Guilty Gear -Strive-

Redgrave

You can try to register to upcoming beta that will be live from 17 to 19th April: https://arcsystemworks.com/press-release-guilty-gear-strive-closed-beta-test-sign-ups-start-today/

• Application Results:

Starting April 12th, 2020, 22:00 (PDT) / April 13th, 2020, 06:00 (UTC). Only those that have been chosen for the Closed Beta Test, will be notified by e-mail.

And for people who like to play online...

• Netcode:

Although the current beta test build is using a similar delay-based netcode from previous titles, a rollback-based netcode is currently in development for the final product of the game.

Edited by FinalFan
Added UTC time
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, FinalFan said:

You can try to register to upcoming beta that will be live from 17 to 19th April: https://arcsystemworks.com/press-release-guilty-gear-strive-closed-beta-test-sign-ups-start-today/

• Application Results:

Starting April 12th, 2020, 22:00 (PDT) Only those that have been chosen for the Closed Beta Test, will be notified by e-mail.

And for people who like to play online...

• Netcode:

Although the current beta test build is using a similar delay-based netcode from previous titles, a rollback-based netcode is currently in development for the final product of the game.

Unexpected. Will sign up though, I really am curious how the gameplay actually feels like (if I get picked that is)

Thanks for the link!

• 3 weeks later...

HOT NEWS!

Bandai Namco will publish the game in EMEA + Asia (bye bye PQube).

Of course, Arc System will publish the game in ??+ ?? with its local branch.

“We are pleased to announce that BANDAI NAMCO ENTERTAINMENT will be distributing the latest title in the Guilty Gear series, Guilty Gear -Strive-. I am surprised that the chit-chat I have exchanged with Harada-san a few years ago has come to fruition.” comments Daisuke Ishiwatari, General Director of Guilty Gear Series, “I wish this partnership will bring new joy to more users in Europe and Asia. We are working hard with BANDAI NAMCO ENTERTAINMENT to get people in Europe and Asia to play Guilty Gear more than ever before. Please look forward to it!”

“I have always been thinking that it would be great to partner with ARC SYSTEM WORKS, and I’m happy we were able to push this forward. We wish to further enhance and promote the fighting game community together.” says Katsuhiro Harada, BANDAI NAMCO General Producer. “The continued collaboration between the two means we can bring more exciting games to every dojo around the world!”

Full statement https://en.bandainamcoent.eu/news/bandai-namco-entertainment-publish-guilty-gear-strive-europe-and-asia

I think it's a good news (wider distribution + advertisement) and we can thank DBFZ for that. Also, maybe we can expect discount in the future when the game will have optional DLC (characters and others) on the store.

PQube never did that, but Bandai Namco do this pretty often on its games (Tekken 7 for sure, but maybe not yet for Soul Calibur VI).

• Like 2

They have posted Sol and Ky's starter guides so far. I assume they will for the rest later.

I also put all the Faust footage Tweets from the poster that @FinalFan linked :)

Edit: Sometimes the videos won't work but refreshing seems to fix it.

Spoiler

Edited by Redgrave
  • Like 1

I just watched the Sol's videos and I have some questions (left unanswered of course but still):

• Where's my boy's  Riot Stamp (the gliding thing that now is Bandit Bringer)? That one was so fun to use :(
  • Night Raid Vortex? What, the name Grand Viper went out of fashion? xD 

Interesting choices in mechanics, but anyway : All I wait is for Holy Orders IV. I need more Ky Kiske OST epicness!

• Like 1

Introducing mah boi Chipp and Potemkin (BUSTER! ?)

I guess we''ll get Faust tomorrow with the launching of the beta? ?

After watching nearly all (minus Sol), May and Axl are the ones that changed the most imo.

For Chipp, not that much change, but trying Gamma Blade (ninja clone rushing forward) will be riskier as it can take damage.

And Slide Head from Pot can deal damage now, this will be scarier indeed for long range campers (I'm looking at you, Dizzy cancers).

• Like 2

So, after finishing the beta experience and completing the survey, there are things I truly like but also dislike about this game. From my opinion:

The good:

- game still looks absolutely BEAUTIFUL

- love the soundtrack of course

- finally Potemkin is viable again

- Chipp's redesign and gameplay is super fun

- despite removing the insane combos, the gameplay is still interesting

- can't wait to see what's the deal with Faust and why he returned to his Dr Baldhead mode.

The bad:

- way too much shit on the screen, especially that goddamn combo counter is like 1/4 of the screen

- although the UI was improved, it's still pretty meh especially compared to Xrd

- by far the ugliest, stinkiest, disappointing and plain stupid LOBBY ever. Why the fuck did they create that lobby? Just copy/paste a Street Fighter lobby for Christ sake. What's that pixellated bullshit?

- Ky Kiske's sword and lightning attacks feel like throwing Skittles at enemies. The Thunderseal is ugly as sin.

- The character select screen is...odd? Somehow it doesn't fit well.

- You do way too much damage, Samurai Shodown levels of damage

- I really don't like the new corner stage transition. I don't know..feels off. Stage transitions were fun in Injustice but here...they kinda ruin the mood.

Won't comment on connectivity and such since they will improve on that. What do you guys think?How was your experience?

Edited by Copanele

• 4 weeks later...
On 15/05/2020 at 7:26 AM, Vergil said:

Game has been delayed to early 2021

I assume they really take into consideration the feedback after the beta. Almost everyone has unanimously complained about the atrocious lobby so I hope they are fixing that. 

They can take their time, this game looks very promising, don't really wish to be dissapointed by it. 

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, FinalFan said:

1f525.png Developer’s Backyard vol.1. https://www.arcsystemworks.jp/guiltygear/db/en/

Stats from Closed Beta / online lobbies

+ questions to dev

It cracks me up how Japan wants goddamn Bridget of all the characters. Bridget. The most idiotic character in the series after Leopaldon. At least the rest of the world is cultured enough to ask for Baiken xD 

Overall, I like the approach, Daisuke Ishiwatari does appreciate the comments and he will make the UI ROCK! (that's what I am expecting too). It's interesting that he is set on doing a completely new fight mechanic, I actually am eager to see how it will turn out.

Just ...WHY BRIDGET? SERIOUSLY! Stupid crossdressing obsession aside (it's some weird Japanese fantasy stuff), that character was ASS in GG XX. Ah heck Bridget will be added anyway X_X

This makes me salty xD 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 13/06/2020 at 11:34 PM, Copanele said:

New character added to the roster : Ramlethal

Also realized...except for Kliff , all the playable cast from the original GG is now in the game :D 

I'm going to be honest, I would have been annoyed if she hadn't of made it in. She looks great but then again I've always liked her design.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hanamaru Kunikida said:

Oh dear god they look so good! I love that Millia keeps her Tandem Top shenanigans that really piss me off online xD (the green disc thingies that can really give you a bad time)

13 minutes ago, charxsetsuna said:

I'm going to be honest, I would have been annoyed if she hadn't of made it in. She looks great but then again I've always liked her design.

Oh Ram is one of my favorites too, if only in terms of design (can't play as her even if you'd pay me). I bet Elphelt will join the roster too later on, in a future DLC.

On 6/23/2020 at 11:44 AM, Hanamaru Kunikida said:

Millia's IAD still lookin real crispy fast, hardly any startup compared to so many of the other characters! Looking like she'll still have some of her dumb disc oki too.

If Elphelt ain't getting back in, looks like I'm gonna be handing out those patented 50/50 disc mixups to everyone.

Also is that an easy full combo off overhead at 1:14??? OH BOI

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...