Story/Sidequest roadmap.

Thermopyle2

19 hours ago, Silocia said:

Sorry to revive an old post but in your guide you've stated to be a male first but in the actual guide it says to be a female first?

@Thermopyle2 already answered this a few posts up. Doesn't matter what gender you choose, one companion is always unavailable for romance (Kurt for males and Aphra for females), so it always results in at least a partial second playthrough.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dejikos said:

@Thermopyle2 already answered this a few posts up. Doesn't matter what gender you choose, one companion is always unavailable for romance (Kurt for males and Aphra for females), so it always results in at least a partial second playthrough.

Thank you, I read the post but must have missed it.

16 minutes ago, Silocia said:

Thank you, I read the post but must have missed it.

There is a difference though if you are trying to do everything in one playthrough and start a second one only to romance Aphra or Kurt.

You can romance Aphra earlier than Kurt, so if you are going for one pt, start with a female MC on extreme difficulty

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
On 10/7/2019 at 2:15 AM, Thermopyle2 said:
  1. Play main story missions up until The Prince's Secret - Inform Admiral Cabral about the situation. 
  2. Continue with main quests. Complete A New High King up until you've obtained the crown (be sure to have support from all 3 chiefs before getting it.) Choose to keep the crown to yourself. (Waterproof, Outside the stone prison. :hidden:)

Considering you first said do all missions till The Prince's Secret, but then said to A New High King after it, at what point in the A Cure for Malichor questline do you stop it and start the An Ancient Secret questline?

6 hours ago, skinnybass said:

Considering you first said do all missions till The Prince's Secret, but then said to A New High King after it, at what point in the A Cure for Malichor questline do you stop it and start the An Ancient Secret questline?

Going by memory and referring to other walkthroughs, switch to An Ancient Secret as soon as it becomes available--which is very early in the questline for A Cure for Malichor--right after you finish The Battle of Red Spears (#2 of that line.) I'll update the walkthrough to clarify this.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Is there any way to artificially lower your reputation with a faction? I'm about to start A New High King, with every faction friendly except for the Bridge Alliance because I never finished their questline. But I know a future mission will give me another +3 rep, and I think that will push me into friendly. So even without doing all side quests, I have all factions friendly, and it sounds like that might lock me out of A Big Step Towards Peace.

Am I screwed and stuck having to do a second playthrough? Every guide seems to suggest that you won't get all the factions friendly unless you do all their sidequests, but that's completely not true. Why is there no consistent information about this game after like three years?

3 hours ago, PhyrxianLibrarin said:

Is there any way to artificially lower your reputation with a faction? I'm about to start A New High King, with every faction friendly except for the Bridge Alliance because I never finished their questline. But I know a future mission will give me another +3 rep, and I think that will push me into friendly. So even without doing all side quests, I have all factions friendly, and it sounds like that might lock me out of A Big Step Towards Peace.

Am I screwed and stuck having to do a second playthrough? Every guide seems to suggest that you won't get all the factions friendly unless you do all their sidequests, but that's completely not true. Why is there no consistent information about this game after like three years?

Did you check the PS5 thread, i've been working on a massive Platinum Speedrun Walkthrough, where you can likely find the answer.

Off the top of my head, from my experience working on the walkthrough, (on my 5th platinum now), A Big Step Towards Peace doesn't matter about Friendly factions, you just need to not finish any final Sidequest with a faction. The trophy will still trigger even if they are all Friendly.

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 2

On 8/23/2022 at 3:56 AM, PhyrxianLibrarin said:

To my recollection your relationship status doesn't matter, what matters is how many allies you went to and recruited before the ending. My roadmap was built off a single playthrough (excluding the partial second for the remaining romance) and I didn't test every permutation of what triggers trophies, I just went for what I hoped would work for myself and then documented those steps carefully. Due to that I can't give definitive answers on other options and for sure whether they will work, but I'd certainly trust @Optinooby's experience on it.

I will say the current PSNP guide is outright wrong for this trophy--you can have all your companions without a problem and still get it. I haven't looked over the rest of it recently so can't speak for the rest aside from 60 hours being a fairly inflated number of hours. I recall it taking me around 40 and that's with doing every side quest and a lot of careful research in my attempt to figure out minimal replay on the first run.

If you do have general questions about the game, including quests and the reputation they can give, I suggest this guide. It's what I used for supplementary info when I was playing it and never felt like I was running around blind:
https://guides.gamepressure.com/greedfall/

• Like 1

Hey @Thermopyle2 I just noticed this thread was bumped so I popped back in here out of curiosity, and while reading the replies I realized that I never posted a thank you note when I played this game a year and a half ago.

The trophies for this game can be pretty overwhelming with the sheer amount of stuff you need to keep track of while playing, so I found your quest roadmap to be invaluable! I had it open every step of the way and it was a great help to me. Thank you for helping me platinum this game! ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thermopyle2 said:

To my recollection your relationship status doesn't matter, what matters is how many allies you went to and recruited before the ending. My roadmap was built off a single playthrough (excluding the partial second for the remaining romance) and I didn't test every permutation of what triggers trophies, I just went for what I hoped would work for myself and then documented those steps carefully. Due to that I can't give definitive answers on other options and for sure whether they will work, but I'd certainly trust @Optinooby's experience on it.

I will say the current PSNP guide is outright wrong for this trophy--you can have all your companions without a problem and still get it. I haven't looked over the rest of it recently so can't speak for the rest aside from 60 hours being a fairly inflated number of hours. I recall it taking me around 40 and that's with doing every side quest and a lot of careful research in my attempt to figure out minimal replay on the first run.

If you do have general questions about the game, including quests and the reputation they can give, I suggest this guide. It's what I used for supplementary info when I was playing it and never felt like I was running around blind:
https://guides.gamepressure.com/greedfall/

Hi mate, you can recruit all allies and still get A Big Step Towards Peace by the way, you just need to not finish the Sidequests of one of them.

The only way you can't recruit a faction is if they are Suspicious I think, i've always had them Nice or above for every trophy and have got them all.

On the ending cutscene, I'll use Coin Guard as an example, if you don't do Coin Guards final quest, the ending will show that they are happy, but that there are still some shady characters in the ranks.

But then if you do all Coin Guard quests, it will say they are happy and that they have also cleaned the filth from the ranks after you helped identify them etc or along those lines.

For peace between all, you need every1 to be Nice or above I think and also complete all the faction Sidequests. Well maybe not all of them, I think only the last one is important, but you have to complete the few before to unlock it. The prologue for example, I skip all quests there and still get everything fine!

• Like 3

• 6 months later...