Turtles in Time (snes) retro review

siuilarun

This was a fun game especially to play with a partner and it was mercifully easy which was a nice change after the first TMNT game which was brutally hard. Overall it was inferior to the first game due to being highly simple and repetive while the original TMNT NES game had all kinds of variety.

I played this game at my cousin's house. It kicks butt! On a side note, you should do a retro review of snowboard kids 2 on the N64.

I second this, what an underrated game. This, waverace, Mario Kart, diddy kong racing and 1080 all fantastic arcade racing games :)

• Like 1

Yeah but Turbo Tunnel was the first really hard part in the game. Up until then it was a piece of cake and then all of a sudden the difficulty just spikes. I mentioned that level because most gamers never saw past it (so Surf City was just a far off dream) :P

Turbo Tunnel in Battletoads is nothing compared to Surf City, in that level I have no idea how to control my toad. I can't tell how high you're going to bounce.

Yeah but Turbo Tunnel was the first really hard part in the game. Up until then it was a piece of cake and then all of a sudden the difficulty just spikes. I mentioned that level because most gamers never saw past it (so Surf City was just a far off dream) :P

I never got past it, myself. It also didn't help that it looked so... fleshy. Makes me think of intestines or chitterlings.

As to a review of Snowboard kids 2 on 64. Maybe, but it's not something I already own or played back in the day, although I did play the first one with my sister. I'd have to play it on an emulator, which would probably taint my experience, since I'd have to use my keyboard. Arrow keys work fine as a d-pad, but they are a poor substitute for an analog stick.

And yes, that is exactly what I was referring to when I said electric seaweed.

BattleToads that bike level was brutal. Man that game was my first time I tossed my controller. Anyways good times that Turtles in Time SNES game. Hell it was an blast playing with a second player since it was fun at the time. Another good TMNT game was the first NES one. That was loads of us even with the two extra levels to boot.