PlayStation 4 Interface Wishlist

BigPete7978

While we have seen some footage of what the upcoming PlayStation 4 interface will look like, but there are definitely still some surprises most likely in store for us. Use this thread to discuss what you would like to see, and as a wishlist of what you think should be implemented. 

My Wishlist

• More Social Integration - while I know this isn't for everyone, and I agree it should be optional, it adds a lot to games IMO. Add the ability to integrate sites like Twitter, Facebook, Google Plus, etc. Even more so than already done with Facebook on the PS3. This includes sharing the videos/screenshots to the social networks if you choose to. 
  • Better PSN Profiles - from the looks of the video it looks as if we will have better profiles. But I am still listing it here, because when you look at platforms like Steam or XBL, it allows for more customization. With the better social integration it would tie in here as well if it showed which social networks we have linked to our accounts. 
  • Instant Trophy Sync - this by far is one of the biggest annoyances to me. Yes I have PS Plus, have had it since day one. But to even compare trophies with friends it automatically begins the trophy sync before I can do so. Highly annoying, especially when it takes quite some time. Also when other platforms like Steam and XBL are instant in reflecting what you have earned within a game. 
  • Ability To Separate Full Digital Titles And PSN Digital Titles - yes you can currently organize your games on the XMB, but I would like to be able to organize it even more. Such as separating the PSN titles from the full digital releases off of the PSN. 
  • Delete 0% Trophy History - this should already be implemented IMO. You should be able to take off titles that are at 0% from your PSN profile. 
  • Allow For In Game Amount Of Time Played - small request, but still should be allowed I think. Sites our there like here and Raptr track your trophies yes, but it would be nice to allow for it to track how long you have played the title, like Raptr is able to do with the Xbox 360, but can't do with the PS3. 
  • Full Cross Game Chat - yes it was already announced, but I am putting this on here because I cannot remember if it is full cross game chat, or something different. 
  • Some Form Of Trade In Credit For Disc Based Games Towards Digital Titles - there have been a lot of statements that the PS4 will be able to play PS3 games via the cloud, but what about gamers that have gotten a huge library of physical titles over the course of this generation? They will be out of luck. There should be a way to trade in a physical copy some how and get credit towards a digital copy of the same game. This is something a lot of gamers wanted to see with the PSPgo, but it never happened, and it probably would've sold better if it did. 
  • Faster OS - yes I know it is going to be there, but I am still listing it. I am hoping the PS4 is a lot faster if it is to have all of these features. It will need to be. Because there are times when attempting to do simple tasks, such as accessing the PS Store, where my PS3 begins to go extremely slow. 

This is all that I can think of off the top of my head of what I would like to see implemented on the PlayStation 4. As I come up with more things I will like to see I will add them here. Feel free to comment on items off of the wish list for discussion or post what you would like to see with the PS4. 

-Better PSN profiles

-Instant trophy sync

-Delete 0% trophy history

-Allow for in-game amount of time played

These would be really nice things to have, but other than that, I don't really care about the user interface. As long as it's clean and accessible, I'm happy. 

I can think of one thing I really hope not to have. The countless advertisements seen on the Xbox Dashboard. That would be wretched  :angry:  

.More detail in psn profiles 

.Faster...much faster which should happen since they reserved 3 cores just for background management

.Instant trophy sync I guess its just inconvenient

.Cross game/private chat

Anything else would be a bonus for me personally and most of those 'wishes' have already been confirmed. 

• Allow For In Game Amount Of Time Played - small request, but still should be allowed I think. Sites our there like here and Raptr track your trophies yes, but it would be nice to allow for it to track how long you have played the title, like Raptr is able to do with the Xbox 360, but can't do with the PS3. 

This would be an excellent addition.

From what I've seen the point I'm about to make will happen... I would like a news feed feel to the dashboard, so that I can see what my friends have done recently such as videos and maybe status updates? I know it sounds very Facebook/twitter like, but a gaming version of those two would be very decent!

The trade in credit is a good idea but the likelihood of people getting the ps3 games is quite slim I think, we will be so busy with ps4 titles by then we won't even care!