Trophy Thoughts?

Patrickosan

Nice to see variety on dlc trophies. Wouldnt have minded if survivor trophies werent included as survivor difficulty doesnt have much leeway how to do run. 

Also why no rifts dlc? It was first dlc on pc. 

Anyway will return to Frostlands. 

Edit: there is Rifts dlc, it just doesnt seem to have trophies. 

Edited by Kavatus

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/8/2021 at 5:23 AM, HuntingFever said:

How is this game as of the latest patch? Is it still really hard with bad RNG? I ask because this is going really cheap in the current sale and I wouldn't mind picking it up :).

I would say there's only one trophy (Refugees Survivor) where you need to rely on good RNG, and even then it's only for one section of the playthrough. The rest is just about developing a good strategy.

Edited by cakeisatruth
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Which section of that playthrough is RNG based?

I went into the details more in that section of the trophy guide, but the short version is a certain scouting location can appear anywhere between 3-5 stops from your city. If it doesn't appear on stop #3, getting everyone fed before they starve is very difficult.

In the rest, RNG shouldn't play too big a part if you have a solid strategy.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, cakeisatruth said:

I went into the details more in that section of the trophy guide, but the short version is a certain scouting location can appear anywhere between 3-5 stops from your city. If it doesn't appear on stop #3, getting everyone fed before they starve is very difficult.

In the rest, RNG shouldn't play too big a part if you have a solid strategy.

Thank you for the info :). BTW, is it a good idea to have the DLCs installed from the get-go or should they bought much later on?

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

6 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Thank you for the info :). BTW, is it a good idea to have the DLCs installed from the get-go or should they bought much later on?

It doesn't really matter. They don't affect the main scenarios at all - TLA and OTE are their own scenarios, and Rifts is an endless mode map. They can affect your Ultramarathon playthrough, but only if you choose those options. (The Rifts map is more complex, so I wouldn't recommend it for an already difficult playthrough. OTE lets you toggle settlements in endless mode, at the cost of also enabling random hazards. Some people say the trade-off is worth it, some don't. I got the Ultramarathon trophies before DLC came to console, so it's definitely possible to do without.)

Edited by cakeisatruth
Clarifying
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...