Playing without PS+

2 hours ago, FebuKev said:

does it require the PS+ to play solo or offline coop?

I don't think PS+ is required for any offline games. Apparently, you can't play any part of the franchise offline. :dunno:

Edited by Helyx

1 hour ago, odilmer1991 said:

Yes, it requires PS + to play this game any way since everything is online.

1 hour ago, HuntingFever said:

All three Garden Warfare games are online only, thus require PS+ to even get past the Press Start Screen.

Thanks for clarifying, and sorry for the wrong information earlier, I'm American.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, FebuKev said:

Thank you guys, so I will wait until I get PS+ again.

you can sometimes activate PS+ for a few days (in germany it is either 2 days or 2 weeks depending on what the store gives me)

to activate it you have to be out of PS+ for some time and then try to start an online game from disc like PVZ or destiny and the store will ask you to "try ps+" for 2 days or something.

For me it always worked using the PVZ2 disc. it's not much but nice to try games out or if you only need PS+ for syncing (like I needed that to autopop Friday 13th double plat while the licence belongs to my US account but my main account is german and I didn't want to buy PS+ on a second account)

Maybe that's something for you.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
13 minutes ago, The-Smiths-85 said:

If I'd like to play co-op with another player (split screen mode) then does he also need to have ps+, as well as EA play? I suppose just ps+, right?

If your playing split screen only player one needs to own the game and PS Plus. For most games it's like this naturally there's only been a couple I've seen otherwise require PS Plus for the second player. (Secret Ponchos comes to mind.)

• Like 1