Longest ongoing platinum you are going for?

The_Kopite

On 9/16/2019 at 4:44 AM, The_Kopite said:

Loving reading all the comments and stories everyone! Really interesting to read and for such a wide range of games too, like for example I didn't realise the Just Dance games were so hard! lol Nice to know my 5 years and counting for FFX is not so bad lol

Just Dance (at least for the ones I've played 19, 20 and 21) are not too bad. They are just a big grind but if you approach it as exercise which most of us may need, then you're good. ? Gonna make it a yearly tradition to plat each one. :)

My longest ongoing platinum is by far Diablo 2 Resurrected. 250+ hours and counting. ? 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Gattusso02 said:

Just Dance (at least for the ones I've played 19, 20 and 21) are not too bad. They are just a big grind but if you approach it as exercise which most of us may need, then you're good. 1f602.png Gonna make it a yearly tradition to plat each one. :)

My longest ongoing platinum is by far Diablo 2 Resurrected. 250+ hours and counting. 1f605.png 

When you say it like that, sounds like a good plan! lol Nice tradition to have as well!

250+ hours and counting? Wow, anywhere close to getting the Diablo 2 Resurrected platinum?

• Like 1

I had a plan to plat 2 games and always find some excuses:

Control - this boooring af crap, bores me to complete boring status. Yet I was able to finish the story. 

Battlefield Hardline - the people who created those online trophies (and online as well) should take a ride down the highway to hell. 

Right now, due my PS4 passing, can't even attempt one of these. 

14 hours ago, The_Kopite said:

When you say it like that, sounds like a good plan! lol Nice tradition to have as well!

250+ hours and counting? Wow, anywhere close to getting the Diablo 2 Resurrected platinum?

The world first on PS5 clocked in in about 600 hours so I fear I will complete the game some time along that time range as well. ??  Pray for my soul. ? Will definitely just grind it out slowly when ever I have the energy to do so so it will still be more of fun progress than a chore. I'll mix it up with other games for sure.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Gattusso02 said:

The world first on PS5 clocked in in about 600 hours so I fear I will complete the game some time along that time range as well. 1f64f-1f3fc.png  Pray for my soul. 1f602.png Will definitely just grind it out slowly when ever I have the energy to do so so it will still be more of fun progress than a chore. I'll mix it up with other games for sure.

600 hours is still a lot less than the 10.000 hours some people were talking about :D 

• Like 1

On 08/12/2021 at 4:11 AM, RoastedPeanut said:

Mirror's Edge. The last time I earned a trophy in that game was November 22, 2008....13 years ago! Next after that is Star Ocean 4, which I last earned a trophy July 16, 2010. I recently bought a new copy of Star Ocean (my copy is back home in another country) and Mirror's Edge is installed and ready to play. I'm confident I can knock Mirror's Edge off sooner rather then later, but Star Ocean 4 is a massive time sink, but something I'm determined to do

Holy shit. the thread can be closed after your post lol

1 hour ago, TomataEighty9 said:

600 hours is still a lot less than the 10.000 hours some people were talking about :D 

True that man! Stories get inflated and over exaggerated. Although prior to a rather recent patch that allows manual player count adjustment and in turn grants better XP, lots of players were struggling with an unknown estimate to be fair to them. Still definitely not anywhere close to 10,000 hours though. ? 

Wheelman will be 10 years old in February, Just Cause 2, Mercenaries 2 and Toy Story 3 will also be 10 years old in March. Mercs 2 very lucky i made the trophies online 9 years ago, i still want platinum one day. Wheelman... is one of the most terrible games I've played in my life, twice I forced myself to play and evolved some challenges but it's so incredibly boring and terrible gameplay and controls that I always give up. I can't imagine finishing Wheelman, it's a UR platinum for a reason.

There are also a number of 9-8 year old PS3 games that with some luck and effort it's still possible to complete eventually.

5 minutes ago, Gattusso02 said:

True that man! Stories get inflated and over exaggerated. Although prior to a rather recent patch that allows manual player count adjustment and in turn grants better XP, lots of players were struggling with an unknown estimate to be fair to them. Still definitely not anywhere close to 10,000 hours though. 1f605.png 

I could be wrong, but from what I understood, no one in history had reached level 99 in the original D2, let alone in hardcore (correct me if I'm wrong) I believe for that reason people were desperate about this trophy.

3 hours ago, Gattusso02 said:

The world first on PS5 clocked in in about 600 hours so I fear I will complete the game some time along that time range as well. ??  Pray for my soul. ? Will definitely just grind it out slowly when ever I have the energy to do so so it will still be more of fun progress than a chore. I'll mix it up with other games for sure.

600 hours?! Wow, yeah definitely not for me haha enjoy the nice slow grind towards that! ?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kevao97 said:

Wheelman will be 10 years old in February, Just Cause 2, Mercenaries 2 and Toy Story 3 will also be 10 years old in March. Mercs 2 very lucky i made the trophies online 9 years ago, i still want platinum one day. Wheelman... is one of the most terrible games I've played in my life, twice I forced myself to play and evolved some challenges but it's so incredibly boring and terrible gameplay and controls that I always give up. I can't imagine finishing Wheelman, it's a UR platinum for a reason.

There are also a number of 9-8 year old PS3 games that with some luck and effort it's still possible to complete eventually.

I could be wrong, but from what I understood, no one in history had reached level 99 in the original D2, let alone in hardcore (correct me if I'm wrong) I believe for that reason people were desperate about this trophy.

Nah there have been a few lvl 99 achievers for sure in the original. They are just like how the platinum achievers are now or will be in the future... very very few.

5 hours ago, The_Kopite said:

600 hours?! Wow, yeah definitely not for me haha enjoy the nice slow grind towards that! 1f44d.png

Thanks man! Need all the energy I can get from you guys! ?? 

• Like 1