Quick Trophy Guide

IBadDriverI

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
46 minutes ago, NekoRave said:

you are basically necroing dead as hell threads for the sake of bumping your channel.

I have been merging any video guides into a single thread instead of the 2-10 different threads with practically the same video guide. 

I would prefer they just have their own single thread in the Studio section that just gets updated with all their videos, or just accept someone else posted an almost identical video guide before them and not post another.

However, just like any other topic started in multiple threads discussing the same thing, we merge them into the same thread. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DaivRules said:

I have been merging any video guides into a single thread instead of the 2-10 different threads with practically the same video guide. 

I would prefer they just have their own single thread in the Studio section that just gets updated with all their videos, or just accept someone else posted an almost identical video guide before them and not post another.

However, just like any other topic started in multiple threads discussing the same thing, we merge them into the same thread. 

The merging thing explains alot I thought I was somehow posting it in other threads by accident. 

41 minutes ago, NekoRave said:

I appreciate that, I wouldn't have said anything if I didn't see his name in 10 different hot topic posts throughout the day. After seeing him post on multiple bad drivers threads im like why cant you just have your own thread man.

Especially when his video is 23 mins compared to a 2 min video, plus all his vids are just streaming him platting, with a bunch of filler and no real substance. Having a channel purely for ratalaika games guides streams and then force feeding it to multiple threads on psnp felt like spam to me and I was like internally saying dude stop posting this shit everywhere.

Anyways thanks for at least merging those threads, really appreciate it

I was trying to do my own threads and not get in with other youtubers.

Also yes it is just me playing through a game no editing or speed runs just me and my experience with it while guides such as baddrivers are definitely good and have a better into than mine, they always seem to me anyway to fast it's like slow down a bit I'm trying to follow but it's to fast for me, and yes atm it is mainly ratalaika games, but I will be doing other games I'm just getting my quick easy Plats out of the way first before I commit to other games I will be streaming all my PS4 and PS5 when it comes out, I'm just working on alot of my back log atm starting with the quick easy games since I got em on sale and I want to clear up my hard drive. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NekoRave said:

I will say if you are trying to get people to click on the vids, do it organically, Let people come to you, use twitter by all means fb, insta, whatever, even psnp. My gripe is when threads are dead like this one and somebody revives them by posting irrelevant things. Keep everything in one spot, use status updates or even a mega thread. Just try not to make tons of threads for each new video you make, or post said videos in other peoples guide vids. Do what you want with the channel its just I am telling you right now posting links everywhere will negatively impact your channel. People will associate it with spam if you do that, so as I said keep everything together get your following but if nobody has posted anything in months try not to comment on it as it revives dead threads in the worst way possible.

The dead thread thing was why I made new ones, as well as I was posting in the region specific thread for the game, as for twitter like 2 followers, although I will take your advice there so thank you for that I might still pop up and if I ass hashtags might show up in searches, but I get what you mean that's why I was starting thread's. I will work on not posting in dead I'll say Forums if there's already a walkthrough in there I'll avoid it unless it's like Idk a month old. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DEMONICRUBLE18 said:

Also yes it is just me playing through a game no editing or speed runs just me and my experience with it

If your video is different than the quick guides here:

1.  Embed the video rather than just post a link. It looks shady to just post links and I’m not clicking to check what it is. The thumbnail should explain that. 
2. Post a summary/description/explanation/insight with the video in your posts so people know how it’s different. “Platinum Run” is vague and is synonymous with Trophy Guide.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DaivRules said:

If your video is different than the quick guides here:

1.  Embed the video rather than just post a link. It looks shady to just post links and I’m not clicking to check what it is. The thumbnail should explain that. 
2. Post a summary/description/explanation/insight with the video in your posts so people know how it’s different. “Platinum Run” is vague and is synonymous with Trophy Guide.

Fair point, only thing is I'm not 100% on how to embed, I thought it was done automatically. I will look around to find out how to embed. 

3 minutes ago, DEMONICRUBLE18 said:

Fair point, only thing is I'm not 100% on how to embed, I thought it was done automatically. I will look around to find out how to embed. 

Post a direct link to the video in the thread, if you post to a playlist it will not embed. If you have multiple videos, place the links one after another. They should recognize and embed. 

2 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Post a direct link to the video in the thread, if you post to a playlist it will not embed. If you have multiple videos, place the links one after another. They should recognize and embed. 

I have tried this with my non playlisted videos no luck, tried doing the non mobile link as well and it just doesn't seem to work for me. 

18 minutes ago, DEMONICRUBLE18 said:

I have tried this with my non playlisted videos no luck, tried doing the non mobile link as well and it just doesn't seem to work for me. 

PM me the OS/version and browser/version you are using so we don’t derail the thread further and we will troubleshoot from there. 

• 2 years later...