Item Collector - Any Tips?

Hey all - 

Last trophy.  I wrote out everything I'm missing.  With about 130 to go, process is slow.  I know it's a long, tedious trophy - but I figured I'd ask if there was a better way than what I'm doing which is going to the next item on the list, looking up the materials required in the wiki, farming them, rinse and repeat.  Anything to make this go faster, or is it truly just a long and unavoidable grind?

• 3 weeks later...

For me the biggest help was the fact you can buy a craft item you already crafted , and dismantel it into the materials. So you only have to get most materials once . Take some time for a money farm build , and you can buy so much. like super rare materials , you craft 1 item with them , buy the crafted item 10 times , dismantel them 10 times and you have 10 of the rare material.

This method still involves some grinding , but way less travel time.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't bothered with it too much, and started New Game+, since you still have to go over all castle again, but this time I have over 70 luck from the start, and on hard seems slightly more enemies, more enemies - more drops. Plus in some chests and rewards you can have weapons that needed for complex one crafted without spending materials.

Dismantle method is still too grindy, because you need money not only for materials, but Alkahest, that costly or still have to be grinded for hours. Dismantle prices imo are tough.

Anyway I think food was hardest one, gladly only weapons and armor left for me, 60 percent for both.

Edited by Bloodytears1666

18 hours ago, Bloodytears1666 said:

Didn't bothered with it too much, and started New Game+, since you still have to go over all castle again, but this time I have over 70 luck from the start, and on hard seems slightly more enemies, more enemies - more drops. Plus in some chests and rewards you can have weapons that needed for complex one crafted without spending materials.

Dismantle method is still too grindy, because you need money not only for materials, but Alkahest, that costly or still have to be grinded for hours. Dismantle prices imo are tough.

Anyway I think food was hardest one, gladly only weapons and armor left for me, 60 percent for both.

Its my last trophy as the first time I beat it the items were glitched and didn't count even tho I had them. So I'm waiting, kinda hoping they would put out some DLC to bring me back in as I'm not excited about grinding this one out.

2 hours ago, SINISTER-SINS_ said:

Its my last trophy as the first time I beat it the items were glitched and didn't count even tho I had them. So I'm waiting, kinda hoping they would put out some DLC to bring me back in as I'm not excited about grinding this one out.

Sad to hear, even reloading previous saves didn't helped?

4 hours ago, SINISTER-SINS_ said:

No, I was confident it wasn't glitched and saved beyond the point of no return.....The Twilight Zone....

As long as I know, there would be a lot of DLC, hope they will fix it.

I only had problems with book shelves, couldn't add any technique, because game keep crashing out. Gladly this part of the game doesn't connected with trophies.

2 hours ago, Bloodytears1666 said:

As long as I know, there would be a lot of DLC, hope they will fix it.

I only had problems with book shelves, couldn't add any technique, because game keep crashing out. Gladly this part of the game doesn't connected with trophies.

Add me on PSN bro you got good taste in games

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

I'm currently working on this trophy. It is my last one and I've probably put 3 or 4 hours in so far, with an hour or 2 to go. You have to either farm materials for the gear and food or farm Alkahest to dismantle the items. There are several items that you have to farm that don't show up in the shop, even if you dismantle. It ultimately becomes a chore to look everything up online - where to farm the item or what enemy to farm for the item or where to find the enemy to farm, etc. Save it for the end game and definitely make the Accelerator Shard a priority, both for farming enemies and farming money, as you'll spend a lot in the shop buying supplies and materials. Great game, but as mentioned above, this one is painful to say the least.