Guilty Gear -Strive-

Redgrave

On one hand, Anji being back somehow feels good. I don't know he feels right in the GG lore.

On the other hand... if he keeps his goddamn butterfly mixups in Strive too he will again be a cheap ass character xD . Anji players were a pain to face in GG XX because of that stupid butterfly.

Trailer is available, but unfortunately, no teasing about the final character.

We have to wait another month. Happy Strive year, folks! ?

On 28/12/2020 at 11:33 AM, FinalFan said:

Friendly reminder that Anji trailler (90 seconds) will air on January 1st, you can see how he'll look with thumbnail!

?? 9:00 - ?? 1:00 - ?? exactly midnight, happy new year. ?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, FinalFan said:

Trailer is available, but unfortunately, no teasing about the final character.

We have to wait another month. Happy Strive year, folks! 1f38a.png

Anji is coming with the most useless glasses ever lol loved his redesign, and the final character will be Bridget, i'm calling it now

Happy new year everyone

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

They added a GG World mode thank GOD! I can finally see what fully happened in GG2 Overture without being forced to play that tower defence game.

I was really worried that they will add a tag team mechanic, but it's only in arcade mode, whew.

Survival mode - at 1:58. That is a BLACK CHIPP! Oh dear we are getting Black and Gold variants all over again. It will be toasty xD I AM MISSING JUSTICE ALREADY!

Of course, this game will have the sickest tutorial mode in all fighting games ever. Can't wait for it (XRd -Sign- and Rev/Rev2 really raised the bar with their tutorials)

And...online lobbies will still suck ass because the shitty sprites will overlap. Still hoping for that good tasty Rollback netcode. I tried it on Accent Core on PC though and it seems that Arc Sys nailed it good. So there's massive hopes.

In conclusion for me, I am one click away from throwing all my savings at a preorder (and I almost never preorder). Big thanks for this share @FinalFan, my faith in the game is restoring at an alarming pace :D 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Time to register for open beta (PS4/PS5)!

ggst_header.png

?? link with Bamco https://beta.bandainamcoent.eu/cb/guilty-gear-strive-beta

Will be available from Feb 19, 04:00 to Feb 21, 4pm (CET / ??), featuring 13 fighters, offline VS, tuto, training, and of course online lobbies from hell.

Still don't know why I'm still the first to post this here, since the announcement is from yesterday I guess. Do you enjoy seeing my suffering Fall Guys avatar so much? ?

Edited by FinalFan
Added cool Sol banner
  • Like 2

Signed up as well. Plus they give access to all characters except Anji and the unnamed one... Can't wait for training mode as well. They really strive for the best quality i see :3 (except those damn lobbies) 

I wish to see if they added dragon install for Sol. 

12 hours ago, FinalFan said:

Still don't know why I'm still the first to post this here, since the announcement is from yesterday I guess. Do you enjoy seeing my suffering Fall Guys avatar so much? 1f47f.png

You are the best bearer of Guilty Gear news around here xD

10 minutes ago, Copanele said:

I wish to see if they added dragon install for Sol. 

THIS!

I honestly think, they'll keep this in their sleeve, and uncover it later as a feature related to arcade/story mode. But still locked for now, as the game is still not released.

• Like 1

Just now, FinalFan said:

THIS!

I honestly think, they'll keep this in their sleeve, and uncover it later as a feature related to arcade/story mode. But still locked for now, as the game is still not released.

I think they will ultimately keep it hidden but I am still excited nonetheless. 

What i also can't wait for are the insta kills. I want to see CRAZINESS!! 

• 2 weeks later...

I stayed up till 3am to play this. Now I'm here giving my first impressions. 

I love it. It feels like Guilty Gear which I was worried it will get too simplified and start feeling watered down. The gatling combination system will take some getting used to. I'm using Giovanni, she just looked like the most interesting character in the game for me. She does have some high execution combo's but she has great damage output. 

The music is hardcore rock and I just love it. It has so much personality just like every other Guilty Gear - I don't even like Rock but I like Guilty Gear rock!

Graphics are the best in the genre when it comes to anime fighters. Although I will say it did look a bit better in the preview footage perhaps because it was PS5 gameplay as I'm playing on PS4. 

Stages are great visually. I love the new dust attack animation. It launches the opponent not just into the sky like previous versions. It also transitions to the next part of the stage which let's talk about the stage transitions.

They are very quick and quite seamless and fit very well into Guilty Gear. They can be annoying when in training mode and I wish I could toggle an option to turn them off but maybe I couldn't find it? 

In terms of online I played 4 matches and I understand Arc Sys wanted no rematch option to test the netcode which I completely understand. But that exposes the single biggest problem I have with this beta - the AWFUL lobby system.

This is somehow even worse than DBFZ, BlazBlue Cross Tag, Guilty Gear Xrd lobby systems. I never played Granblue but I'm betting it's worse than that one too. It just feels horrible to have to walk around and hold up your weapon to initiate a fight. Most of the time people just walk by you and the notification for someone connecting to you for a match is delayed beyond belief.

Not to mention the awful input delay just makes the lobby system an awful concoction of bad input delay with bad lobby matchmaking system. I really hope Arc Sys implements a traditional lobby system as I think this can kill the game if it remains as bad as it is now. 

Anyways there you go with my first impressions after about an hour and half of gameplay. I'm so excited for this game and I'm going to keep on playing with Giovanna and get to grips with her playstyle before moving onto some other characters. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

Anyways there you go with my first impressions after about an hour and half of gameplay. I'm so excited for this game and I'm going to keep on playing with Giovanna and get to grips with her playstyle before moving onto some other characters. 

Not much to add extra , had same impressions as you : THIS GAME ROCKS !!!!!

The first beta made me go eh, BUT THIS ONE convinced me big time that I wish to preorder it.

I played as the new characters, Giovanna is way WAY better than Nagoriyuki (that Blood Rage mechanic is so annoying), but ultimately I returned to Sol, he's just that fun when I nail an OOMPH Fafnir. Lobbies are by far the worst aspect of the game, but the ranking system was nice.

Also connection was GOOD. I played with someone from France and it worked impeccable, no delay at all. Normally I would have lag even against people from the same country, but with this rollback it's mwah perfection.

Yeah to focus more on the lobbies, agreed with you again @FreshFromThaDeli - this is a gamebreaking level of bad lobbies. I don't understand, why can't they do a simple connection based lobby or just keep the stations? This 2D crap is abysmal to say the least, especially the delay due to so many players online. I think this is the only instance where ArcSys is continuing to be stubborn in their stupid Lobby decisions. It's REALLY bad and the only major negative of this game so far. And from what I get it, they are adamant in keeping it so yeah... X_X

But yeah even without the stupid lobbies, I'd get the game only for the single player content xD this "simplification" actually feels good. Yeah gatlings are gone but now I think twice before doing a Bandit Bringer. Axl players are still annoying as hell though lol!

Also congrats @FinalFan for being a GG moderator!  You are already moderating the good stuff on this thread xD 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Copanele said:

Not much to add extra , had same impressions as you : THIS GAME ROCKS !!!!!

The first beta made me go eh, BUT THIS ONE convinced me big time that I wish to preorder it.

I'm very happy after playing it again today at a reasonable time of day to turn up the volume and take in the amazing soundtrack and sound effects.

Can I just say I have loved the giant text on your screen [COUNTER] every time it happens. I know it's been a bit of a meme and generally disliked by the core GG community but I think it adds style points on top of an already very stylish looking game. 

Lobby system is still abhorrent and I agree with you when you say it is unfortunately Arc Sys being stubborn and refusing to just make a simple easy to use interface for lobbies. 

This was already my most anticipated game of the year so I'm just gonna spend the time on this beta to learn the mechanics and try some other characters out in training mode. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, FinalFan said:

About the servers problems since over 12h ago. 1f1ef-1f1f5.png + 1f1ec-1f1e7.png

For some reason I can't see the link or the image at all

EDIT : nevermind it works now. So there's a server issue from their part, I thought the beta was already done 

Edited by Copanele