What version?

ArmoredSnowman

19 hours ago, Fragtaster said:

Immortal: Unchained was primarily developed for PC to the point that it was a PC exclusive for much of it's development. The steam version runs fine, but not particularly well or optimized. The PS4 version by comparison is pretty bad - it's buggy, and looks & runs worse. Which isn't saying much, because even the superior PC version is a pretty flawed, buggy and broken experience. I have it on PC (it's been on Steam for a year now) and even as a Souls Vet, I think Immortal is aggressively mediocre at best, and a unbalanced and broken mess at worse. 

Don't buy a Japanese version if you don't know Japanese because there is quite a bit of text in this game, and as for a collectiors edition... my advice is to not waste your money on a inferior version of a broken mess of a game.

I guess if you're absolutely dying to try it, you can get a cheap Steam key online from places like: https://www.g2a.com/en-us/immortal-unchained-steam-key-global-i10000171303001

The game, let alone the crappier PS4 version version, just isn't worth the premium of a physical release (I'm telling you, it may look cool visually, but it ISN'T a good game). If you're looking to get your 'shooty souls' on, try Remnant From The Ashes instead - its a VERY similar experience, but VASTLY superior! 

Does look kinda interesting. 

I watched the review for Remnant from both SkillUp and Jim Sterling... Their opinions couldn't be more different ? But I have to say, it really does look interesting... I'll keep my eyes on this one for sure ?

23 hours ago, Fragtaster said:

Immortal: Unchained was primarily developed for PC to the point that it was a PC exclusive for much of it's development. The steam version runs fine, but not particularly well or optimized. The PS4 version by comparison is pretty bad - it's buggy, and looks & runs worse. Which isn't saying much, because even the superior PC version is a pretty flawed, buggy and broken experience.

I got Immortal: Unchained on a previous sale and just got the DLC from the ongoing one... I was planing to start it next week, even though most reviews do say that it is mediocre at best. But still, it somehow doesn't look too bad from what I've seen, so I hope I'll be having fun with it. 

Darksiders III is a technical mess as well, with constant lag, freezes mid-level and bugs left and right... and still, it was quite fun to play. That's giving me hope for Immortal: Unchained ?

Edited by Arcesius

This game is completly broken, unbalanced, buggy, ugly af and I hate it. I have bought it on PSN sale for 20€ (way to much) last year. After one hour I reliezed that the game isn't worth it but I was close to a 100% completion so I managed to make it to 100% (this includes 5 runs through the whole awful game!!) But the developer dropped another DLC in which you need to play the whole game two more times (with a handicap). No thanks.

Everyone who's reading this: DONT BUY THIS GAME. It isn't a good Souls clone with weapons. It's just software-garbage.

Edited by xXAaronBroXx
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Fragtaster said:

Also, I love your avatar! Everytime I look at it I smile. :)

Lol, feels nice that the movie gives multiple avatars. Can't wait to see what the Spider-Man Far From Home avatar will be like. Still wish I had preordered Infinity War :( 

• Like 1

I've just bought it today, for equivalent of 12$, physical release, because I'm a collector ?

I saw, that some DLC's just popped on PSN Profiles' front page, and I thought to myself "what a coincidence" :)

Anyway, I'm quite surprised, that nobody has aquired a platinum yet - is it that bad? Is it so buggy?

• 4 weeks later...

The game is actually great.

Patches fixed the annoying bugs.

You have to cope with the game's challenges and mechanics and transitioning from a souls game to IU is harder than you'd think.

The game is completely balanced.

There was a guy who beat it with melee only and i beat it with the starting pistol and grenades only.

(To give you an idea:

The highest damage i got from one pistol hit was 70-110. While you can dish out 11k+ with a single sniper shot.)

8 hours ago, King_Sulzi said:

The game is actually great.

Patches fixed the annoying bugs.

You have to cope with the game's challenges and mechanics and transitioning from a souls game to IU is harder than you'd think.

The game is completely balanced.

There was a guy who beat it with melee only and i beat it with the starting pistol and grenades only.

(To give you an idea:

The highest damage i got from one pistol hit was 70-110. While you can dish out 11k+ with a single sniper shot.)

It's really fun once you get the hang of it, that's for sure. Though I wouldn't have the patience to run through the entire game with starting gear only ?

One quick question since I see that you got 100% in a really good time... Did you do the NG+ up to NG++++ trophies with the Cursed One? Is that manageable and advisable? I was thinking of going up to NG++++ with my current character and then doing two additional playthroughs as the Cursed One, but that is a LOT of playthroughs ?

Edited by Arcesius

• 1 month later...
On 26.9.2019 at 8:37 AM, Arcesius said:

It's really fun once you get the hang of it, that's for sure. Though I wouldn't have the patience to run through the entire game with starting gear only 1f602.png

One quick question since I see that you got 100% in a really good time... Did you do the NG+ up to NG++++ trophies with the Cursed One? Is that manageable and advisable? I was thinking of going up to NG++++ with my current character and then doing two additional playthroughs as the Cursed One, but that is a LOT of playthroughs 1f605.png

Yes i went straight for NG++++ on the cursed as it saves 2 playthroughs.

Its doable but you will note that certain curses stacking will change the gameplay dramatically.

For example you have to choose between increased enemy speed + attack speed and increased enemy awareness.

I stacked the awareness curse which caused the enemies to go full agro from really far away.

That was the most challenging part about the cursed.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, King_Sulzi said:

Yes i went straight for NG++++ on the cursed as it saves 2 playthroughs.

Its doable but you will note that certain curses stacking will change the gameplay dramatically.

For example you have to choose between increased enemy speed + attack speed and increased enemy awareness.

I stacked the awareness curse which caused the enemies to go full agro from really far away.

That was the most challenging part about the cursed.

Yeah, I ended up doing seven playthroughs ? My initial NG playthrough was blind, and I failed to save Naro, so that I needed to play almost all of NG+ anyways on that save to get all collectables... So I decided to just do all NG+ cycles with the regular character and two additional for the Mask of Pain.

Playing as The Cursed One was less frustrating than I'd thought, but I can imagine that stacking curses over five playthroughs can make things quite challenging ?

Funnily enough, I thought that the most challenging part of the game was the Stormbreaker content.. dunno if I went there underleveled, but those energy-immune dudes gave me some trouble initially.  

• 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...