some questions.

RJP_X

do opened chests carry over into the next play through or do you have to open them again if you don't get the trophy for opening x amount of chests? same thing i will ask regarding skits viewed, if you need to view them all on NG+?

i am following a guide on gamefaqs and for my first play through my main thing is to finish the story first off, but i'm opening chests and watching skits as i go. and doing some of the side stuff, however i want to save some of the side stuff for NG+ like i stopped opening katz chests long ago and plan on dealing with that on NG+ so i don't have to keep farming katz souls in every area.

however i can see my first play through being near or at 100 hours itself before i finish it, i feel the 110 trophy guide estimate is definitely an understatement. at least for me lol. as i'm 60 hours in and only returning to the area where Velvet came from in terms of story. and haven't touched much of the grind besides grinding enemies for equipment drops and grade.

looking for an idea as to what's recommended that i should definitely complete in my first play through, like one thing i'm worried about is one of the characters titles that resets called elemental hunter, as i have 157 entries out of the 240 needed. it sucks that if i don't get that title in my first play that i'll have to start that over completely according to the guide. also uncertain if its been not a good idea to go for chests and skits cause unsure if i don't complete those in one play through that i have to go through all of those again.

I don't remember if chests carried over myself. I want to say they do but they probably don't since I remember having to backtrack to a lot of the areas and open them.

But yeah, it would be more ideal to just do everything else for the NG+ playthrough since in NG+ there is an EX Dungeon you will have to do anyway and it's best to get all the stuff you can there. The playtime for the story the first time around being 60 hours seems fair since I remember it taking me a while but when you do NG+ and just skip the cutscenes and only the story you can breeze through the story in a day or two.

You definitely should do the Grade Farming before going into NG+ though so that way you can buy all the best Grade Shop stuff though like the exp bonuses and whatnot. It will make the next playthrough a lot easier and you need to get to level 200 anyway.

2 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

I'm 100% certain you have to open every chest again. I'm also 100% sure you have to find again that thing (can't remember the name) that activates the hoverboard.

I'm 99% that your title progress resets as well. For example your 157/240 will become 0/240. So you will have to get 240 before starting NG+

You do have the get the hoverboard again yeah, but the titles you can carry over with the Grade Shop for 50 Grade.

6 minutes ago, Redgrave said:

You do have the get the hoverboard again yeah, but the titles you can carry over with the Grade Shop for 50 Grade.

It's not about getting the hoverboard, it's about having the ability to use it in each map. You'll have to find again the thing that allows you to.

Also the progress for Rokurou's title doesn't carry over

13 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

It's not about getting the hoverboard, it's about having the ability to use it in each map. You'll have to find again the thing that allows you to.

Yeah, that's what I meant. But I don't remember the thing about Rokurou's titles which after taking a quick look is that element hunter one. I guess that one is about the skills which shouldn't be too bad since if I remember right all you have to do is equip them but if you're switching gear a lot then it should come pretty naturally.

The above suggestions are good. I would also take a look at the Grade Shop and see what you might be interested in carrying over (and if you have enough Grade to buy it). If you're going for platinum, you should get used to doing a bit of grinding in-between story objectives (changing/strengthening equipment, learning skills,things like that).

Personally I'd take care of the treasure chest trophy in your first run. You'll get a glacite later in-game that'll tell you how many you have left unopened in an area. Wait till you get to post-game, see how many chests you've opened, then go back through each area to check. You can also take care of the geotree trophy at the same time, if you need to.

also the glacite you get for dismantling a 10+ piece of equipment i'm not understanding. i tried with a weapon and an armor piece and i didn't get nothing for it? unless i'm missing something. :/

i plan on getting the chests, skits, code red daemon's before completing this play through. i'm doing some side quest stuff besides Katz stuff which i'll save for the next play through, and almost have the required GRADE from natural play. Not sure if i should try to get the elemental hunter trophy before finishing my play through as i have 210/240 skills. i just wouldn't have to want to do it again if i reached the 240 needed, but i'm assuming if it unlocks by that point, with the progress made you wouldn't have to do it again unless you enter NG+ with it below 240. i'm hoping.

i will be definitely taking a break for something else after i'm satisfied with what i've completed for a first play through. something about Team Destiny Tales games take me much longer than the estimated time, Graces for instance was my longest platinum at 224 hours or so, 

On 10/17/2019 at 5:57 PM, sephiroth4424 said:

On 10/17/2019 at 6:22 PM, Redgrave said:

Yeah, that's what I meant. But I don't remember the thing about Rokurou's titles which after taking a quick look is that element hunter one. I guess that one is about the skills which shouldn't be too bad since if I remember right all you have to do is equip them but if you're switching gear a lot then it should come pretty naturally.

I've been playing through right now, on my second playthrough currently. You can carry over the progress on the element hunter title if you pick the option to keep learned skills in the grade shop, forget what exactly it is called but I will post again once I find the exact name.

8 minutes ago, RJP_X said:

also the glacite you get for dismantling a 10+ piece of equipment i'm not understanding. i tried with a weapon and an armor piece and i didn't get nothing for it? unless i'm missing something. :/

i plan on getting the chests, skits, code red daemon's before completing this play through. i'm doing some side quest stuff besides Katz stuff which i'll save for the next play through, and almost have the required GRADE from natural play. Not sure if i should try to get the elemental hunter trophy before finishing my play through as i have 210/240 skills. i just wouldn't have to want to do it again if i reached the 240 needed, but i'm assuming if it unlocks by that point, with the progress made you wouldn't have to do it again unless you enter NG+ with it below 240. i'm hoping.

i will be definitely taking a break for something else after i'm satisfied with what i've completed for a first play through. something about Team Destiny Tales games take me much longer than the estimated time, Graces for instance was my longest platinum at 224 hours or so, 

For my first playthrough, I did everything optional but ended up switching it to simple to get through the bonus dungeon and the cameo bosses. I don't recommend this, as I did not realize the things that wouldn't carry over. For example, if you choose the option to carry over your Katz spirits, it doesn't actually carry over the opened chests, just the number you have opened. This means you cannot get to Katz Korner without opening at least 30 Katz chests again.

That's one of the reasons I ended up buying the Double XP multiplier DLC and then just did all the XP farming in the post-game dungeon in one playthrough (and all the other things required for the plat). As there are multiple things which you don't have to recollect since they already counted toward the total, but you don't know what you already collected since it resets the list when you enter NG+. I didn't want to have to deal with that frustration, so I just ended up farming XP at a slower rate. Also having to start completely over in NG+ with no hoverboard was just a horrible design decision.

What's very important to this method is finding a lot of gear that is +to XP from killing dragons. The prize for beating class 4 elite quarter zone the first time is adamantium boots with 3 X +18% to XP from dragon kills, so hopefully you held onto them.

Edited by Guardian_owl