VA-11 Hall A trophy thoughts & discussions

K_Groove_NL

An absolute gem, Va-11 Hall-a. :] One of my favorite VNs, full stop.

Do be aware that the game, like Jill's mixes, comes chill - it thrives on its dialogue, the variable natives and visitors to Glitch City. I dove headlong into that. It's just so much more of a "people say" than a "people do" in its events, as a heads-up for those curious. ^^ Absolutely phenomenal soundtrack, to boot, rich in both instrumentation and melodies. I listen to it on the regular to this day.

Nothing tricky with the trophies bar, as mentioned, the shmup mini-game. Available guides cover the scope of the piece; I myself followed the following: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1327548326

Cheers to all who wind up relishing this gem on PS4~! o/

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Model Warrior Julianne took me like 2 hours on Vita, and 30 minutes on PS4 after being familiar.

Lower right safe zone works for both versions despite PS4's looking like you're gonna make contact.

I usually get ready to leave after I see a snake like formation with 2 reds at its end. Followed by another 1 using only greens.

Eventually flooding the screen, but once done disperse leaving more than enough space to reach left center.

Just keep shooting at all times, and try focusing your sight not on green enemies but around Julianne...unless red waves show up. Just taking out 1 of them during these final phases makes a difference.

This silly mini game has no i frames when hit to at least offer a chance to survive or escape traps. Meaning if you're caught by a big string of orbs(mostly caused by reds), then there's a chance it could wipeout out all 3 hearts.

1 thing I found weird was how Vita let you shot holding :cross: or :r1:, but PS4 only uses :cross:.

IMO :r1: felt more comfy and offered better positioning to properly navigate Julianne.

I kinda noticed the boss can be more persistent in Vita, but on PS4 her orb phases feel more tame.

Actually got confused when I saw soo many openings towards the right side, where I could just hog it and pick my attempts during her slower showers.

Regardless it honestly wasn't that hard, like I was anticipating it to be.

On 6/7/2020 at 5:57 AM, DarknessKey92 said:

Model Warrior Julianne took me like 2 hours on Vita, and 30 minutes on PS4 after being familiar.

Lower right safe zone works for both versions despite PS4's looking like you're gonna make contact.

I usually get ready to leave after I see a snake like formation with 2 reds at its end. Followed by another 1 using only greens.

Eventually flooding the screen, but once done disperse leaving more than enough space to reach left center.

Just keep shooting at all times, and try focusing your sight not on green enemies but around Julianne...unless red waves show up. Just taking out 1 of them during these final phases makes a difference.

This silly mini game has no i frames when hit to at least offer a chance to survive or escape traps. Meaning if you're caught by a big string of orbs(mostly caused by reds), then there's a chance it could wipeout out all 3 hearts.

1 thing I found weird was how Vita let you shot holding :cross: or :r1:, but PS4 only uses :cross:.

IMO :r1: felt more comfy and offered better positioning to properly navigate Julianne.

I kinda noticed the boss can be more persistent in Vita, but on PS4 her orb phases feel more tame.

Actually got confused when I saw soo many openings towards the right side, where I could just hog it and pick my attempts during her slower showers.

Regardless it honestly wasn't that hard, like I was anticipating it to be.

Ah, that minigame is what made VA-11 HALL-A a 3/10, but will be dependent on your skill. It's basically eye of the needle, where you have to avoid bullets at a much confined space.

On 6/11/2020 at 4:36 AM, BadRep24 said:

Ah, that minigame is what made VA-11 HALL-A a 3/10, but will be dependent on your skill. It's basically eye of the needle, where you have to avoid bullets at a much confined space.

Yup! Eventually orb patterns become visible with minor waves having a slight alteration by red/s. Which you just have to adapt on the fly.

I think they give enough time to move about tho, but at certain occasions either navigate slow or back to properly squeeze through.

If you're about to get trapped by a mass spread, I'd at least recommend tanking 1 orb in apposed to getting all 3 whiped out there.

I was able to beat the boss without getting hit on both versions, so going in with 2 hearts is fine IMO.

8 hours ago, DarknessKey92 said:

Yup! Eventually orb patterns become visible with minor waves having a slight alteration by red/s. Which you just have to adapt on the fly.

I think they give enough time to move about tho, but at certain occasions either navigate slow or back to properly squeeze through.

If you're about to get trapped by a mass spread, I'd at least recommend tanking 1 orb in apposed to getting all 3 whiped out there.

I was able to beat the boss without getting hit on both versions, so going in with 2 hearts is fine IMO.

The only strat I had was to literally peer at the screen and look for a possible opening, because they tend to mess shit up for me in that shmup.

• 2 years later...

Cyberfunk and Living with Style seem both glitched for me and i did try seperate save slots aswell as backing out to the main menu then rebuying the table cloth and the wall to no avail.

EDIT: I did manage to get Cyberfunk after i did close the game entirely and then restart it but i also did play the prolouge before i attempted the trophy again.

As for LIving with Style i'll see if i can unlock it aswell given i did overwrite my day 17 save so i'm doing a NG+ run for it.

Edited by Tosmasta00