Question about boosting?

So I have two PS4s and just ordered a 3rd (should be here today) and my question is, how easy is it to find each other in a lobby? If it is just me (a killer) searching for a lobby with my other two PS4s. Also do we have to be pretty close in rank to even find each other in a lobby?

Second Question:

Can we farm trophies on the same survivor over and over again? Like I can keep downing myself and picking myself up etc.. 

7 minutes ago, Atoya9 said:

It’s not easy to find yourself in lobby, it all depends on luck and ur skill rank should be close, I remember it took us nearly 30 mins+ and we didn’t find each other.

good luck

Hmmm we should try tonight when my other ps4 gets here

It really isn't the easy to find your own people in lobbies - in order to have the best possible chance would be have all of your accounts the same level. Even then you probably won't have an easy time.

49 minutes ago, SnipeBear_ said:

Can we farm trophies on the same survivor over and over again? Like I can keep downing myself and picking myself up etc.. 

Depends on the trophy - Most of them can be completed on a single survivor - some require different ones.

15 minutes ago, SwampGas said:

It really isn't the easy to find your own people in lobbies - in order to have the best possible chance would be have all of your accounts the same level. Even then you probably won't have an easy time.

Depends on the trophy - Most of them can be completed on a single survivor - some require different ones.

Okay I will try tonight! All I gotta do is find myself and it will be worth it I assume

9 minutes ago, SwampGas said:

Personal Opinion, I love the game and have played it for a while - totally just worth it to play it :)

I just sacrificed all 4 survivors using the 3 unique perks with hillbilly but no trophy. Is that not how you get a merciless? 

8 minutes ago, SnipeBear_ said:

whats double pip lol

After each game, you get a summary of your points, and one of those screens has 4 emblems. Those 4 emblems have 4 different colors from worst to best: bronze, silver, gold, and iridescent. The better you do in each category, the better the color. These colors also give you a value, which then leads to the second part of this discussion: the progression bar. This determines the points needed in order to increase your player rank. Each "pip" is essentially a point towards rank progression. You need to earn the pips in order to move to the next rank. You can find out a bit more details about all this here: https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Emblems. It's really stupid how the updated the rank system and the trophies without changing descriptions to said trophies. The survivor adept trophies allow you to just escape. For killers, it's a bit tougher, even more so if you're not a killer main.

Edited by i-kicked-a-brit
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, i-kicked-a-brit said:

After each game, you get a summary of your points, and one of those screens has 4 emblems. Those 4 emblems have 4 different colors from worst to best: bronze, silver, gold, and iridescent. The better you do in each category, the better the color. These colors also give you a value, which then leads to the second part of this discussion: the progression bar. This determines the points needed in order to increase your player rank. Each "pip" is essentially a point towards rank progression. You need to earn the pips in order to move to the next rank. You can find out a bit more details about all this here: https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Emblems. It's really stupid how the updated the rank system and the trophies without changing descriptions to said trophies. The survivor adept trophies allow you to just escape. For killers, it's a bit tougher, even more so if you're not a killer main.

lmaoo oh great. Of course its not easy ?

1 minute ago, SnipeBear_ said:

lmaoo oh great. Of course its not easy 1f602.png

It's only really hard if you're not a killer main. It used to be that you just have to sacrifice them. No ifs, and, or buts. The easiest time to get this is after rank reset (happens the 13th of every month) because you can drop down to the ranks where it's much easier to double-pip. The above is true especially if you're not a killer main. Also, after the rank reset the survivors tend to be really dumb. It's frustrating, but this will really lead you to learn the killer powers and how to perfect them. 

13 minutes ago, i-kicked-a-brit said:

It's only really hard if you're not a killer main. It used to be that you just have to sacrifice them. No ifs, and, or buts. The easiest time to get this is after rank reset (happens the 13th of every month) because you can drop down to the ranks where it's much easier to double-pip. The above is true especially if you're not a killer main. Also, after the rank reset the survivors tend to be really dumb. It's frustrating, but this will really lead you to learn the killer powers and how to perfect them. 

can I just throw games to drop rank?

9 minutes ago, SnipeBear_ said:

can I just throw games to drop rank?

You could, but I think you can only de-pip up until rank 16. You'd have to wait for rank reset to drop below 16. I think if Also it's a reportable offense... not that they actually review these things but just letting you know lol your best bet is to hover around that 15-16 rank and try your best.

19 hours ago, SnipeBear_ said:

I just sacrificed all 4 survivors using the 3 unique perks with hillbilly but no trophy. Is that not how you get a merciless? 

That is the correct way to do it - BUT, did you ONLY use his 3 Unique perks? Because if you use his 3 perks and 1 other perk, it won't get you the trophy.

You don't have to double-pip, just get 4 kills (on hooks) using ONLY his 3 unique perks.

16 minutes ago, SwampGas said:

That is the correct way to do it - BUT, did you ONLY use his 3 Unique perks? Because if you use his 3 perks and 1 other perk, it won't get you the trophy.

You don't have to double-pip, just get 4 kills (on hooks) using ONLY his 3 unique perks.

Yes hes only level 10 so theres only 3 slots. I might have used an add on/offering though?

Just now, SnipeBear_ said:

I might have used an add on/offering though?

Addons and Offerings are acceptable. You might have just run into a one time glitch. If it happens again upload a video/screenshot and maybe something is going wrong.

My only other thought is that one of the survivors DCd - That will put an instant halt on acquiring your trophy as well. You still get credit as killing them in terms of in-game and points. But not for the trophy.

You could also message the guys in your lobby and ask if they want to boost (they tend to call it farming). You'd be surprised just how much these guys agree to help out. It's how I got the huntress trophy. This used to be much easier on the old pip system. Obviously return the favour by letting them get the score they want. Though if you have 3 PS4s that is probably the better route. I tried boosting before the game was on PS plus and it was hard then so I'd imagine it's much worse now

It's a nightmare to get the killer merciless victories.. You have to hook each twice and I heard somewhere they have to have over 4k points.. 

I've killed everyone in several matches (I don't main killer usually). I've managed to get into a match with my other ps4 once in a few hours of trying.. Its not easy.. 

I think you might as well just play the game normally if you're going to go through that much effort. A lot of the trophies just happen as you play, and the ones you have to try for aren't really all that bad. You need some luck, but also need to just learn how to play and get better. You'll get them soon enough. 

Also, for Merciless Victory, you do have to double pip at the end. It's been this way since an update to the rank system a few months ago. 4 kills gets you a lot of those points but you need to do a lot of other things too because that isn't enough on it's own. You should get as many hook events as you can get (so don't camp), break pallets, break gens and keep them from being done, get lots of hits in, and do well in chases... You really just have to do your best and hope it was enough in the end lol 

• Like 1

On 6/28/2019 at 9:35 AM, SwampGas said:

Just had a game with Leatherface, got 4 kills and used his base perks. Got no trophy cuz I didn’t double pip. Next game, used the same setup, got 4 kills, double pipped, and got Adept Cannibal trophy. Next game I played as the clown. Only got 3 sacrifices, but still double pipped. The last person escaped via hatch. Then I got Adept Clown trophy. So I think you need to double pip with base perks to get the trophy.

Edited by i-kicked-a-brit
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, i-kicked-a-brit said:

Just had a game with Leatherface, got 4 kills and used his base perks. Got no trophy cuz I didn’t double pip. Next game, used the same setup, got 4 kills, double pipped, and got Adept Cannibal trophy. Next game I played as the clown. Only got 3 sacrifices, but still double pipped. The last person escaped via hatch. Then I got Adept a clown trophy. So I think you need to double pip with base perks to get the trophy.

What does pip stand for lol does that just mean hook them twice? I got adept for ghostface and hillbilly

8 minutes ago, SnipeBear_ said:

What does pip stand for lol does that just mean hook them twice? I got adept for ghostface and hillbilly

At the end of the match when it’s tallying your score there’s a red bar on the emblem screen that has little hashes. Those hashes are referred to as pips. If your going for the adepts here are some basic tips:

1. Don’t camp. This drives down your emblem score and makes it not possible to get gold/iridescent (bright red) emblems. 

2. Win your chases. Every time someone is able to escape it’ll degrade an emblem. 

3. Use your abilities a LOT. Learn what gives you points and constantly do it. For example, Hillbilly gets points for chainsawing anywhere not just in a chase. Plague gets them for throwing up on any interactive item. 

4. A controversial one. Tunnel survivors. If you catch someone early in a match and hook them, when they get unhooked, hunt them down. They’ll be injured so you’ll win a chase and if they’re being healed it helps another emblem, you’ll take away time from generators getting done which helps your gatekeeper emblem, and if they’re left to die on the hook it helps your sacrifice emblem. 

It might take a few matches but eventually you’ll catch a survivor early and start putting a lot of pressure on which will lead to your adept trophy. There’s a lot more you can learn but I see a lot of people asking about the emblem/pips so this is a good basic starting point.  Good luck everyone. 

3 hours ago, DanTheManGum said:

4. A controversial one. Tunnel survivors. If you catch someone early in a match and hook them, when they get unhooked, hunt them down. They’ll be injured so you’ll win a chase and if they’re being healed it helps another emblem, you’ll take away time from generators getting done which helps your gatekeeper emblem, and if they’re left to die on the hook it helps your sacrifice emblem. 

Doesn't it kinda waste time if you go out of your way to do this? If the unhooked survivor just happens to run into you before you find someone else, go ahead and chase them because that's their problem lol but I just think you waste time because that's possibly 2-3 survivors that have been left mostly unbothered just doing gens. You should prioritize patrolling gens after you hook and interrupt progress, not just focus on preventing one person at a time from doing anything. 

16 minutes ago, Fizzgiglatte said:

Doesn't it kinda waste time if you go out of your way to do this? If the unhooked survivor just happens to run into you before you find someone else, go ahead and chase them because that's their problem lol but I just think you waste time because that's possibly 2-3 survivors that have been left mostly unbothered just doing gens. You should prioritize patrolling gens after you hook and interrupt progress, not just focus on preventing one person at a time from doing anything. 

Absolutely. You’re going to patrol gens once you have someone hooked. As soon as they’re unhooked, you know there is 2 survivors at that location and you return to the hook (what I mean by tunneling). If you happen upon someone else on the way back, chase that person (as losing people in a chase is bad for emblems). Patrolling gens is hit or miss as you may not always find a survivor but if you return after an unhook you are all but guaranteed to find 2 people due to scratch marks and most likely trying to heal. You see this a lot at lower ranks, if you are in higher ranks you probably don’t need help with the adept trophies in the first place.