Claptrap collectibles suggestions

Anyone have any suggestions for grinding out the collectibles for the Claptrap DLC? I tried using several MINOC passive attempts (one was ducking behind several different rock locations, one was hiding inside the rock where they never see you, the other was to just keep dying overnight) and I've only managed to snag maybe 2 collectibles from running my PS4 overnight. I recalled being able to do this on my 360 originally, but it seems they may have patched it as even running over night I only see maybe 20 items to try and pick up.

So far the best I've seen is to grind the junk yard area, rinse and repeat. The junkyard usually gets about 1-2 collectibles each run which is livable except for the fact that I've not gotten in bobble traps in the last 15-20 runs. I think I might have 3 or 4 bobble traps meaning I'm in for a very long grind currently.

• Like 1

Hey there, I actually just got these last night from farming MINAC. There is a chest inside of a little hut towards the back-right (from the entrance of the area) that when you open, you can hide behind and the kamikazes keep running in and blowing up in front of you. I left my PS4 running while I was at work and got almost everything except for the oil cans and bobble heads.

For those two, I just followed MINAC around with an SMG and as soon as he opened his doors, I'd just fire away. You can kill around 10 claptraps in just a few seconds with this method, just make sure to dodge his big eye laser and take out all of his turrets beforehand.

Good luck!

Edited by UrbanGoblin
  • Like 1

1) Shoot/kill all turrets/guns.

2)Run in front of MINAC and shoot the claptraps as theyre spawning, this spawns way more = way more drops = more chance of the stuff dropping. It sucks either way.

3) Rinse and repeat, then when you wanna collect safely just kill and collect.

• Like 1

Thanks for the suggestions. I tried the rushing to killing the claptraps as they spawn but my weapons aren't quite up to snuff to one shot them consistenly. I guess I'll go level up a bit and try and get a slightly better gun to take them out quickly.

Thanks for the suggestions about grinding close to the exploding claptrap doors on IMAC. I ended up finding a good high damage high mag assault rifle and was able to kill them as they came out for rapid spawns. Last night I finished up the Oil Can and the pizza collectible trophies and got 5 bobble heads. Combined with the few bobble heads I got previously I'd say I'm more than half way to the bobble head trophy, so hopefully one more night of farming and then I can grind out levels and work on the Raid Boss trophy.

Man leaving the door open for the multiple chest reward for completing the Claptrap DLC allows easy farming of high quality gear. Guess since it was the last dlc they didn't mind people being able to farm the chests easily compared to Knoxx where you could only legit do it 3 times.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Farming MINAC’s Kamikaze Claptraps is definitely the best option. I started by manually killing all the claptraps to come out of MINAC and even though this is the fastest method, it’s very cumbersome and gets boring quickly. That, and I kept getting triggered at how many times I’d accidentally die from getting run over and end up losing $4-500K for it. After a while I said screw it, and went with the other method where you wedge yourself between the bus and rock and leave the game running. It takes longer to accumulate loot, but on the bright side you can go do something else in the meantime. I tried leaving it on as I went to bed but two nights in a row when I’d come back to check and see what happened, I found that the game crashed. I guess this is because too many items were being dropped by the claptraps and the game was having a hard time registering them. Therefore, I recommend collecting all the dropped loot every 3-4 hours or so because it seems that if you wait too long the game will crash, and you’ll lose all that progress. I’m on a base 2016 PS4 (not the Slim) FYI.