God Awful and a new low for gaming!

On 10/12/2019 at 8:05 PM, NaseemJohn said:

I bet half the people expressing their opinions here haven’t even played the game yet are trying to shame  the dude who clearly did and is critiquing it lmao.

I’ve played broken games before in my life. 

I’m shaming him because we should expect a lot of AAA games to not be finished on release date. 

So Assassins Creed Odyssey and Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 were playable on release date. Fine, I’ll grant them that.

I learned my lesson with Assassins Creed Unity. But that was already too long ago for a lot of people to remember how broken and glitchy that game was when it came out. 

It’s mind boggling that some of us expect all these multi million dollar AAA games to work very smoothly on release date. I typically don’t buy a new AAA game until months later when it becomes more playable and optimized. Days Gone would be a great game to buy today. But I find Sony exclusives to have much better gameplay and smoother frame rate than most of Ubisoft’s crap. 

Just because someone is a big Call of Duty and Battlefield fan, don’t expect every big release to be working as well as the last one did. 

The fact that we’re still surprised when these games are broken on release just goes to show how easy people forget. 

• Like 1

@Spaz not targeted towards you I’m just saying if a company releases a product that isn’t working as it should the consumer shouldn’t be blamed. A lot of games today launch in a good state, its just that the ones that don’t get more attention and there’s this narrative that majority of them are broken when that’s not the case. 

Edited by NaseemJohn
  • Like 1

On 10/12/2019 at 9:43 PM, Spaz said:

Bullshit.

Ever heard of a thing called a backlog? I have plenty of PS4 games, I'm just playing some older stuff so I can finish it off.

I paid full price for God of War 2018 & Marvel's Spider-Man. Unlike the crap that is the latest Tom Clancy game, I actually tested both of these games at version 1.00 and they ran a LOT better than what you would expect from Ubisoft. As much as I nitpick some of the newer Sony exclusives, they are fine tuned extremely well and they not only look great but they play very well.

That's the difference between a company like Sony Santa Monica or Insomniac Games that actually spends the time to make their products more optimized for your game console, delaying the game if need be if it needs more testing. Ubisoft on the other hand just shoves out their games because they're trying to reach a status quo. Almost immediately after their games are released they offer a Deluxe Edition of sorts.

They have what, at least three or four different editions to their games now? It used to be just the base game and then the DLC was added on later that you would buy completely separate from the PS Store. Now you have not just the Gold Edition to a game that already gives you all the DLC once it is released, but an Ultimate Edition that you have to pay over $100 for what is essentially just a bunch of crap. God of War 2018 & Marvel's Spider-Man didn't need to shove down that crap on people.

Yeah, I get that games now are too big and too vast for developers to really make them fully optimized on release. That's why patches and updates are released over time to make them run better and smoother for your gaming console. But don't just come on and bitch that the game is completely broken on release date because in this day and age, what do you expect? These games are massive, maintained by several hundred if not over a thousand people who have worked on the game and they still can't completely get these games to run perfectly well.

Ubisoft just shoved out this Tom Clancy game because they knew they would make a shit ton of money from people like yourself. Maybe the game will turn out to be quite alright, but waiting a few months does wonders. Updates are released. Bugs are patched out. Complaints from gamers like you are sometimes addressed. This is completely in the doing of the publishers, because all that matters to them is short them profit margins and how willing people are going to shell out their wallets for a new AAA game that isn't even finished.

You saying to me we shouldn't be current is complete bullshit. Do I think it's your fault for buying a shitty game at launch? Possibly, because people shell out full price for the latest Madden, NBA and MLB game for the same game year after year. Wait a couple months, and the price drops drastically.

Just because Assassins Creed wasn't a mess and The Division 2 wasn't a mess doesn't mean some of their other games won't go as smoothly. Ubisoft is one of the biggest gaming companies out there, they have places all across the world and they release games every single year. A different development team worked on Ghost Recon than the team that worked on Assassins Creed Odyssey. That's like saying a couple of EA's games went pretty well but I should expect the next big EA game to run smoothly.

That's all I can say to you.

ok so you say maybe division 2 and assassins creed were ok at launch but it doesn't mean this will be.  I get that but how am i suppose to know this game is going to be shit at launch?  Why Ghost Recon and not  the others?  Who are you to call me stupid for buying a game day one?  Nobody really give a shit for you constant opinion all the time.  somebody has to buy the game at full price otherwise developers wouldn't make any effort at all to produce a bug free game.  Should I expect to be penalized with complete shit because I support the developer at full price day 1??  Does that really make sense to you?  Blame me over the multi billion dollar company like ubisoft????? Blame me for being the tester of the game and making it so your cost stays lower when you buy it 3 months later.  Supporting a game day 1 at full price so the developers make the profit to produce bigger and better games each generation why you hand over you $15.00 two years on down the road and you want to badger me???  You're right some people are really stupid!  

On 10/12/2019 at 10:05 PM, NaseemJohn said:

I bet half the people expressing their opinions here haven’t even played the game yet are trying to shame  the dude who clearly did and is critiquing it lmao.

It's what you call a troll a person scans every post on a site and comments on posts he has no experience with or knows nothing about.  I couldn't really imagine going over to the Hanah Montana Forum and badgering the people who have played that game when I have absolutely no expeience with that game.  I mean just because he played this broken ass game or that broken ass game doesn't mean he knows shit about this broken ass game am I right?  Where have i heard that before????  We call them trolls for a reason.

1 hour ago, NaseemJohn said:

@Spaz not targeted towards you I’m just saying if a company releases a product that isn’t working as it should the consumer shouldn’t be blamed. A lot of games today launch in a good state, its just that the ones that don’t get more attention and there’s this narrative that majority of them are broken when that’s not the case. 

I guess we should just start putting the label 'Buyer Beware' on the damn cover. Sure it's not on the game box cover but we can imagine it.

That's true, but there are a number of games that don't launch in a good state. Fallout 76 and Battlefield V I can admit were criticized more for their faults in game mechanics than their state of being bug riddled and having glitches.

What I'm saying is you shouldn't expect every big AAA game to release in a good state. I've played a lot of AAA games over the past 15 years and I've gotten to the point where I'm more cautious with what I'm buying. For the high school kid and college kid, maybe not, because they haven't played as many games as they'll just go with whatever game looks cool.

If you buy the latest Call of Duty game and you find it is full of bugs and glitches, is virtually unplayable on release and you cannot get a refund either physically or digitally, the fault is entirely on you.

We can blame the companies all we want and we should. But don't give all consumers a free pass because we're just as guilty in supporting lootboxes, microtransactions and accepting whatever crap Ubisoft, EA, Activision or Square throw at us.

1 hour ago, steel6burgh said:

ok so you say maybe division 2 and assassins creed were ok at launch but it doesn't mean this will be.  I get that but how am i suppose to know this game is going to be shit at launch?  Why Ghost Recon and not  the others?  Who are you to call me stupid for buying a game day one?  Nobody really give a shit for you constant opinion all the time.  somebody has to buy the game at full price otherwise developers wouldn't make any effort at all to produce a bug free game.  Should I expect to be penalized with complete shit because I support the developer at full price day 1??  Does that really make sense to you?  Blame me over the multi billion dollar company like ubisoft????? Blame me for being the tester of the game and making it so your cost stays lower when you buy it 3 months later.  Supporting a game day 1 at full price so the developers make the profit to produce bigger and better games each generation why you hand over you $15.00 two years on down the road and you want to badger me???  You're right some people are really stupid! 

I bought Assassins Creed Syndicate, Middle Earth: Shadow of War & Assassins Creed Origins at full price. I got shat on by WB Games because of all the controversy surrounding the lootboxes in Shadow of War, which thankfully have been patched out so they're no longer a thing. So you can blame me somewhat for buying a game that picks up where Shadow of Mordor left off only to be caught off guard with the lootbox bullshit that every major YouTube reviewer gripped about when they got to the game.

The entire preorder thing and buying day 1 for most of these games is rather dumb in my opinion. Waiting just a brief week or two does wonders, I've seen several examples of people griping about something only for those complaints to get addressed by the company who made the game, resulting in an update that tries to fix the glaring issues. We live in a time when Ubisoft gladly has people like yourself game test a game, because that is a lot cheaper than having to hire people ahead of time to game test the games like it used to be back in the day. That's why beta releases are a big thing on Steam and other platforms so the gamers, us, game test the games before they are to be sold at full price.

Shit like lootboxes, gambling, games getting half assed releases amongst a number of other trends are all things I'd rather not partake in.

I can easily list a number of glaring issues for you but knowing how you write your posts and respond, there's no further point in trying to convince you that you are in fact supporting this company and supporting the practices put into place.

I'm not saying you're bad for buying this game and it's perfectly good that you enjoy the Tom Clancy series. What I'm suggesting to you is don't be surprised if a new Ubisoft you're looking forward to is bug riddled and full of glitches and is virtually unplayable on release day. That just tells me the game is NOT finished, but it's easy to just throw criticism at the company who developed the game because it's likely the publisher just wanted to shove out this Tom Clancy game ahead of time to meet a profit margin.

A company as successful and massive as Ubisoft isn't without it's share of asshole investors, executives and publishers who only care about the money, even if that means throwing a game ahead of time just to meet sales quota for the upcoming holiday season.

43 minutes ago, Spaz said:

I guess we should just start putting the label 'Buyer Beware' on the damn cover. Sure it's not on the game box cover but we can imagine it.

That's true, but there are a number of games that don't launch in a good state. Fallout 76 and Battlefield V I can admit were criticized more for their faults in game mechanics than their state of being bug riddled and having glitches.

What I'm saying is you shouldn't expect every big AAA game to release in a good state. I've played a lot of AAA games over the past 15 years and I've gotten to the point where I'm more cautious with what I'm buying. For the high school kid and college kid, maybe not, because they haven't played as many games as they'll just go with whatever game looks cool.

If you buy the latest Call of Duty game and you find it is full of bugs and glitches, is virtually unplayable on release and you cannot get a refund either physically or digitally, the fault is entirely on you.

We can blame the companies all we want and we should. But don't give all consumers a free pass because we're just as guilty in supporting lootboxes, microtransactions and accepting whatever crap Ubisoft, EA, Activision or Square throw at us.

I bought Assassins Creed Syndicate, Middle Earth: Shadow of War & Assassins Creed Origins at full price. I got shat on by WB Games because of all the controversy surrounding the lootboxes in Shadow of War, which thankfully have been patched out so they're no longer a thing. So you can blame me somewhat for buying a game that picks up where Shadow of Mordor left off only to be caught off guard with the lootbox bullshit that every major YouTube reviewer gripped about when they got to the game.

The entire preorder thing and buying day 1 for most of these games is rather dumb in my opinion. Waiting just a brief week or two does wonders, I've seen several examples of people griping about something only for those complaints to get addressed by the company who made the game, resulting in an update that tries to fix the glaring issues. We live in a time when Ubisoft gladly has people like yourself game test a game, because that is a lot cheaper than having to hire people ahead of time to game test the games like it used to be back in the day. That's why beta releases are a big thing on Steam and other platforms so the gamers, us, game test the games before they are to be sold at full price.

Shit like lootboxes, gambling, games getting half assed releases amongst a number of other trends are all things I'd rather not partake in.

I can easily list a number of glaring issues for you but knowing how you write your posts and respond, there's no further point in trying to convince you that you are in fact supporting this company and supporting the practices put into place.

I'm not saying you're bad for buying this game and it's perfectly good that you enjoy the Tom Clancy series. What I'm suggesting to you is don't be surprised if a new Ubisoft you're looking forward to is bug riddled and full of glitches and is virtually unplayable on release day. That just tells me the game is NOT finished, but it's easy to just throw criticism at the company who developed the game because it's likely the publisher just wanted to shove out this Tom Clancy game ahead of time to meet a profit margin.

A company as successful and massive as Ubisoft isn't without it's share of asshole investors, executives and publishers who only care about the money, even if that means throwing a game ahead of time just to meet sales quota for the upcoming holiday season.

ok well you're  not the 1st person to come on a post and tell everybody that's what they get for buying a game day 1 on a forum where they were bitching about the state of the game as a new release.  I even stated that I expected bugs in the game which I did.  I just didn't expect it to be a total train wreck like it is.  I don't think anybody can believe they would release a game this far off complete so it was worth a post not really something to be attacked over.  Had you played the game you would understand that a game this far off complete with this many bugs is news worthy and worth a mention as a discussion or a simple warning to watch out don't buy this game.  I don't really understand how you believe you're contributing to the post. I think we all realize that by waiting a while on a game it gives developers time to iron bugs out.  Kind of goes without saying.  to be called morons and stuff over buying a game day 1 was a little over the top.

Edited by steel6burgh

8 minutes ago, steel6burgh said:

ok well you're  not the 1st person to come on a post and tell everybody that's what they get for buying a game day 1 on a forum where they were bitching about the state of the game as a new release.  I even stated that I expected bugs in the game which I did.  I just didn't expect it to be a total train wreck like it is.  I don't think anybody can believe they would release a game this far off complete so it was worth a post not really something to be attacked over.  Had you played the game you would understand that a game this far off complete with this many bugs is news worthy and worth a mention as a discussion or a simple warning to watch out don't buy this game.  I don't really understand how you believe you're contributing to the post. I think we all realize that by waiting a while on a game it gives developers time to iron bugs out.  Kind of goes without saying.  to be called morons and stuff over buying a game day 1 was a little over the top.

I understand and I get all of it.

For all we know, the development team didn't do a good job with this game.

I think it's simply wrong to blame everything on the developer because there is a lot more that goes into a game now. From various posts I've read on Reddit and some tweets people posted on Twitter, this Tom Clancy game was simply unfinished and it did not have to be released in the state it is in.

To me it just sounds like some asshole publisher at Ubisoft wanted to release this game before the glaring issues would properly get tested out so this game would generate profits in time for the holiday season.

Buying an online focused game day one, to deal with an unfinished product, kind of goes without saying.

I said everything I can say to you. Pretty comical at this point to hear complaints on virtually every other AAA game or every three - five AAA games because something is broken.

In conclusion, I throw most of the blame on the idiots at Ubisoft. I throw some of the blame on the consumers for expecting games like this to not have issues on release day.