Final Fantasy XV

jimmypop01

Right, I am going to be honest, I have never been a fan of the final fantasy game series, to be perfectly honest I downright hated it for reasons unknown to me. Possibly the turn based system (only Pokemon done it for me), the style or the fact I am simply not fond of anime (except Pokemon). However I am really considering Final Fantasy XV.

I think it looks incredible! I love the epic feel to it, the entire heavy sci fi backdrop and the awesome monsters ( the sea sequence in the trailer was fantastic). I am going to follow this game up to its release as this looks like a game I could buy and introduce to me to franchise so far in.

What do you guys think of FF XV? Do you feel the same about the franchise? Has XV changed anything for you?

I am a big fan of the franchise anyway so it hasn't really changed much of my opinion. I am quite excited for it, couldn't get into XIII and I am not really into MMOs so I have had a little hiatus from the series lately so XV looks very welcoming. I just need to know what the combat system will be like as that is a big decision for me since I hated the combat in XIII, one of the main reasons I couldn't get into it

• Like 1

I watched my friend play XIII. Was the combat like a real time turn based?

This one looks more of a real time action game with the option to execute. Special manoeuvres in the vain of Dragon Age but I could be wrong but there is nothing hinting at turn based at present.

It's going to have real time action gameplay similar to Kingdom Hearts as well as being the FF with the darkest mood, & it looks like FFXV will be more open world than FFXIII. One of the few games in the future that's worth the full price if you ask me.

Edited by XxTerminator
  • Like 1

I am a huge FF series fan, having said that, there have been a couple that I was not a big fan of myself. FF9 I played but couldn't really get into, FF12 I downright couldn't get through the first 20 minutes of it and never played it again. So I am not completely biased towards the series and feel I can give you an honest opinion as a fan. FF15 looks pretty amazing, the backdrop to the game feels fresh and new and the in game live footage looks amazing. I really don't think it will disappoint! For a gamer who gave up on day one purchases about 2 years ago mainly cause I refused to continue paying 60$ for games (I've gotten cheap in my older years), this will be a day 1 purchase for me.

Edited by Altergigo
  • Like 1

Not been this hyped for a final fantasy game since XIII

lmao you and I maybe the only 2 people who feel this way... I absolutely enjoyed 13 and 1Kd it. Spent nearly 200 hrs with that game!

Edited by Altergigo

lmao you and I maybe the only 2 people who feel this way... I absolutely enjoyed 13 and 1Kd it. Spent nearly 200 hrs with that game!

Lmao ! iv'e still not finished XIII Or XIII-2 :P Lost my FF XIII Save 2 times now due to Ps3 breaking 

iv'e not even started FF XIII-2 , i'll have to play through them :)

Lmao ! iv'e still not finished XIII Or XIII-2 :P Lost my FF XIII Save 2 times now due to Ps3 breaking 

iv'e not even started FF XIII-2 , i'll have to play through them :)

I feel your pain on that... Bought XIII-2, started it, 360 broke and that is all. Once I get through XIII again on PS3, may get XIII-2.

• Like 1

I am definitely counted among you two who enjoyed XIII, it's currently sitting as my personal favorite.

Do you guys this is one for me to look forward to even though I have never been a fan in the past? It looks really different which I suppose is a good thing for myself.

Since you downright hated Final Fantasy for reasons unknown, I don't know if this would change your mind or not. It's still Final Fantasy, there's just been some changes. Which I guess, could alter your opinion.

Final Fantasy XV is currently my most anticipated game and has been since it was unveiled as Versus XIII so many years ago. It's been the longest I've waited for a game.

Side note, I'm also really looking forward to Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, I like the changes.^^

• Like 2

I do think Final Fantasy XV will be the first I will buy in to. Has a sort of Advent Children feel to it and I enjoyed that movie when I watched it over a friends house. I doubt I will pick up any of the 13 series (although I was intrigued by them as they were he most interesting looking ones for myself) and won't pick up 14 as I don't like MMOs.

I really hope it is good not only because it will introduce me to a long standing franchise but it will do justice to a game I know FF fans have been waiting for release for what must be 8 years or so now.

• Like 1

I do think Final Fantasy XV will be the first I will buy in to. Has a sort of Advent Children feel to it and I enjoyed that movie when I watched it over a friends house. I doubt I will pick up any of the 13 series (although I was intrigued by them as they were he most interesting looking ones for myself) and won't pick up 14 as I don't like MMOs.

I really hope it is good not only because it will introduce me to a long standing franchise but it will do justice to a game I know FF fans have been waiting for release for what must be 8 years or so now.

If you haven't played FFX, you really should give it a try... I don't think you'll be disappointed as it is one of the stand out greats in the series. Just my opinion though ;)

• Like 1

Well some including I can say that FFXIII gameplay wasn't the best but still okay. Though what I found best about FFXIII is that I was really into the amazing cutscenes, the emotion, & the relationships between each character, all of these in mind made me play through the whole game. :|

If you haven't played FFX, you really should give it a try... I don't think you'll be disappointed as it is one of the stand out greats in the series. Just my opinion though ;)

I agree a great game, you should try it out as the story always leaves questions to be asked as you get furthur into the game. Plus 'To Zanarkand' is the most memorable FF theme imo.

Edited by XxTerminator
  • Like 1

If I could have epic summons like the other oldschool FF. Ill be excited but so far, not much is known. Hopefully its not another FF12.

If I could have epic summons like the other oldschool FF. Ill be excited but so far, not much is known. Hopefully its not another FF12.

I doubt it'll be viewed as another FFXII, which seemed to be a failure in some people's eyes. That said I liked FFXII, I don't really have a problem with any Final Fantasy game. I do have my favorites though and Final Fantasy XII isn't among them. 

I have only seen game play footage of this game (although a lot of people have) and I can honestly say it makes my dick rock hard...

for how long??..... haha

Well I'll probably be trying this game out as a long time FF fan it looks promising. I'm glad to hear they are going with a darker mood, although I'll believe it when I see it. Seems like Square Enix has had an identity crisis with these games and particularly with FFXIII not really understanding that the original fans who played the original games back in the day are now in their late twenties or thirties and we don't go for cutsey pokemon teeny bob anime crap and hearing the word kupo every thirteen seconds.

I def won't be playing lightning returns as I found XIII and XIII-2 pretty bad games. Although they had some great graphics the gameplay was simplified beyond belief and the story was absolutely convoluted nonsense with completely shallow and two dimensional characters.

I can accept the fact that FF is no longer about engaging gameplay and more about a casual experience exploring beautiful environments, but if the story sucks then what's the point. If they can provide a decent story with this game it may be a turning point for the series but if it comes up short like XIII it will probably be the last time I go crystal chasing.

Well I'll probably be trying this game out as a long time FF fan it looks promising. I'm glad to hear they are going with a darker mood, although I'll believe it when I see it. Seems like Square Enix has had an identity crisis with these games and particularly with FFXIII not really understanding that the original fans who played the original games back in the day are now in their late twenties or thirties and we don't go for cutsey pokemon teeny bob anime crap and hearing the word kupo every thirteen seconds.

What about the young people who wants to play a FF game? I believe they should also experience the magic of the previous FF, and the not so old like IX.

So far, it hasn't changed anything for me as I haven't got playing it yet. But I do like the looks of it, I was able to see similarities to it from Kingdom Hearts, mainly KHII with the Dive system (I think that's what it was called?) which had Sora able to go through different fighting styles in the middle of combat.

I'm not going to complain about it until I get playing it.. so long as it isn't like FFXII where it's combat was so slow and boring then its good for me!

What about the young people who wants to play a FF game? I believe they should also experience the magic of the previous FF, and the not so old like IX.

Therein lies the crux of the identity crisis. I can accept that I have simply outgrown FF, but I it's also worth mentioning that I was seven years old when the first Final Fantasy game out for Nintendo. That game was a lot more challenging than the current generation of final fantasies. You got to pick your classes, customize your party, access any part of the world even if it was filled with monsters that would wipe you out. Dying meant losing progress, etc, etc...

Just because someone is young doesn't mean you have to hold their hand for them through the entire game.