GTA V Australian Classification (Rating)

HeySumbode

I've always been curious.  Can't you guys in AUS just get around it by having a buddy in another country just slap a different label on the disk and send it to ya when games get banned?  It sucks you have to do that, however, it seems like a fairly easy go-around.  I suppose just getting to trust somebody overseas would be the hardest part.  If you already know somebody it'd be a no-brainer.

I've always been curious.  Can't you guys in AUS just get around it by having a buddy in another country just slap a different label on the disk and send it to ya when games get banned?  It sucks you have to do that, however, it seems like a fairly easy go-around.  I suppose just getting to trust somebody overseas would be the hardest part.  If you already know somebody it'd be a no-brainer.

We actually don't even have to do that, it's not illegal to import games that have been refused classification, unless the individual is planning on selling it within Australia, then it becomes illegal.

• Like 2

We actually don't even have to do that, it's not illegal to import games that have been refused classification, unless the individual is planning on selling it within Australia, then it becomes illegal.

Huh...learn something new every day.  I thought they wouldn't even import it.  I suppose it cost a pretty penny to do so.  Thanks for the clarification.

Huh...learn something new every day.  I thought they wouldn't even import it.  I suppose it cost a pretty penny to do so.  Thanks for the clarification.

Nope, just the cost of the game plus shipping (if the site charges for shipping), it's actually a good way to save money too, as it's usually cheaper than buying a game new here, our games are usually $80-$100 new.