The Last of Us DLC Details Coming Soon

MrsB

Naughty Dog has delivered word that the first real details on the upcoming downloadable content for The Last of Us will be coming soon.

In a Reddit Ask Me Anything, game director Bruce Straley and creative director Neil Druckmann were repeatedly asked for details on the highly anticipated DLC. While neither of the two were willing to offer up any specifics on what the DLC may entail, Druckmann did state, "News is on the way about the first DLC drop. Should hear about it this month," presumably referring to some point in August.

Straley reiterated what we already knew from the announcement of The Last of Us Season Pass, which is that there are plans for one single-player story DLC and two multiplayer DLC releases. The latter seems likely to center around new maps, but it's anyone's guess as to when the single-player DLC will be set or which characters it will include, although Druckmann did concede that some characters from the game will be returning.

To date, the only DLC available for The Last of Us has come in the form of pre-order bonuses and content included with special editions of the game consisting of extra skins, bonuses for multiplayer, and early access to upgrades in the single-player mode.

When asked if there will ever be any additional story content centering around Joel and Ellie, the game's two protagonists, Druckmann said, "It's possible. We're playing with some ideas, but no direction has been set yet for the next game." This shouldn't be taken as confirmation of a second Last of Us being developed, as it was made clear several times that, at least publicly, Naughty Dog is undecided on what game the Last of Us team will be working on next.

The game's controversial ending was also a popular subject on Reddit. Fans were given no definitive word as to how it should be interpreted, but Druckmann promised he and Straley will share details on some of the proposed alternative endings during a panel at this year's PAX Prime.

What are you hoping to see from the single-player DLC? Are you interested in seeing something more than just maps in the multiplayer DLC? Let us know what you're wishing for in the comments.

Information courtesy of IGN - 

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/01/the-last-of-us-dlc-details-coming-soon

I can't wait to hear more details about this!  :yay:

Edited by MrsB

As much as I enjoy the multiplayer in The Last of Us I am anticipating the single player DLC much more than the multiplayer ones. I am very interested to see how they'll implement it with the story and the timeline it is on as well. Whatever Naughty Dog decide to do, I am sure it will be amazing.

Parker

I have never in my life liked a multiplayer component until this game.  I am so addicted that I am actually looking forward to the MP dlc. I am so glad I bought the season pass.  With single player dlc I think you need more that one episode to tell the proper story. 

I remember people before the game came out, "Multiplayer?!  It's going to be tacked on and really bad, they haven't even announced any details yet and it comes out a month away, that's not good."  Now they love it :lol:  I can't wait for more!  I don't usually buy DLC, but I need more TLOU!

Story wise I would like either Ellie with Marlene showing her getting 'infected' basically everything until she meets Joel, or the favor Joel did to Bill and Joel and his brother little adventures in that 20 years skip. Multiplayer wise more maps and game modes, I cannot tell you how many times I played Bills towns during the 24 weeks. 

• Like 1

Story wise I would like either Ellie with Marlene showing her getting 'infected' basically everything until she meets Joel, or the favor Joel did to Bill and Joel and his brother little adventures in that 20 years skip. Multiplayer wise more maps and game modes, I cannot tell you how many times I played Bills towns during the 24 weeks. 

It seems the most hated maps are the dam and downtown. I'd like to see a multiplayer mode with NPCs and infected.

It seems the most hated maps are the dam and downtown. I'd like to see a multiplayer mode with NPCs and infected.

I only played Downtown 4 times the entire 24 weeks people hate it for some reason and never voted for it, I think is okay is definitely not the worst or maybe I say that because I only played it a few times unlike all the other maps. 

Hopefully one of the DLCs come soon! I don't care if it's story related or multiplayer... Just give us one soon :yay:

For the mulitplayer DLCs - at least have the infected in a mode or two. 2 teams VS. infected would be very awesome. The story DLC I would perfer how it started with Ellie and her friend along with Tess.

Well the Ellie with Marlene thing is the plot of the Dark Horse prequel comics, The Last of Us: American Dreams so it is unlikely that we will see that as DLC. Personally, I think Ish's story would be pretty awesome. Don't forget that we saw screens of Joel and Ellie in what looked like L.A. which is not in the present game (obviously) so perhaps this will find its way onto the game.

Edit: It wasn't a screenshot we saw, it was concept art. But still

Edited by dlee_75

I only played Downtown 4 times the entire 24 weeks people hate it for some reason and never voted for it, I think is okay is definitely not the worst or maybe I say that because I only played it a few times unlike all the other maps. 

Same here. I find myself voting for it usually because it's something different. I'm on my second journey right now and I think I've played on downtown maybe like 3 times?

• 3 weeks later...