System data corrupted?

Kevvik

I've really been enjoying this but I can't move forward in it anymore.

Every time I complete a game now, the game goes to an endless black screen. I think I'm going to have to wipe and restart afresh if I'm going to finish this unless anyone has any ideas?

Tried that. Probably should have been clearer on my troubleshooting efforts up front. Deleted the game data, keeping my save, reinstalled, started a new game, played through, watched the end sequence and then endless black screen again rather than my constellation page.

I think I'm screwed on this.

I'd try two avenues from this point. 1) check for the developer to have a twitter/facebook page and leave a post on their pages about the problem. Developer page contacts at bottom You'd be more than likely to get a response from them, if they give a damn, than any other way. 2) call up Sony at 1-800-345-SONY and sit the hours on hold to present the problem to them on the matter. Nevertheless, I'd try real hard on option #1 first...

Edited by PSXtreme_

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, starcrunch061 said:

So, a little late, but just to be sure: was this happening in multi-player games? Remember that if two players end up with the same constellation at the end of the game, the whole game crashes.

Wasn't aware of that problem. That could be the problem as I was trying to get the complicated constellations by manipulating my characters that way.  I thought if my characters had the same traits that I would have a couple get the single trait ones but the combination would go to a 3rd. Do I just have to hope for bullshit luck in getting the complicated personality ones?

1 hour ago, Kevvik said:

Wasn't aware of that problem. That could be the problem as I was trying to get the complicated constellations by manipulating my characters that way.  I thought if my characters had the same traits that I would have a couple get the single trait ones but the combination would go to a 3rd. Do I just have to hope for bullshit luck in getting the complicated personality ones?

It's best to play with 3 players. Since no constellation requires more than two traits, you can get all three players to have those two traits. For example, say that all 3 players have seduction and cunning. One player will get the constellation for seduction, one will get the constellation for cunning, and one will get the constellation for both.

On the other hand, if all three players have a single trait (say, seduction), the game will crash, because it doesn't allow for two people to end up with the same constellation at the end.

That's what I had been doing when all the endgame crashing stated happening to me.  I was setting everyone up for brave and something else thinking that way but it wouldn't go to the constellations afterward. I'll keep trying rather than start over and see if I can tweak it slightly to get it to work.

• 1 month later...
On 8/30/2019 at 0:17 PM, Kevvik said:

That's what I had been doing when all the endgame crashing stated happening to me.  I was setting everyone up for brave and something else thinking that way but it wouldn't go to the constellations afterward. I'll keep trying rather than start over and see if I can tweak it slightly to get it to work.

Did it work out? I didn't have any trouble with it once I figured out that little thing. 

There are still some crashes that will likely happen with some trophies (e.g. when you have to finish a game with 4 of the same character, if you're playing by yourself, it is unlikely that you will have much variation in traits). However, even if the game crashes, those trophies should still pop.

On October 4, 2019 at 0:02 PM, starcrunch061 said:

Did it work out? I didn't have any trouble with it once I figured out that little thing. 

There are still some crashes that will likely happen with some trophies (e.g. when you have to finish a game with 4 of the same character, if you're playing by yourself, it is unlikely that you will have much variation in traits). However, even if the game crashes, those trophies should still pop.

Yes, it seems to be working though I'm having little luck with getting new constellations. I did what guides said about beating the final boss with the weakness de-buff the kid gives me at the end but the Groupie trophy didn't pop. Is this another where I have to get him to show up at my camp earlier on in the game after saying how brave I am? I find those to be fairly finicky (Maenad giving me problems as well) and people don't show all the time.

On 10/5/2019 at 1:38 PM, Kevvik said:

Yes, it seems to be working though I'm having little luck with getting new constellations. I did what guides said about beating the final boss with the weakness de-buff the kid gives me at the end but the Groupie trophy didn't pop. Is this another where I have to get him to show up at my camp earlier on in the game after saying how brave I am? I find those to be fairly finicky (Maenad giving me problems as well) and people don't show all the time.

I think that's all wrong about the Groupie trophy, or at least, that's not how I got it. I got it by talking to the boy in camp during one of the campfire events between missions. It popped immediately after he shared stories (I think it was when he was talking about being "brave", like you said). 

Maenad was an annoyance for me as well, mainly because I saw her in my first playthrough, but I didn't follow a guide, so I didn't get a trophy. It's very random across the board.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/27/2020 at 3:10 PM, IntroPhenom said:

So that The Celestial Map trophy is pretty darn rare.  Would anyone care to comment on why this is?

I mentioned this in another thread here (check post #5). You pretty much have to play with multiple players (three is the magic number), and while this can be done by re-assigning controllers, it is a REAL pain to do so.

• 2 years later...
On 5.10.2019 at 8:38 PM, Kevvik said:

I did what guides said about beating the final boss with the weakness de-buff the kid gives me at the end but the Groupie trophy didn't pop.

For the Groupie trophy I found a YouTube video that works perfectly:

and btw where the hack did you find the info "about beating the final boss with the weakness de-buff the kid gives" you, @Kevvik PLEASE!?

That "Glitch Ending" shows other platforms main menu, where you have an online multiplayer option we are missing desperately for PSN

Edited by theGoon44
correction
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, theGoon44 said:

For the Groupie trophy I found a YouTube video that works perfectly

and btw where the hack did you find the info "about beating the final boss with the weakness de-buff the kid gives" you, @Kevvik PLEASE!?

I can’t remember for sure where I saw it, I think it was in a steam guide but it has been a long time and it didn’t work when I did it (and that wasn’t easy either but the victory was pretty satisfying).  I’ll go back and try it this way and maybe try to work toward the plat again. 

If anyone has advice on strategies or paths to get some of the more complicated constellations it would be appreciated.

• Like 1

^^ thanks a lot for the quick response ^^

I love this game and was sure to come back to it after starting in 2019,

now it is just a few trophies I still miss and yeah, of course, any constellation tips are highly appreciated

for theology it is not necessary to beat the boss,

just managed to get it with two controllers and this team:

Songweaver / High Tribe and Sun Cultist / Dustfolk

I also called her Yin and him Yang, just to be sure

Edited by theGoon44
correction