the patch never came. :(

It looks that way. Luckily there is a (somewhat convoluted way) to obtain the trophy, so it's not a total loss. The dev seems to have just moved on to his next projects.

You can always try asking him if you're still interested in a fix for it. You can find his email/twitter/IG at  http://unepicfran.com/en/news.html

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
2 hours ago, Harrowed23 said:

I tried the cross-save method two or three times and it didn't work. In my last and succesful attempt I changed the difficulty from medium to easy and that seemed to do the trick.

I actually gave up on this trophy after... let's say, a dozen (at the very least) attempts and downgrading to easy wouldn't even be in my ideas list - that's for sure. But I read your post earlier today and thought  "well, I never..." so I tried it. Turned out to be it actually worked! Thank you for letting us know!

• 3 months later...

I'm sure someone would have mentioned if the patch was ever released. It's a shame, as I was very interested in this game, and I didn't think it would ever be on sale. But I find it difficult to support a developer that says they are going to release a patch to fix an issue, and then it never happens.

• Like 2