Taking One For The Team

What exactly counts towards the progress of this trophy? 250 is just an insanely high number. 100 couldn't have been enough? I also see three people got this trophy super quick so maybe any protection hit counts or they just played a ton over the past week?

The trophy description makes it sound like it forces you to make really bad plays while the killer is still near the hook so you will need borrowed so the person your rescuing off hook doesn't get tunneled, but hopefully the killer hits you instead so you can get the protection hit. I think the 200+ and 100+ scoring event after you unhook and get hit only counts towards progress. I have gotten hit after 10 seconds of the unhook and have gotten the +100 protection hit but not sure if that one counts towards the trophy or not

Edited by ClintonLS90

We played a lot ?

I used Empathy, Self care, Borrowed time (and We're gonna live forever but you can use something more useful)

When I see a survivor getting hit (with Empathy) , I start running at him, hopefully he will be down and I'll be not far. As soon as the killer pick up my mate, I let him see me. 

Then he will hook my mate, hit me, I unhook my mate, the killer hit me a second time, boom, that's a point for the trophy. You can easily get two points per game with that. 

The other way is to unhook your mate while the killer is close, but it's pretty random, sometimes everything will be fine, sometimes he will tunnel your mate, or even just don't care and let you two escape.. 

Edited by Chlorhydric
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Chlorhydric said:

We played a lot 1f604.png

I used Empathy, Self care, Borrowed time (and We're gonna live forever but you can use something more useful)

When I see a survivor getting hit (with Empathy) , I start running at him, hopefully he will be down and I'll be not far. As soon as the killer pick up my mate, I let him see me. 

Then he will hook my mate, hit me, I unhook my mate, the killer hit me a second time, boom, that's a point for the trophy. You can easily get two points per game with that. 

The other way is to unhook your mate while the killer is close, but it's pretty random, sometimes everything will be fine, sometimes he will tunnel your mate, or even just don't care and let you two escape.. 

Ok, Thanks! I have counted 52 hits so am moving right along. I will probably let the killer hit me before unhooking now cuz there have been times where the killer chooses to tunnel so I always use Borrowed Time.

I wonder why this one is different from the steam version of the game. I got the achievement there naturally. You don't have to unhook somebody first. The description says "Take a hit near a hook in order to protect another survivor 250 times." Not to protect somebody recently being unhooked, makes this trophy much more annoying if you ask me.

Does anyone know if this might be a mistake? I think that there was another trophy which had a misleading description, even though it followed the PC achievement description.

I am pretty sure it was the one from the Freddy DLC, where the killer had to miss his hit and you have to vault shortly afterwards, I could be wrong though.

So is it near a hook or near the survivor or both of these? Also, what does recently in terms of the trophy description mean? 5 seconds? 10 seconds?

I was awarded with the + 100 points protection "award" today while taking a hit near a survivor that was unhooked 40 seconds ago approximately.

So I am really confused right now. I thought the +100 points protection thing is a save count towards the trophy, but now I am doubting it, unless they increased the time, maybe the devs consider one minute as being "recently unhooked", who knows..

Any help would be much appreciated :D

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/27/2019 at 2:09 PM, VoidVictorious said:

The guide says you need a survivor standing by you, can that count the guy you unhooked?

Still need a definitive answer on this please. Is it enough to get hit as soon as your buddy is unhooked or do you need another non-hooked person there as well?

Edited by VoidVictorious

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/2/2020 at 10:22 AM, darksoul21121 said:

Everyone Please check, after last patch there is no

PROTECTION 100

PROTECTION 200

it is only PROTECTION 200 after getting hit after unhook survivor.

Please check this information and confirm Please! Thanks

Got taking one for the team this morning, you can check my profile if you want. The change since the last patch from 100 and 200 protection medals to ONE 200 protection medal has not affected the trophy negatively, and it did not reset the count for trophy. So, for anyone worried as long you get the "200 Protection" pop on the screen it counts toward the trophy. If you are looking for a decent perk setup, I used Borrowed Time (Bill's teachable), Dead Hard (David K. teachable), Empathy, and Self Care (both are Claudette teachable).

Edited by FallenKingdom
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/24/2020 at 5:08 AM, FallenKingdom said:

Got taking one for the team this morning, you can check my profile if you want. The change since the last patch from 100 and 200 protection medals to ONE 200 protection medal has not affected the trophy negatively, and it did not reset the count for trophy. So, for anyone worried as long you get the "200 Protection" pop on the screen it counts toward the trophy. If you are looking for a decent perk setup, I used Borrowed Time (Bill's teachable), Dead Hard (David K. teachable), Empathy, and Self Care (both are Claudette teachable).

Sometimes I get the 200 protection hit when I just take a hit for my teammates even if they didn't get hooked.. I wonder if that counts? 

On 2020-07-19 at 8:28 AM, BDevil9 said:

Sometimes I get the 200 protection hit when I just take a hit for my teammates even if they didn't get hooked.. I wonder if that counts? 

It won’t. Just make sure you’re the first to take the protection hit near the unhook survivor (within 10 meters) and it will count.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi,

When I unhook a survivor, I get immediately 2 hits from the killer and it shows "+200 protection" twice on the screen. Does it count for two or only one ?

Maybe the PS5 players can be 100% sure about it thanks to the stat tracking.

Thank you,

Edited by FebuKev

7 hours ago, FebuKev said:

Hi,

When I unhook a survivor, I get immediately 2 hits from the killer and it shows "+200 protection" twice on the screen. Does it count for two or only one ?

Maybe the PS5 players can be 100% sure about it thanks to the stat tracking.

Thank you,

It counts as one hit.

15 hours ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

It counts as one hit.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I got the trophy yesterday night and I am actually pretty sure both count because I got it way quicker than what I expected.

I clearly did not get it after 250 different unhookings, most of the time I unhooked and got hit twice.

I checked the trophy sceenshot: it shows that I am down at this moment, which means that it unlocked after the second hit.

I hope it helps

• 2 years later...

You have to take a hit a few seconds after rescuing a survivor for it to count the progress for this trophy is very slow as you know already you can only take two hits before going down, obviously you can be only hooked twice so really you can only take one protection hit. Sadly there is no way to speed it up so you have to deal with the small progress. Alternatively you could combine endurance effects with the hits making it so you get three protection hits instead of two, but again you can only use the endurance once per time so you have to fully mend to be able to take another endurance hit.

Edited by Yukiko Miyamoto
  • Like 1